Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

wave The Cincy part of the Indy CM Crew is going to host a gathering of CMmers for the Greater Cincinnati's Annual Cross the Bridge for Life walk. Hundreds of prolifers will gather Sunday June 2 in Newport, KY at the World Peace Bell to walk across the Purple People Bridge (yes, that is it's name!) in prayerful support of all life. Praying

We'd like to invite all of you to join us in this fun day! We will gather at The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington, KY for 10:00 am Mass with Bishop Foys. After Mass we will grab a quick bite to eat, and then join everyone at the Peace Bell for the festivities, which begin at 1:30. There will be prayer, guest speakers, music and song, and free t-shirts. Get there early! Parking and t-shirts become scarce quickly!

The walk begins at 3:00. It's not long or difficult, but it is highly public as we traverse the Ohio River, cross into Cincinnati and come back. We will be done well before 4:00. Cincinnati JTM hamburgers are being served afterwards free to all walkers.

After the event is over our group will mostly like enjoy a famous Graeters' Icecream at a nearby parlor. Then we will decide what we do from there. Perhaps we will just kick back at a local park, take in some sites at Newport along the Levee or see a movie. It all depends on the mood, weather, and what crops up.

If anyone wants to come from out of town and make a weekend of it, let me know. We can make that happen. There are reasonably priced hotels very near me, and I will be glad to play hostess and show you around town. Perhaps Saturday would be a good day to take in the Cincinnati Zoo. scratchchin (The Reds are out of town-- darn!)

Check out the official web page for the walk. I do hope you will join me and some of the Indy CM Crew for this fun and uplifting day! Don't hesitate to ask questions. An event page will be up soon in the "Events" section.

http://www.crossthebridgeforlife.com
Apr 24 new

Thanks for posting this... I think I will definitely try to make it! You get a Gold Star!

Apr 24 new

Hi Dawn, Thanks for posting this. I will try to make it. Do we need to register?

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Amy-893858 said: Thanks for posting this... I think I will definitely try to make it!
(Quote) Amy-893858 said:

Thanks for posting this... I think I will definitely try to make it!

--hide--

Hi, Amy! It's good to make your acquaintance. We would love to meet you, and celebrate life with you. Plus, you never know who you may meet. Keep an eye on this thread; I'll post when I have the event page up.
Apr 24 new
(Quote) Sue-935039 said: Hi Dawn, Thanks for posting this. I will try to make it. Do we need to register?
(Quote) Sue-935039 said:

Hi Dawn, Thanks for posting this. I will try to make it. Do we need to register?

--hide--

Hi, Sue! I was hoping this would reach others in Ohio like yourself. There is no need to register for the walk through the link I gave. But when I get the events page up, you'll need to sign up there and share your travel plans with us, so we know to look for you. It's going to be a great day!
Apr 24 new

Thanks Dawn, I'll look forward to seeing more details!

Apr 24 new

Sounds awesome! I'm in! wave

Personally, I'd vote no for the zoo, but I love the idea of something outside...

Apr 24 new

wave Hi Dawn! Thanks so much for posting this! I've heard about the walk but have never done it! Would love to come...will confirm as the date gets near. biggrin

Apr 25 new

The event now appears on the event's page: CM Kentucky & Cincinnati - Cross the Bridge For Life

Apr 25 new
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Sounds awesome! I'm in! Personally, I'd vote no for the zoo, but I love the idea of some...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Sounds awesome! I'm in!

Personally, I'd vote no for the zoo, but I love the idea of something outside...

--hide--

Yeah!!! Lucy is in!! Y'all are going to love Lucy. hug Lucy, are you thinking that there are enough crazy animals in our group that there is no need to see them on the other side of the zoo bars? laughing There is plenty to do in our area at this time of the year, so anyone who is coming for the weekend will not be bored!
Posts 1 - 10 of 50