Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

PRAYERS APPRECIATED

Apr 25th 2013 new

Please pray for a situation, I received a huge anesthesiology bill from an endoscope and colonoscopy from a year ago! Well it turns out the anesthesiologist wasn’t even in network and they are not paying him, I had no control as to who he was since I was given my appointment at my doctor’s office and the procedure was done by her in her office, she’s in NETWORK…now I’m saddled with an 8k bill I can’t afford to pay…I called my carrier and they attempted to do something online but my only other alternative was to appeal it which I sent them paperwork to get done. Go figure, had I known he wasn’t covered, I wouldn’t have had it done or would have gone elsewhere, their mess up and I’m left paying the piper…Thank you all.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Please pray for a situation, I receive...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Please pray for a situation, I received a huge anesthesiology bill from an endoscope and colonoscopy from a year ago! Well it turns out the anesthesiologist wasn’t even in network and they are not paying him, I had no control as to who he was since I was given my appointment at my doctor’s office and the procedure was done by her in her office, she’s in NETWORK…now I’m saddled with an 8k bill I can’t afford to pay…I called my carrier and they attempted to do something online but my only other alternative was to appeal it which I sent them paperwork to get done. Go figure, had I known he wasn’t covered, I wouldn’t have had it done or would have gone elsewhere, their mess up and I’m left paying the piper…Thank you all.

--hide--
rosary Praying rosary

Apr 25th 2013 new
Don't get excited. Don't pay any portion of the bill. Give the billing clerk at tout doctor a call. Ask her what other patients have done when they discovered the anesthesiologist wasn't in their network. This must have happened before. Tell her to arrange for you to talk to that doctor's billing company. Discuss the situation with them. Let them know you can only pay a tiny portion of that bill each month and it will take years for you to be financially able to pay it off. Perhaps they will be willing to adjust the fee since you were not made aware of any insurance glitches prior to the procedure.
Apr 25th 2013 new

Talk with your carrier and ask for a manager and don't take no for an answer. Get the result in writing. Note the names, date and time of the conversation and how long it took. Unfortunately this happens, next time you have a test, find out if the reading doctor is in network. Find out ahead of time. When you go for the test, read the release and initial the areas where they give you the info about the reading doctor or don't have the procedure done until they can provide it. Praying rosary hug

Apr 25th 2013 new

Praying Bad deal, I have heard of this before and they drop the price a lot if you talk to them. good luck

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Please pray for a situation, I received a hu...

--hide--
Jacqueline,

That's so unfair! The practice of not informing a patient with medical insurance upfront that they are assigning an anesthesiologist who is not in network is unethical, deceptive, and lacks full disclosure imo. I wouldn't pay any portion of the bill (yet) until you get better advice/have a final agreement (in writing), because I think when you begin making payments it sets a legal precedent that you accept the balance they are demanding. If it were me I'd call the Attorney General's Office for NJ www.state.nj.us and the Dept. of Insurance for NJ www.state.nj.us to obtain guidance on filing a complaint/steps which provide better leverage toward a favorable resolution.

The bottom of this WSJ article provides helpful resource links: guides.wsj.com
Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Please pray for a situation, I receive...

--hide--

rosary Praying angel

Apr 25th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Apr 25th 2013 new

Praying Prayers.

Apr 25th 2013 new
Prayers Pray to Jesus to take care of thus for you.
Posts 1 - 10 of 39