Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

04/24/2013 new

Sorry CM won't allow to post the entire link. But I'll post part of the story here so you can google it.

The men, Egyptian Copts working in Benghazi, were seized by an Islamist militia but handed over to the government. One, named as Ezzat Atallah, 44, died at the weekend after being "tortured", his brother, Effat, told The Daily Telegraph.

The authorities have condemned an attack on the community's priest, but in a sign of their powerlessness in the face of sectarian violence, have taken no further action. After the death of Mr Atallah, four men remain in custody out of 60 detained, while 35 of the rest have been deported for illegal immigration.

04/24/2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Terrible story. www.telegraph.co.uk.
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Terrible story.

www.telegraph.co.uk

--hide--

Keith:

Benghazi is still in the news. This is very disturbing that Christians are being singled out and tortured.

We in America have to appreciate that the US is giving us the ability to practice our faith.

I know that in Northern Africa, Jews have been driven out years ago. Now the Christians are being selected.

That area will become a Muslim stronghold in the not too near future.

Thank you for the post.

04/24/2013 new

Good thing Moammar's gone...oops

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Keith: Benghazi is still in the news. This is very disturbing that Christians...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Keith:

Benghazi is still in the news. This is very disturbing that Christians are being singled out and tortured.

We in America have to appreciate that the US is giving us the ability to practice our faith.

I know that in Northern Africa, Jews have been driven out years ago. Now the Christians are being selected.

That area will become a Muslim stronghold in the not too near future.

Thank you for the post.

--hide--
Remember when everyone was cheering the "Arab Spring?" Gotta be careful what we wish for.

Apr 26 new

So much persecution of Christians is going on everywhere. Recently, I don't know if you heard, but two bishops were kidnapped and their driver was slain.

Apr 27 new

Something you won't hear in the mainstream media, Christians are actually the most persecuted group on the planet. Not kidding.

And I'm not meaning about how American Christians get offended that they can't have a navity scene displayed on public land. I'm talking about the torture, imprisonment and murders of Christians in countries from Africa to China.

China is particuarly bad.

Libya? Its really not anything new; and its not going to be the last act of persecution against Christians.

Apr 29 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: So much persecution of Christians is going on everywhere. Recently, I don't know if you hear...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

So much persecution of Christians is going on everywhere. Recently, I don't know if you heard, but two bishops were kidnapped and their driver was slain.

--hide--

I read that Cheryl. They were two Eastern Orthodox priests and they shot the driver. Terrible.

Neither the left or Muslims are too crazy about us.

The left doesn't know what to do with radical Islam.

Apr 29 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Neither the left or Muslims are too crazy about us.
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Neither the left or Muslims are too crazy about us.

--hide--

They are the Enemy's twin engines of destruction.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9