Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." weeping (Cue the appropriate music. note)

I don't want to discuss that... the futility of the struggle to get out of it (I don't believe it is a futile effort), or that "Men always.... Women always...." etc. etc. etc.

Instead, I'd like to know how does one suggest to a friend the desire to turn it into a romance as well? What works?

Of course we could just ask the other party, right? But let's be realistic... that's not what we'd really like to do. First, we're scared of losing the good friendship. Second, do we really believe that the other will be inspired to think romantically about us if we say, "I've been thinking about our friendship lately, and I really think we ought to give dating a shot. What do you think?" rolling eyes

So, dear Sirs, how should a female friend, who would like to inspire you to think romantically about her, behave? What behaviors, attitudes, actions, and words might change your perception of her so that you would desire to pursue her in a romantic sense?

So, gentle Ladies, how might a male friend who has been entertaining romantic notions about you suggest to you that dating him might be a good idea? What ways could he woo you from seeing him as a denizen of The Friend Zone and more of a romantic hero?
Apr 25 new

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Been there, done that.

I asked him to take me to McDonald's, and when he took me home I kissed him.

It was all lovestruck! lovestruck! heart from then on.

laughing :lol: :lol:

Apr 25 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Been there, done that.I asked him to take me to McDonald's, and when he took me home ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Been there, done that.

I asked him to take me to McDonald's, and when he took me home I kissed him.

It was all from then on.

--hide--

highfivehighfive I think if a lady kisses a man that's a pretty clear green light, gentlemen! You can be assured she'd like to find romance with you.
Apr 25 new

I know a lady who asked the guy where he thought their friendship was headed and what his intentions were. That got it moving.

Apr 25 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropriate mu...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropriate music. )

I don't want to discuss that... the futility of the struggle to get out of it (I don't believe it is a futile effort), or that "Men always.... Women always...." etc. etc. etc.

Instead, I'd like to know how does one suggest to a friend the desire to turn it into a romance as well? What works?

Of course we could just ask the other party, right? But let's be realistic... that's not what we'd really like to do. First, we're scared of losing the good friendship. Second, do we really believe that the other will be inspired to think romantically about us if we say, "I've been thinking about our friendship lately, and I really think we ought to give dating a shot. What do you think?"

So, dear Sirs, how should a female friend, who would like to inspire you to think romantically about her, behave? What behaviors, attitudes, actions, and words might change your perception of her so that you would desire to pursue her in a romantic sense?

So, gentle Ladies, how might a male friend who has been entertaining romantic notions about you suggest to you that dating him might be a good idea? What ways could he woo you from seeing him as a denizen of The Friend Zone and more of a romantic hero?
--hide--

I think there is a special smile that guys use for women they want to have a relationship with. If I see that smile, it gives me "permission" to re-think our "friendship."
Apr 26 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropr...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropriate music. )

Of course we could just ask the other party, right? But let's be realistic... that's not what we'd really like to do. First, we're scared of losing the good friendship. Second, do we really believe that the other will be inspired to think romantically about us if we say, "I've been thinking about our friendship lately, and I really think we ought to give dating a shot. What do you think?"

--hide--
Dawn, I think it CAN depend on the length of time you are friends. For example: With regard to my male friendships; specifically my best friend. When I met him 31 years ago....I didn't particularly like him....thought him to be somewhat cocky. Still there was something I liked about him...and thought..."You know he hasn't offended me...and seems nice enough, so maybe I should give the friendship a shot" Well I did, and found there was something I always liked about him. (I found out he has a HUGE heart..and that has never changed) So at first I just didn't KNOW him. So the friendship has evolved and refined to the point today....we are like brothers. (he even named his oldest son after me!) So I think it can take time....to get to KNOW someone, laugh with them, joke, and even DO for them. So the more you get to know that person....the more "seamless" the transition. (you will both KNOW when the timing is right) Make ANY sense? Or should I just say...."Hey each time you go out just sit a leeetle closer"? jk!laughing Thanks for "Knighting" me awhile ago. There are lots of men in here who deserve it....and from what I've seen from the young to the old like me!

