Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Apr 21 new
Thanks. I appreciate the answers and I'm satisfied with them, although many are assuming the wrong motivation for my question lol.
Apr 23 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Mike believe it or not is it not just about the money. If it were we would have...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Mike believe it or not is it not just about the money. If it were we would have done that already. It is also about engagement in the website. I realize you may not agree with what I am saying but we have looked at this issue from many angles over the years and the reality is that our current model does maximize users getting involved, becoming subscribers and engaging with other users. We have to view things from the least common denominater. This is as much a psychological issues in what causes people to "act" as it is purely finacial. That being said we have some ideas on a hybrid system that would provide a few more opportunities like you want without fundamentally alterning a model we believe works well. It is on our list of things to address but right now there are higher priorities.

--hide--

It's refreshing to hear it is not only about the money. Frankly, we don't hear that often in our world today. I am trusting enough to accept your viewpoint, without hearing a full explanation of it. What I mean is, I'll trust that CM has done their homework with this issue. While I am curious as to how people "acting" is measured . . . and I'm curious how your model stacks up against other dating sites . . . I don't ask you to go in to any further explanation. I'm happy enough with the CM model to know it will eventually work for me. Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Brian.

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Would it make you feel better to know that they read your message and don't write...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Would it make you feel better to know that they read your message and don't write back because they aren't interested? I look at it from the point of view that if I send a message I assume they are not paid, or they aren't interested..That way I'm not disappointed if there is no reply.. If there is a reply then I am very pleasantly surprized and can move forward from there.. You should always assume that you will get a reply from maybe 1 out of 10 messages you send out. (That's about average across the board I think.)

--hide--
Donna,

is there any way to know whether your message has been read or whether it is sitting in limbo. I bring this up as a suggestion as a matter of respect to the sender and if it is read and not responded to tells the sender "Not Interested" Peoples emotions and self worth are usually damaged by the experience of marriage breakup and the chasing of an annulment. This addition to the system, I think would ease a lot of fingernail chewing and gut churning. Now isn't that a delicate description! Not! What do you think about the idea. I think it could be a strong marketing point as I don't think any Online Dating Services care that much. Being a Catholic site it would be a good example to other sites.

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Donna, is there any way to know whether your message has been read or whether it is sitting ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Donna,

is there any way to know whether your message has been read or whether it is sitting in limbo. I bring this up as a suggestion as a matter of respect to the sender and if it is read and not responded to tells the sender "Not Interested" Peoples emotions and self worth are usually damaged by the experience of marriage breakup and the chasing of an annulment. This addition to the system, I think would ease a lot of fingernail chewing and gut churning. Now isn't that a delicate description! Not! What do you think about the idea. I think it could be a strong marketing point as I don't think any Online Dating Services care that much. Being a Catholic site it would be a good example to other sites.

--hide--

We used to be able to tell if the recipient read the message (open envelope symbol) But some people couldn't control themselves and would send the recipient a nasty note such as, "I know you read my email, so why aren't you writing me back you idiot?" It became a matter of privacy for the recipient.

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: We used to be able to tell if the recipient read the message (open envelope symbol) B...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

We used to be able to tell if the recipient read the message (open envelope symbol) But some people couldn't control themselves and would send the recipient a nasty note such as, "I know you read my email, so why aren't you writing me back you idiot?" It became a matter of privacy for the recipient.

--hide--

How sad,

maybe a punitive response to that kind of behaviour would solve the problem. Someone who would behave like that is better exposed and any prospective partner would be better off dating a White Pointer Shark..I maintain they wouldn't last long . I hate it when some clown ruins it for everyone else. A simple public stoning might work also! lol

Posts 21 - 25 of 25