Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: That is why I believe it is important to find a spouse who is centered on God. When our eyes ar...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

That is why I believe it is important to find a spouse who is centered on God. When our eyes are focussed on God and doing his will we move towards God. If two people are moving towards their God, how can they not be together happy ever after? That is why the Bible talks of not being yoked to an unbeliever. One can still be a Catholic yet they may not be focussed on the teaching of the church or in doing God' s will. I am surprised to see so many answering "NO" to to the questions surrounding our faith. There will be times when it is difficult but love is a commitment and a decision and God gives us the grace to remain in love if we pray for it and for each other.

--hide--

Pauline, these is a very powerful statement & thank you for saying it!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: This is why God gives us second and sometimes third chances at marriage - He can see how bad the ...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

This is why God gives us second and sometimes third chances at marriage - He can see how bad the marriage was. I believe marriage is a wonderful gift from God's big

God does heal our broken hearts and homes.

Marriage is sacrifice- it is not self seeking. It is not rude. It is compromising, loving , helping each other be their best version of themselves.

God knows my heart is healed and I am ready for my second chance. Thank You Jesus

--hide--

Beautiful way of saying this, Nancy, Thanks!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: There you've made a good distinction: LOVE can last forever."Happily Ever After&...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

There you've made a good distinction: LOVE can last forever.

"Happily Ever After"? Well, it comes and goes. Illness, money trouble, in-law trouble, job loss, bratty kids...it's a roller coaster.

But -- if you can regularly MAKE TIME for the TWO of you, so that these other things can't make you forget why you love each other...it works.

--hide--

Thanks Marge for the distinction. Yes I meant love is a commitment and can last till death do us apart, however we may not in some aspects be "happily ever after". But in some aspects we may be. When my beloved husband was diagnosed with cancer it was tough and very painful, yet our love for each other was such, that in a way we were happy in each others company till the end. I cannot describe the feeling but there were days when we would just sit and hold hands - I knew he was in the last few days of his life, and although we were both sad, we were also in a way happy to just be together for whatever time we had together. heart

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said: It can happen. It happened to me. I married my best friend. We loved each other unconditional...
(Quote) Lilibeth-865123 said:

It can happen. It happened to me. I married my best friend. We loved each other unconditionally, accepted each other's faults and strove hard to make each other happy. We always talked through issues and problems. If we can't agree, we agreed to disagree. I was very secure in my love for him and his for me and I know that whatever problems we may be faced with, I will be okay because he will always be there to support me. And he was til his last breath.
--hide--

Thanks Lilibeth for sharing. It happened to me and my husband too and I felt loved till the very end.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Ohhhh, darlin' -- been there, and done that. I don't think I was ever so much in love as when he was in his last illness and both of us realized that none of the rest of the "stuff" mattered.
hug rose

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Amen, sista's

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Ohhhh, darlin' -- been there, and done that. I don't think I was ever so much in love as ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Ohhhh, darlin' -- been there, and done that. I don't think I was ever so much in love as when he was in his last illness and both of us realized that none of the rest of the "stuff" mattered.

--hide--

Yes, although we were always iin a loving relationship, it was only after he was terminally ill that we could see what really matters. That the rest of the stuff pales in significance. And that only love matters.

Mar 24th 2013 new

Happily ever after? I had that once and I believe that it will happen again. Yes, every marriage has it's ups and downs, but you know what still tickles me to this day? Phil and I eloped after 4 months of dating and 23 years later he still called me his bride. We would walk into a restuarant with five children in tow and Phil would ask for the most romantic table in the place. Imagine the looks we got. When I find someone who looks at me like that again, makes me laugh, and who has a heart blazing with faith, I will have my chapter two. You see, it isn't always easy to be married, but faith cements people in a manner that is like super glue. I know it because I lived it until Phil took his dying breath.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

Here's an interesting story that will hopefully inspire everyone....

A man and woman had been married for more than 63 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little Old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had Cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but One day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said it will take time to heal.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was In the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls And a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents. 'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me that the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that If I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears.

Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness. 'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.' laughing

A Prayer....... Praying
Dear God, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods;
Because God, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death,
Because I don't have time to crochet.
hug

Apr 25th 2013 new

Make it a BMW M-5 instead of a Jag and I won't care what color it is. lovestruck!

Posts 41 - 50 of 59