Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Or at least be consistent. There are many topics in both age-specific rooms that are not exactly age-specific. I actually thought the purpose of those rooms were for people in those age groups to talk to each other, not to just discuss issues that absolutely must somehow be tied to those age ranges.

If the rooms are restricted to discussion of topics that are explicitly stated to be specific only to those age groups, then ALL threads that are not specific to those age groups should be moved to other rooms.

If the rooms are simply a friendly place for people in those age groups to talk amongst themselves on topics that interest them, please leave the threads alone.

Thank you for your consideration.

Apr 22 new

...or help me understand why they're being moved. Sorry if the tone of my post is a little combative... embarassed

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Or at least be consistent. There are many topics in both age-specific rooms that are not exa...
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

Or at least be consistent. There are many topics in both age-specific rooms that are not exactly age-specific. I actually thought the purpose of those rooms were for people in those age groups to talk to each other, not to just discuss issues that absolutely must somehow be tied to those age ranges.

If the rooms are restricted to discussion of topics that are explicitly stated to be specific only to those age groups, then ALL threads that are not specific to those age groups should be moved to other rooms.

If the rooms are simply a friendly place for people in those age groups to talk amongst themselves on topics that interest them, please leave the threads alone.

Thank you for your consideration.

--hide--
The age-specific rooms aren't restricted to people within that age group. Others are able to post in them. It's true that some topics are of general interest to all, but people begin them in within an age-range room. While those rooms tend to gather people within that age group, they are not off limits to others.

Apr 22 new

Ray is exactly right. The over & under 45 rooms are for topics that generally relate to those in each perspective age group, however, in many cases others enjoy sharing their experiences as well.

In each of the forums, if you click on the text that says, "This room is under the patronage of", additional text will appear, including a description of the types of topics that belong in the room. When choosing the best place for a forum topic, the text that appears in the room's description is the deciding factor.

Apr 23 new

Hm, ok, thanks, Ray & Debbie. Good to know, though it's still confusing to have threads being moved a lot. Guess I'll make sure I'm educated so I don't post anything so it gets moved.

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: The age-specific rooms aren't restricted to people within that age group. Others are able to post in them. It...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

The age-specific rooms aren't restricted to people within that age group. Others are able to post in them. It's true that some topics are of general interest to all, but people begin them in within an age-range room. While those rooms tend to gather people within that age group, they are not off limits to others.

--hide--

Thanks, Ray. I did not know that...
Posts 1 - 6 of 6