Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving ...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving solutions.

--hide--
That's because most men are goal oriented and view helpfulness as being able to fix something. It's not that we don't want to listen, it's that we want to be useful, and accomplish something! I do understand though because some of my guy friends are clueless and if they don't have the solution (eeks in some cases it's unsolvable) they bury their heads in the sand.
Apr 24 new

hugFrancine!

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: I hear you, dude. I work half an hour away from home and sometimes work overtime. Solutio...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

I hear you, dude. I work half an hour away from home and sometimes work overtime. Solution: have a clean laundry hamper and a dirty laundry hamper. Hang the shirts. Fold the underwear/socks. Leave the rest in the clean hamper.

Or just leave it ALL in the clean hamper.

--hide--
half an hour is good....most my income goes to gas these days....anyway, back to topic....

I don't wish I was married to share the chores, but for a best friend to talk to.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Yes. I wish I was married I miss someone waking me up 3 o'clock in the morning just to say she...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

Yes. I wish I was married I miss someone waking me up 3 o'clock in the morning just to say she loves me
--hide--

Seriously, Jim....3 in the morning?

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.Anything else, guys?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.

Anything else, guys?

--hide--
So, we are hoping our hubbies will be good partners in these things too since they've had all the sigle life training! Anyway, I wish I were married to have someone to "play" wiith....to go on vacations with.
Apr 25 new

a decent man to go hiking with on my campus to the reservoir and enjoy a classic British novel at the bench swing/or just a nice conversation.

Apr 25 new

I'm sure I posted this prayer a while back but it seems appropriate for this particular topic. Praying

Archangel Raphael, who stands before the throne of God, always ready to present our petitions, be my recourse as I come to you with this holy intention and desire for marriage. I come to you because of your faithful service to Tobias as he pursued a wife that would be holy and suitable as his life partner. I ask you to be my guide in finding the best person to travel along with me on this life's journey. Help me find someone who will share my faith and hopes, a love who will claim all the affection of my heart. Find for me a partner who will welcome children into our life with open arms and one who will join with me in serving our Creator all the days of our life. Amen theheart

Apr 25 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Susan, these are perfect additions to all the other suggestions! I especi...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Susan, these are perfect additions to all the other suggestions!

I especially like the last one about being judged. When we can't share our truest feelings, needs & problems with someone that denotes a lack of intimacy & signals the downfall of a relationship. To actually experience non-judmental listening, well...that's when love is truly expressed.

Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving solutions. All we women need is to vent sometimes, know that someone is empathizing with us, will give us a warm hug when we need it, the assurance that it will work out (without condensation), showing confidence that we have the knowledge, experience and/or power to persevere all the while letting us know that we can rely on them for whatever help we need.

--hide--

Ladies, you expressed how I feel perfectly!

Saludos,

Myriam

Apr 25 new
Because I can't wait to make a warm and comfortable home for my family. There's gonna be so much love! Yeah, life is so awesome to take one day at a time and breathe. Slow down and appreciate what you have. <3
Apr 25 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.Anything else, guys?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.

Anything else, guys?

--hide--
Going to Church by yourself sucks. This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200