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropr...

--hide--

I think Marge, Bob, and Joanna have all touched on some good points. You have to read him to see if he's showing friendship or appears interested in more. If he's not giving you any kind of a green light, then I'd say it's without question a friendship in his mind. I know I have female friends like that. If they made an effort at something more, I'd be flattered, but also would make it clear that we're friends with my actions. If he's showing interest, then it depends on the level, but coming from personal experience. I have a female friend who liked me when we met and I told her I wanted to be friends, but she felt my body language, way I talked, eyes, etc showed her I was interested in more than friendship. So, she started "pushing the boundaries", which means she started getting into my personal space. She'd lean towards me when we were standing by one another or if we were sitting, she'd sit really close to me so our shoulders were touching. She'd give me flirty looks and touch me, like poking me or just touching my arm. I must admit that it made me look at our friendship and question my intentions with her. Eventually, I started falling for her and we did end up dating, but it broke off, so it didn't work out, but if she wasn't as persistent as she was, I would say it would have never gone to dating. She ended up confronting me at one point and asked where things were going, because it seemed like more than a friendship to her and in all honesty it was. So, it might take some time, but use your femininity to your advantage. Like men are visual, so dress up, like my friend did, hard to ignore a woman who's dolled up and wearing nice clothes, that are modest, but still let you know she's a woman. Wear perfume as well, but don't over do it, men love a woman who smells good. Men like sex, so invade his personal space.......touch him......give him a "look" that says, I like you.........a lot. Be playful and flirty. Men like compliments so, laugh at his jokes and let him be himself and let him know it's OK and you like it. You appreciate he's silly and funny and maybe even a tad dorky. I'm telling you, all this worked with me and it can work for you, but it's like I say, he has to be open to it and he'll give signs if he is.

Apr 26 new

--hide--
Ok My two cents worth; To me it all depends how things are going; If its a Good (first) date; Good Vibes Good Chemistry; and its allllllllll Good; Again; I don't like to take it to fat with a Lady git to know her; (i say) Study Her "body Lanuage" abit; Joke with each other; and do maybe a little Pda's and some other kind of lets day kiss testing; just to see her reaction (on everything) She might give a hint to me to take it to the next level; seriously; i woman i dated ( years ago) did present that to me; I was nver asked that before; I was havin one of those shocked looks in my face; I just HUGGED HER / KISSED HER AND SAID Yeah ( thought ya never ask) I got a (nice) shot in the arm (punch from her) it just stung a bit; anyway yeah just don't rush into it right away!! (make sense)? Mike "Peace"!!

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Ok My two cents worth; To me it all depends how things are going; If its a Good (first) date; Good...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Ok My two cents worth; To me it all depends how things are going; If its a Good (first) date; Good Vibes Good Chemistry; and its allllllllll Good; Again; I don't like to take it to fat with a Lady git to know her; (i say) Study Her "body Lanuage" abit; Joke with each other; and do maybe a little Pda's and some other kind of lets day kiss testing; just to see her reaction (on everything) She might give a hint to me to take it to the next level; seriously; i woman i dated ( years ago) did present that to me; I was nver asked that before; I was havin one of those shocked looks in my face; I just HUGGED HER / KISSED HER AND SAID Yeah ( thought ya never ask) I got a (nice) shot in the arm (punch from her) it just stung a bit; anyway yeah just don't rush into it right away!! (make sense)? Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--
i meantto sayto fast up above (sorry)

Apr 26 new

What's this?

In all honesty, I've never had a romantic relationship begin without going first through the "friend zone". I normally meet someone through work or school and begin building relationship where I find out the important things: are you a man of faith, are you intimidated by intelligent women, etc. Then we hit the romantic ground walking, not stumbling and falling. Only thing is, the men usually didn't take the relationship seriously enough to pursue marriage (met many with non commitment ideals from the start). Sigh. O well, back to the start.

Men, maybe you could tell me how to get a man past his committment fears, or how to find one without them.

Thanks!

Posts 1 - 10 of 36