Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Still a 'touch' of winter here, but I'm in Phoenix mode already. The Oilers have been eliminated from reaching the playoffs, so I think its time to go on course(golf!)

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Forecast is for 95 degrees today.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Question for the locals. What time do you think those attending the baseball game on Thursday evening will need to leave to arrive at the ballpark at around 6? Looking for thoughts both if we rode the lightrail from the stop nearest the hotel and if we drive.

I appreciate any input you can offer.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

raillife.com

I don't see anything convenient from the hotel, Dan, using the Lightrail.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Thanks Lina,

I appreciate your reply. I guess we'll decide on Thursday afternoon once the group arrives at the hotel.

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherry-939230 said: I kind of lost track of the possibilities of what we can do on Friday, for those arriving Thursd...
(Quote) Sherry-939230 said:

I kind of lost track of the possibilities of what we can do on Friday, for those arriving Thursday. Any plans to meet in the lobby and do whatever? Starting with breakfast... I'm hoping I will recognize at least some of you from your pictures!

--hide--

We can either drive to Yarnell (St. Joseph's shrine) or find a nice local hiking spot. Both will require an early rise on Friday morning so we can join the group for dinner in Cave Creek in the evening. I realize most of you are coming from cold/snow so you might be in for a "climate" shock as it was over 90 degrees today and is supposed to be 95 by the weekend. This is warm weather to be hiking in so you need to come prepared with a hat, sunscreen, comfortable SHOES (no sandals, cactus/rattlesnakes), and plenty of water. The hiking is not strenuous and we might even find some water (like gold in the desert).

Apr 24th 2013 new
I'm heading out in a couple of hours... can't wait to start the fun tonight!
Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: We can either drive to Yarnell (St. Joseph's shrine) or find a nice local hiking ...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

We can either drive to Yarnell (St. Joseph's shrine) or find a nice local hiking spot. Both will require an early rise on Friday morning so we can join the group for dinner in Cave Creek in the evening. I realize most of you are coming from cold/snow so you might be in for a "climate" shock as it was over 90 degrees today and is supposed to be 95 by the weekend. This is warm weather to be hiking in so you need to come prepared with a hat, sunscreen, comfortable SHOES (no sandals, cactus/rattlesnakes), and plenty of water. The hiking is not strenuous and we might even find some water (like gold in the desert).

--hide--

Thanks, Joan. I'm wondering how we will coordinate leave time Friday morning, I'd love to hike/walk/explore. I guess I'll just head to breakfast about 7 and see what's up! scratchchin

Apr 24th 2013 new

You get a Gold Star! I'll be at breakfast on Thursday am. Wonderful weather here in Scottsdale...nary a snowflake in sight!

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: I'll be at breakfast on Thursday am. Wonderful weather here in Scottsdale...nary a snow...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

I'll be at breakfast on Thursday am. Wonderful weather here in Scottsdale...nary a snowflake in sight!

--hide--

We're supposed to get another inch or two tonight penguin

Posts 331 - 340 of 453