In St Faustina's Diary she talks about how souls are either "Straw", "Iron" or "Pure Gold." The Pure Gold souls are those striving for perfection. Below is an Examine of Conscience for the Pure Gold Soul.
Note: CC stands for the Catolic Catechism.
1) Just prior to confession call to mind the Passion of Jesus (Diary 225), examine your conscious, pray for a good confession and pray fervently for the confessor (Diary 232). After confession rouse in your soul great gratitude to the Holy Trinity for this wonderful and inconceivable miracle of mercy that is wrought in my soul (Diary 225).
2) The Examination of Conscious for the “Pure Gold” Soul (Diary 112)
Ten Commandments Examine (Exodus 20:1)
Do you break any of these commandments:
You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God. (Do not worship beasts during the end times and do not receive the mark).
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house;
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.”
Jesus’ Commandments Examine
Do you love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength including conforming yourself to His will?
Do you believe that God is Love and Mercy itself and even if our sins be as scarlet He is willing to forgive us through the sacraments? (St. Faustina’s Diary 699)
Do you endure suffering, persecution, abuse and disgrace willingly? (Diary 1394)
Do you strive to conform yourself to this: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
Do you periodically go to adoration and/or spend some quiet time with the Lord? (Diary 147, 154, 213/118)
Do you love your neighbor as yourself?
Do you tithe and donate to charities that feed the poor, heal the sick and help victims? (Malachi 3:6) (See The Diary of St. Faustina Examine)
Do you spend time volunteering for the Church and the community especially while utilizing your God given gifts? (CC 1937)
Do you pray daily to bring to Jesus all mankind, especially all sinners, the Souls of Priests and Religious, all Devout and Faithful Souls, those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Jesus, the Souls of those who have separated themselves from the Church, the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children, the Souls who especially venerate and glorify Jesus’ Mercy, the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory and for lukewarm souls? (Novena to the Divine Mercy)
Do you like people? ()
Do people annoy you? ()
Are you a racist/bigot? ()
The Our Father Examine
Does my faith have room for others and their needs?
Do I demonstrate this relationship in my daily living?
Who art in Heaven
Are all my interests and pursuits only in Earthly things?
Hallowed be Thy Name
Do I have honor, glory and TRUST in you all the way?
Thy Kingdom come
Am I unwilling to have Your kingdom grow in my heart, at home, in my workplace, in my church, my country and all the world?
Thy will be done
Am I unwilling or resentful of having it done in my life?
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Am I truly willing to give myself to Your service here and now?
Give us our daily bread
Do I expend honest effort to work for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my family, friends and neighbors?
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
Do I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone or refuse to forgive them?
Lead us not into temptation
Do I deliberately choose to enter a situation where I am likely to be tempted?
Deliver us from evil
Am I prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of Your word and prayer?
The Diary of St. Faustina Examine
Do you believe in Heaven, Purgatory and Hell? (Diary 20, 36, 85, 153, 592, 594, 741, 777, 779-780, 1375, 1604)
Do you fret (it tends only to evil)? (Diary TBD)
Do you observe the time set time apart for prayer? (Diary 147)
Do you forsake human comforts (not every good thing)? (Diary 1443) (Wisdom 2:6) (See the Virtues Examine)
Do you take your medicine and at its full dose? (Diary 1381)
Do your mortifications draw blood? (Diary 28, TBD)
Are you obedient to the Church including all Priests and Religious, the Magisterium and do you know the Catechism? (Diary 28, 1448, TBD) (See the I Believe Examine)
Are you sincere to everyone? (Diary 1486, 1492)
Are you full of sensitiveness and discouragement (they are fruits of self-love)? (Diary 1488)
Do you avoid unnatural sexual acts and believe that Jesus can remove our sinful nature? (Diary TBD) (CC 2359)
Do you strive for meekness and practice humility and purity? (Diary TBD) (See the Virtues Examine)
Do you perform the following: The Spiritual Works of Mercy (CC 2447)
Admonish sinners, instructing, consoling, comforting, forgiving, bearing wrongs patiently and praying for the living and the dead
Do you perform the following: The Corporal Works of Mercy (CC 2447)
Feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and imprisoned and burying the dead
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Examine (As revealed by Our Lord to Sister Lucia May 29, 1930)
Do you believe in the Immaculate Conception?
