Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

If you haven't seen this 33-minute film, please take some time to view it. the best idea I have heard when discussing abortion. But the shocker for me was the amount of people who have not been taught about WWII.

Enjoy the film and please feel free to comment: http://www.180movie.com

Apr 26 new

Its not just Americans. I saw a study out of the UK that said something like 70% of kids under 20 didn't know what Auschwitz is, what the Holocaust was, most couldn't tell you the main countries involved in WWII were.

The other day a girl I work with, she's only 20, didn't know who Stalin was, didn't really know who Hitler was either, just that he was a "Nazi" and that Nazis are racists. That was the extent of it.

Everytime I hear this, I think of that saying:

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Helena-961554 said: If you haven't seen this 33-minute film, please take some time to view it. the best idea I h...
(Quote) Helena-961554 said:

If you haven't seen this 33-minute film, please take some time to view it. the best idea I have heard when discussing abortion. But the shocker for me was the amount of people who have not been taught about WWII.

--hide--

Yes, Helena, that was a powerful movie. Thank you for sharing it on CM. How did you come about finding this
movie?

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Helena-961554 said: If you haven't seen this 33-minute film, please take some time to view it. the best idea I h...
(Quote) Helena-961554 said:

--hide--
Jay Leno had a segment of his show where he interviewed young people on the street. Most had no idea who their own President, Vice President or Secretary of State was. In this case I think these interviews should have been conducted indoors, in a distraction free invironment where their minds could be fully focused on the questions. Most of them looked distracted, probably thinking about posting something on social media. Still, an indictment of our educational system. We spend more per student in the US than any other country, and I believe we rank something like #14 in academic achievement (the American way of solving problems by throwing taxpayer's money at them). I've seen "honor students" who can't put a cohesive sentence together, with grammar and spelling skills well below their grade level. More importantly, these interviews illustrate what happens when children are raised in a me-first secular environment with no Christ centered moral compass to guide them.

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Jay Leno had a segment of his show where he interviewed young people on the street. Most had no i...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Jay Leno had a segment of his show where he interviewed young people on the street. Most had no idea who their own President, Vice President or Secretary of State was. In this case I think these interviews should have been conducted indoors, in a distraction free invironment where their minds could be fully focused on the questions. Most of them looked distracted, probably thinking about posting something on social media. Still, an indictment of our educational system. We spend more per student in the US than any other country, and I believe we rank something like #14 in academic achievement (the American way of solving problems by throwing taxpayer's money at them). I've seen "honor students" who can't put a cohesive sentence together, with grammar and spelling skills well below their grade level. More importantly, these interviews illustrate what happens when children are raised in a me-first secular environment with no Christ centered moral compass to guide them.

--hide--

One of the problems with all the money we spend on education is the fact that so much of it is spent on useless administrators rather thn in the classroom where it might do some good.

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of the problems with all the money we spend on education is the fact that so much of ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

One of the problems with all the money we spend on education is the fact that so much of it is spent on useless administrators rather thn in the classroom where it might do some good.

--hide--
You're spot on, Paul. Shows we actually can pay teachers more, but these administrators are well entrenched.

Apr 26 new

Marianne,

I am on a lot of pro-life watch lists. And on facebook I get a lot of news and updates. I also frequent life site news. So it was on one of these that I saw this. I do think that it is one of the best arguments to approach pro-choice people.
I am glad you enjoyed it. Now spread it. :)

wink Helena

Apr 27 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of the problems with all the money we spend on education is the fact that so much of ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--

Likewise in NZL. Our education and health care systems are sucking money out of the govt. coffers.

I'm still meeting 15 year olds who can't read and watching 70 year olds wait 8 days with a broken hip before getting their theatre. Its all really just giving some snobby uni grad an excuse to wear a suit and a tie and sit behind a big desk pushing papers all day.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8