Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What does it take to get a man to notice your profile??? I've been on here for over a month and gotten nothing. What am I doing wrong??

Apr 25 new

1. Not doing anything wrong. This is how Catholic online "dating" works...for lack of a better word.

2. What do men want? Drinks, snacks, and don't block the TV. duck

Apr 25 new

Men are typically very visual so having pictures is important. Also posting in the forums helps increase your visibility and gives more information about who you are as an individual. This will sound odd, but don't take it personally if people look at your profile and don't contact you. I try to think of it as someone who is window shopping. If they want to find out more about me then they will ask. Don't be afraid to check out profiles and send messages. Sometimes men need you to open a window so they know you are interested. God has a plan and sometimes you have to be patient. May God lead you in your search. biggrin

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Kristine-450998 said: Men are typically very visual so having pictures is important. Also posting in the forums help...
(Quote) Kristine-450998 said:

Men are typically very visual so having pictures is important. Also posting in the forums helps increase your visibility and gives more information about who you are as an individual. This will sound odd, but don't take it personally if people look at your profile and don't contact you. I try to think of it as someone who is window shopping. If they want to find out more about me then they will ask. Don't be afraid to check out profiles and send messages. Sometimes men need you to open a window so they know you are interested. God has a plan and sometimes you have to be patient. May God lead you in your search.

--hide--

I think Kristine does a good job talking about what it takes to get men looking at your profile. Make it visual and show pictures of you doing different things. Get your profile out there, by blogging, being in the forum, taking the quiz. Then make sure you leave a note with guys you're interested in. Some of us sometimes need some encouragement. Trust me when I say, just b/c a woman looks at our profile, doesn't mean we assume she's interested, most will think she was interested but for whatever reason lost interest after reading the profile. The odds are high that they won't perceive it as "dropping a hankie". Let him know by leaving him a note and letting him know you're interested.

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. Not doing anything wrong. This is how Catholic online "dating" works...for lack of a...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

1. Not doing anything wrong. This is how Catholic online "dating" works...for lack of a better word.

2. What do men want? Drinks, snacks, and don't block the TV.

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing Very funny Marge very funny

Apr 26 new
First of all, I think your profile is quite great to start with. Funny pic with a beautiful smile, some humor and honesty in your profile... But let's see. It's difficult to say this, but I know from the forums that people here often search for a "7/7" partner (agreeing with all seven doctrinal themes of the Church). This means you won't turn up in a lot of profile searches. Your opinion is your opinion and your faith is your faith so it's not a good idea to just change it(though you might want to re-evaluate). Then, add some more pictures of you. In funny situations, but also of you. Don't be afraid to pose, you are a beautiful young woman no matter how you think about that yourself. What kind of pictures would you like to see if you would be looking for you, if you know what I mean: get into the mind of the kind of man you want to attract or who's likely to be attracted to you, and then think what he want to see from you. Same goes for your profile texts, expand some more about yourself. Tell about your faith. Maybe you could joke something like, "Would you like kids and dogs? Then I would like you" or something. But if you didn't have even any profile views yet, don't worry. Maybe you can be more active on the site like someone already suggested so your profile turns up more on overview pages. Maybe you could "search for yourself": go into the search tool, look for a woman (I think it's possible to change that, otherwise ask me and I'll do the check) and enter some 'properties' of yourself. Do you turn up, and where? Then you could go and change some of your details to better accommodate the search tool. Also, browse and visit some men's profiles. You can look into some, click profiles of those you like and drop an emoticon with those you really like. Compare it with a cafeteria without the awkwardness: you'd make eye contact with some, say "hi" to some (and here you don't need to be shy), or even get a quick chat with guys that really have something interesting to say. Good luck and God bless you on this adventure!
Apr 26 new
Oh yeah, "what do men really want?" Drinks, snacks, free line of sight to the TV, and a honest, funny and decent woman like you seem to be.
Apr 26 new
(Quote) Frank-901618 said: First of all, I think your profile is quite great to start with. Funny pic with a beautiful smile, some humor and ...
(Quote) Frank-901618 said: First of all, I think your profile is quite great to start with. Funny pic with a beautiful smile, some humor and honesty in your profile... But let's see.

It's difficult to say this, but I know from the forums that people here often search for a "7/7" partner (agreeing with all seven doctrinal themes of the Church). This means you won't turn up in a lot of profile searches. Your opinion is your opinion and your faith is your faith so it's not a good idea to just change it(though you might want to re-evaluate).

Then, add some more pictures of you. In funny situations, but also of you. Don't be afraid to pose, you are a beautiful young woman no matter how you think about that yourself. What kind of pictures would you like to see if you would be looking for you, if you know what I mean: get into the mind of the kind of man you want to attract or who's likely to be attracted to you, and then think what he want to see from you.

Same goes for your profile texts, expand some more about yourself. Tell about your faith. Maybe you could joke something like, "Would you like kids and dogs? Then I would like you" or something.

But if you didn't have even any profile views yet, don't worry. Maybe you can be more active on the site like someone already suggested so your profile turns up more on overview pages.

Maybe you could "search for yourself": go into the search tool, look for a woman (I think it's possible to change that, otherwise ask me and I'll do the check) and enter some 'properties' of yourself. Do you turn up, and where? Then you could go and change some of your details to better accommodate the search tool.

Also, browse and visit some men's profiles. You can look into some, click profiles of those you like and drop an emoticon with those you really like. Compare it with a cafeteria without the awkwardness: you'd make eye contact with some, say "hi" to some (and here you don't need to be shy), or even get a quick chat with guys that really have something interesting to say.

Good luck and God bless you on this adventure!
--hide--
Frank, this is really good advice for all of us. Thank you!
Apr 26 new
(Quote) Nicole-958786 said: What does it take to get a man to notice your profile??? I've been on here for over a month and gotten not...
(Quote) Nicole-958786 said:

What does it take to get a man to notice your profile??? I've been on here for over a month and gotten nothing. What am I doing wrong??

--hide--

13 years. :very happy: God's timing is part if the answer. Everyone that reads this is still breathing, thus still room to improve in perfection. Take the opportunity to learn.

Putting yourself on display ;ike this helps. In a crowd of 1 million people do you expect everyone to personally talk to you? There is a large crowd here. God helps those who help themselves.

rosary
Apr 26 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. Not doing anything wrong. This is how Catholic online "dating" works...for lack of a better word...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

2. What do men want? Drinks, snacks, and don't block the TV.

--hide--

Those are definitely the two things us men want. cool
Posts 1 - 10 of 94