Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Catholic Familyland

Apr 16th 2013 new

I am taking my children to Catholic Familyland this summer for one of their family fests and I'm wondering if anyone else is doing the same. I will be attending the second family fest. I already know of some people from CM that may be attending the fourth fest.

Its a great time for parents and children. If you are attending one of the fests, please respond to this post. It would be nice to connect with other single parents there.

This link has the details.

www.familyland.org

Sincerely,

Bob

Apr 16th 2013 new

This sounds like a total BLAST!!!
Wish I'd heard of it years ago when my kids were younger.
Hope you have a great time.

Apr 16th 2013 new

There is a local family I know that goes there quite often.. They love it.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Wow, never heard of this. (I'm in CA) But every year my family in MN gets together for reunion - 16 grandkids all together among three families. This would be awesome. Thanks for the tip and have a great time!

Apr 17th 2013 new

I checked the website. This is really great. I wish we had something like this in Australia.

Hope you and your children have a great time

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: I checked the website. This is really great. I wish we had something like this in Australia.
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

I checked the website. This is really great. I wish we had something like this in Australia.

Hope you and your children have a great time

--hide--

Yes, wish we had one here too!!! Enjoy! biggrin

Apr 17th 2013 new

We're trying to get in on the 3rd week (2nd week was our first choice, but all the cabins are already full)... It will be my sister & her 6 kids, my parents & I. This would be our first time attending, but it looks like an awesome week of Catholic fun!

Apr 24th 2013 new

Yes Bob!! I have been going with my kids since 2002. We love it!! My daughter was a Service Corp volunteer in 2010 and my 17 yr old son will be in Service Corp this summer, so you are bound to meet him. His name is Albert. My daughter is off at college in Wyoming so she won't be joining us this year (she is staying in Wy for summer job) We usually go to the 4th fest, but this year we are going to the 5th Fest. One year we went to the 2nd fest for Fr. Clem's ordination by Cardinal Arinze. He made a huge impression on them when they were young.

I have to say that CFL (Catholic Familyland) has been a saving Grace for my kids faith throughout all these years. It was the only positive Catholic witness they saw to get them through many bad experiences of not-so-Christian Catholics and faith practices. When my daughter was 12 (she had been going there since she was 9) she hit the nail on the head when she was describing her Catholic School:

"Mom, they might have mass everyday and confessions, but the faith in this place is dead. Its not like CFL. There our faith is..is..Alive!"

You and your family are going to love it. Please keep in touch and let me know how its going for you. I have brought many families througout the years, and they finally understood why I was always enthusiastic about it ..

Helena wave

Apr 24th 2013 new

By the way, who else here do you know that goes to CFL?

Apr 25th 2013 new

Thank you for all of the positive responses. If any of you know others in CM that go to CFL please ask them to consider posting a note here.

Helena, I don't know many from Georgia that go every year. We're good friends with the Fiorentinos and I think they are going to the fourth fest this year.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11