Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Vicki-945851 said: I think it's important to tell the truth.... Maybe ask yourself how would Jesus or Mary say ...
(Quote) Vicki-945851 said:

I think it's important to tell the truth.... Maybe ask yourself how would Jesus or Mary say this to this person?

--hide--

Something tells me that Jesus or Mary would not be on Catholic Match....

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Yvona-915208 said: Something tells me that Jesus or Mary would not be on Catholic Match....
(Quote) Yvona-915208 said:

Something tells me that Jesus or Mary would not be on Catholic Match....

--hide--

Totally agree. Jesus and Mary were busy with other stuff... :-)

Apr 27th 2013 new

I agree with Angela. If we could rid the mind and emotions of as much illusion as possible in this online community, we'd end up being more real with each other, more spontaneous, and avoid running down some of the rabbit holes of expectation. :-))

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Christopher-546242 said: I have a good way to let people know that I really am not interested, but in such a way tha...
(Quote) Christopher-546242 said:

I have a good way to let people know that I really am not interested, but in such a way that they aren't offended. We are on a Catholic site after all... we should probably avoid hurting people unnecessarily. They did take the time to reach out to you.

So what you do is pick something about their profile that is not compatible with you. Choose something that they really cannot change, BESIDES THEIR LOOKS if that's the reason why.

#1. I'm sorry, but you are just too far away for us to have a chance together. Thanks though, I think your profile sounds great and you'll find the right person on here.

#2. I'm looking to marry someone with the same interest in sports as me, so unfortunately I don't think we're compatible.

#3. Thanks for sending the emote. I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me, but I am looking for someone interested in X, as I am.

You get the idea, mention something in their profile when you turn them down. That way you at least show that you took the time to do what they did for you. You never know who knows who on here, and one good deed might lead to another.

--hide--

I go for the cut and dry, "Thank you very much for taking the time to send me a message/emotigram, but I am not interested. Have a blessed day and good luck on your search!"

Why lie and waste that persons time leading them on? With that being said, I do feel many men have selective illiteracy when reading profiles, i.e. you blatantly state something on your profile and men completely ignore it and repeatedly message you. If a woman states a no-no in her profile & reiterates it to you in a message, we tend to think you are rather dense to put it nicely. two cents

Apr 28th 2013 new

Yvona-915208 said: Something tells me that Jesus or Mary would not be on Catholic Match....

Well said!

Apr 28th 2013 new

Re being told to "redo your age" ??? What a horrifying thought, to be told to be a liar !!! I would want to be one million miles away from whoever said that !!!

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) William-607613 said: Simply write, "Thank you very much for your thoughts." Anyone will immediately recogni...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Simply write, "Thank you very much for your thoughts." Anyone will immediately recognize that if you had any interest, you would write more.

1) You're responding to a note or emotigram, which is the decent thing to do, 2) it's honest (the less said, the better), and 3) it's a charitable way of getting a point across.

What you're suggesting is dishonest, even if it's only a little white lie. Why have someone start doing some soul-searching over their profile, when their profile had nothing to do with your lack of interest?

--hide--

I like it, William. I think that is a good way to state it.
Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Acting charitably is a two-way street.
(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Acting charitably is a two-way street.
--hide--
Very true, but we don't seem to see much Charity when it comes to responding, even if it IS only a "thanks but no thanks".

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: ....Richard Gere is not going to show up at your house dressed in a tuxedo in a Lambourghini to pick yo...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said: ....Richard Gere is not going to show up at your house dressed in a tuxedo in a Lambourghini to pick you up for a date
--hide--
But -- but -- I've already cleaned house and picked out my dress and -- weeping weeping weeping weeping

Apr 28th 2013 new

I think Christopher is just trying to find a kind way to respond without hurting feelings like he said. Rather than say he is not attracted to the person---he finds another reason that might be easier for her to take....

It's hard to know how to deal with people you do not want to date or meet.....Sometimes the person is definitely great, attractive, great quality---but there is a deal breaker (maybe too far away for you, or whatever.....and so the reason given really IS the major reason...) But what if you are just not interested?? You don't have to be friends or date everyone who asks.... It's hard to be the recipient of rejection, but who wants to date someone you don't want to date either??

It's a dilemma----do you ignore, or do you politely respond with a reason. Or give everyone a chance??

I know I am too old to be in this section---but I found the topic interesting--lol!

It's even harder to turn people down in person...... I am learning to just say no thanks I would rather just see you at the dances, etc.......(not that I am asked out that often----and I wish MORE would ask me out!! But sometimes I have had to say no.... Better than leading them on with yes (I used to do that occasionally rather than hurt feelings---mistake!)

Posts 21 - 30 of 58