Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello all, so I recently met this girl who ended a relationship a couple weeks after we met. I always respect women who have ended a dating cycle with time to gather thoughts. However our first interaction upon meeting was wonderful. She seems full of life and her personality drew my attention. We ended up talking about music and she aske me to take we dancing salsa sometime. A txted her once ad she didn't reply, not knowing that the same day she ended her relationship. A week later she helped me out in an event as my assistant and our humor and friendship grew. That night we all went out and we all danced and had fun, the next day I called her to have lunch. Lunch went amazing and full of humor! We convoed over many things regarding the event and I used my humor to get to know her. We both left smiling but it was just a friendly lunch. She doesn't have hardly a good catholic background which is a bummer, But For some reason she kept me thinking for the whole next week about her. I feel like there is alot of potential there but mentioning anything about relationship soo soon and after her break up just didn't fit, which is a no no for me. I barely know her YET. This past week I saw her and just mentioned if she wanted to go dancing again. Her reply wasn't concrete and and I felt like maybe she didn't want to go at all. Maybe i just overthought it and letting the Holy Spirit guide me is best. Summer is also coming up so I won't see her on campus much anymore. I am a very patient person but the possibility of me not even getting to no her scare me. Ladies and gentlemen any advise? I dislike texting much but maybe I should wait to see if she puts her part in getting to know me? We will both be in the area this summer.
Apr 24 new
Awww. I'm sorry. Girls are very complicated and mysterious. Maybe she was frightened at how smoothly the relationship was going? No one knows what is going on inside her mind. Maybe she is rethinking that she is not ready, that she's not worthy of you, that she's holding out for someone else? Though girls really like men to show interest by pursuing them, it can be daunting/intimidating. I don't know, but for every heart ache the is a cure: snuggle close to the heart of Jesus which is full of mercy. He promises to fill it with peace. Works every time for me. God bless.
Apr 24 new

Thank you so much Colleen, I guess the reason it was in my mind was the chemistry there. It is only a start, but pursuing here does daunt me a bit knowing her situation. I want to be careful but not anxious about the situation. My heart just sometimes tells me to go and I go but Yes the best I can do is ask jesus what the reason is behind this. Im glad to hear that it works for you! Maybe a learning experience or something worth waiting to develope.

Apr 24 new

Sounds to me like you gave it your best shot.

Her: probably just coming to realize that she's not healed from the breakup. If she's a student, she's probably facing exams pretty soon, too.

You: letting your emotions get in front of your brain. She's nice, you had fun, that's great. But unless and until she demonstrates real interest in you, keep your heart in storage.

Apr 24 new

Thank you Marge, we do have finals coming up these last few weeks and thats most important. As a gentleman I like to keep it simple. And yes it is her turn, that is if anything blossoms.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Sergio-447625 said: Hello all, so I recently met this girl who ended a relationship a couple weeks after we met. I always r...
(Quote) Sergio-447625 said: Hello all, so I recently met this girl who ended a relationship a couple weeks after we met. I always respect women who have ended a dating cycle with time to gather thoughts. However our first interaction upon meeting was wonderful. She seems full of life and her personality drew my attention. We ended up talking about music and she aske me to take we dancing salsa sometime. A txted her once ad she didn't reply, not knowing that the same day she ended her relationship. A week later she helped me out in an event as my assistant and our humor and friendship grew. That night we all went out and we all danced and had fun, the next day I called her to have lunch. Lunch went amazing and full of humor! We convoed over many things regarding the event and I used my humor to get to know her. We both left smiling but it was just a friendly lunch. She doesn't have hardly a good catholic background which is a bummer, But For some reason she kept me thinking for the whole next week about her. I feel like there is alot of potential there but mentioning anything about relationship soo soon and after her break up just didn't fit, which is a no no for me. I barely know her YET. This past week I saw her and just mentioned if she wanted to go dancing again. Her reply wasn't concrete and and I felt like maybe she didn't want to go at all. Maybe i just overthought it and letting the Holy Spirit guide me is best. Summer is also coming up so I won't see her on campus much anymore. I am a very patient person but the possibility of me not even getting to no her scare me. Ladies and gentlemen any advise? I dislike texting much but maybe I should wait to see if she puts her part in getting to know me? We will both be in the area this summer.
--hide--
Bro ok you went dancing! Great; I think (my opinion) ya might be movin a tad to fast; she just ended a relationship; i tmight be a tad to fast for her; i wouldn't text her maybe call her and (just) say its (me) Just checkin in on ya; Then see if she calls back; if not maybe text her; But (slow) down a bit; If ya don't see her at all this summer; wish her a nice summer; cya in the fall! But slow down after this lady just ended a relationship; ( hate to say this bro) Don't smother her; give her time & space; (one day at a time) Your Young Bro! Iwish ya Luck!! Mike "Peace"!!

Apr 24 new

Finals and last minute papers etc will keep both of you busy or it should lol. Ask if she wants to grab a soda or pizza or something when finals finish. Don't push too hard and remember you really don't want to be the rebound guy. It might take some pressure off if you do a group thing and its not just a one on one. Its hard when you feel like you are really connecting with someone but take a deep breath keep your school priorities in the fore and just enjoy the moments you do get together.

Apr 24 new

Thank you mike! I havent been communicating alot with her, just a few txts here and there. I just basically wanted to capitalize on meeting her. She does seem like she wants to party a bit but thanks especially for the summer advice.

Apr 24 new

If you can, don't go into the relationship at breakneck speed. Be a little circumspect. You should try to find the answers to those questions first. Why did she break up? If the man broke up with her, why? Would you break up with a woman for the same reason(s)? Yes, you hit it off, but are the fundamentals sound, in other words, does she have anything in her character that would make you run away, things that are absolutely a no-no for you?
You need to be able to answer those questions quickly before you become totally blinded by love. Once you become blinded, it is too late, you get carried away. Years later into the relationship, if the fundamentals were sound, it is always a dream come true. If you were polar opposites, it slowly becomes a nightmare from which you eventually come out, broken-hearted and miserable.

Apr 25 new
Jacquese, thank you for your wisdom. I will meditate on your words and I really appreciate it!
Posts 1 - 10 of 15