Do you believe in the virginity of Our Lady?
Do you believe in the Divine maternity, refusing at the same time to accept her as the mother of men?
Do you publicly attempt to instill indifference, scorn and even hatred for this Immaculate Mother in the hearts of children?
Do you insult her directly in her statues.
The I Believe Examine (CC Section Two: The Profession of the Christian Faith)
Do you believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth?
Do you believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried?
Do you believe He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead?
Do you believe He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead?
Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting?
The Theology of the Body Examine
Are you prolife? (CC 2270)
Do you believe there is a male and female perspective and both need to be respected? ()
Do you believe marriage is supposed to be a mutual self-giving and there has to be reciprocity? (CC 1604)
Do you avoid "objectifying" people by degrading them as purely sexual objects or objects to make money?
Do you avoid extra-marital sexual sins? (See the Ten Commandments Examine)
Do you believe the human person is both BODY and SPIRIT (that is why there is a "resurrection of the body")? (CC TBD)
Do you believe thinking that the spirit is more important to God than the body or that the body is more important than the spirit is incorrect? (CC TBD)
Do you transform Eros by ethos (passion and purity) to create a more passionate love?
Do you avoid all forms of pornography (it is objectification of people and a false form of eroticism)? (CC 2354)
Do you dress moderately?
The Virtues Examine
Do you pray for the three virtues that are dearest to Jesus: humility, purity and love of God? (Diary 1415)
Do you pray for: The Theological Virtues (CC 1812)
Faith, Hope, Charity
Do you pray for: The Cardinal Virtues (CC 1805)
Prudence, Temperance, Justice, Fortitude
Do you pray for: The Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit (CC 1831)
Fear of the Lord, Piety, Fortitude, Knowledge, Understanding, Counsel and Wisdom
Do you commit: Works of the Flesh (CC 1852)
Fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.”
3) Consecrate yourself to Jesus (expect sacrifices and sufferings to be required) (Diary 136) by saying: “Not my will be done but Your will be done (Matthew 26:42). Jesus I am Yours (CC 1245). Do with me what You will (Diary 136). I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to You (Romans 12:1). Lord, do not allow me to frustrate Your benevolence in me (Diary 1486) or in others but be with me every moment of my life (Diary 136). Lord Jesus give me what I Spiritually need the most (Diary TBD). Give me the power and grace to battle in the spiritual realm with the weapons of Your word and prayer (Ephesians 6:13-20). Without You I can do nothing with You I can do anything (Diary 138, 154 John 15:4)”. Pray this daily.
4) Put a “Stamp of obedience” on every personal prayer of petition made to Jesus. (Diary TBD)
5) Receive Most Bless Sacrament the regularly. (Diary 1447)
6) Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and be obedient to the priest by following his instructions then Jesus will remove your sinfulness. (Diary 1448, 1725)
7) Fulfill the Heavenly Father’s will is by enduring suffering, persecution, abuse and disgrace willingly if it comes upon you without looking for it. (Diary 1394)
8) Ask Jesus to heal you and strengthen you (Diary 206) by replacing your weaknesses with His strengths (Diary TBD).
9) When one is conscious of sins beg Jesus for mercy: “Jesus if I EVER offend you I beg your mercy.” It glorifies Jesus. (Diary 1488)
10) Whenever you are thankful for something (something non-sinful), give thanks to Jesus: “Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus.” (Diary TBD) Remembering God is a Triune God and EVERYTHING (CC TBD) comes from Him (except sin). Especially thank Him for His dying for us on the cross, the Church, family and friends, priests and religious and what the bible calls blessings.