Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

this may be the key to men finally understanding women!

Sorry if this has been a topic before.

From the male perspective he seems to have absolutely nothing going for him.

Apr 21st 2013 new

For a long time I thought he was a she.

I think it has something to do with him, in girly form, appearing sexually non-threatening. It lulls young girls into a false sense of security about his intentions. How can someone with no facial hair, a gender neutral hair cut and very straight-up-down body form be threatening? It inspires a mentality about the innocent friendship with a boy being more inviting to young girls than the obviously sexual nature of a looming man with a full beard and built like a brick out house.

Of course, when they spout on about marrying him, I think its coming from that very childlike and navie concept of marriage being flowers and princes and towers of ivory.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: For a long time I thought he was a she. I think it has something to do with him, in girly ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

For a long time I thought he was a she.

I think it has something to do with him, in girly form, appearing sexually non-threatening. It lulls young girls into a false sense of security about his intentions. How can someone with no facial hair, a gender neutral hair cut and very straight-up-down body form be threatening? It inspires a mentality about the innocent friendship with a boy being more inviting to young girls than the obviously sexual nature of a looming man with a full beard and built like a brick out house.

Of course, when they spout on about marrying him, I think its coming from that very childlike and navie concept of marriage being flowers and princes and towers of ivory.

--hide--

Why thank you, Naomi. That was exactly the type of post I was looking for.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: this may be the key to men finally understanding women!Sorry if this has been a topic before...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--
Who Cares?

Apr 21st 2013 new

He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. My mom's a middle school teacher and she said even a lot of her middle school girls are disgusted that they thought he was all that not so long ago.

I never got into the whole music "babe", as it were, when I was that age (or any age as of yet, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't enlighten you. :(

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Who Cares?
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Who Cares?

--hide--

Who cares about understanding women?

Who cares about Justin Bieber?

Or who cares, lets go have a beer?

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Alex-928670 said: He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. M...
(Quote) Alex-928670 said:

He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. My mom's a middle school teacher and she said even a lot of her middle school girls are disgusted that they thought he was all that not so long ago.

I never got into the whole music "babe", as it were, when I was that age (or any age as of yet, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't enlighten you. :(

--hide--

You are trying to give me a headache aren't you, Alex! Don't make old men think so hard, to me young women means anyone between about 10 years old and 40 years old!!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: this may be the key to men finally understanding women!Sorry if this has been a topic before...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--

I'm not a "Belieber" but here is my take , beause I was a New Kids On The Block fan (well I still am biggrin)

They're cute, they can sing and they can dance. It didn't take much for pubescent me back then.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..

it is all about happy and fun living on the lighter side of life..

wink

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Camille-167932 said: ... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..it is all about happy and fu...
(Quote) Camille-167932 said:

... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..

it is all about happy and fun living on the lighter side of life..

--hide--

Then why was Kurt Cobain so popular? Hehe.

Posts 1 - 10 of 41