Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Becki-568712 said: Hi Dawn! Thanks so much for posting this! I've heard about the walk but have never done it! Would love to...
(Quote) Becki-568712 said:

Hi Dawn! Thanks so much for posting this! I've heard about the walk but have never done it! Would love to come...will confirm as the date gets near.

--hide--

Hi Becky!! We'd love to have you join us. Stay in touch. biggrin
Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: The event now appears on the event's page: CM Kentucky & Cincinnati - Cross the Bridge For Life
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

The event now appears on the event's page: CM Kentucky & Cincinnati - Cross the Bridge For Life

--hide--

Thank you so much, Debbie!
Apr 25th 2013 new

Yes, I would like to come but after living 20 yrs in Cincinnati I still get lost! May I publish this invite in Queen of Peace's Bulletin (my parish). We are a very strong sector in the pro-life movement! Your may know our deacon Mike.
Catholic Match has a ad in the back of many bulletins in Butler County

Diane B

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Diane-925819 said: Yes, I would like to come but after living 20 yrs in Cincinnati I still get lost! May I publish this invite in...
(Quote) Diane-925819 said:

Yes, I would like to come but after living 20 yrs in Cincinnati I still get lost! May I publish this invite in Queen of Peace's Bulletin (my parish). We are a very strong sector in the pro-life movement! Your may know our deacon Mike.
Catholic Match has a ad in the back of many bulletins in Butler County

Diane B

--hide--

Hi Diane! The event "Cross the Bridge For Life" is an area wide event that not only Catholics, but pro-life people from all faiths join in. "Cross the Bridge For Life" itself is not a CatholicMatch event; rather, I am inviting members of CatholicMatch to join in together. Each year I have participated it has gotten bigger and bigger. Three of the years that I have walked the Purple People Bridge, I have done so with friends from CM. I think it is also a great event for CatholicMatch singles to meet at, but it is easy to get lost in a crowd. That's why I thought it would be good to meet before the walk at Mass. Of course people can join up with us along the way. (We'll have to come up with some kind of identifying item-- balloons, a hat, sign, etc. I don't think we are allowed to carry signs. scratchchin I'll have to think on that.)

Feel free to invite anyone! The more the merrier!! Numbers are important at this event for Life. Just make sure that if they are going to try to meet up with us, that there is a way for us to know to look for them.
Apr 28th 2013 new

Do You have any flyers for this event?

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Diane! The event "Cross the Bridge For Life" is an area wide event that not only Cath...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Hi Diane! The event "Cross the Bridge For Life" is an area wide event that not only Catholics, but pro-life people from all faiths join in. "Cross the Bridge For Life" itself is not a CatholicMatch event; rather, I am inviting members of CatholicMatch to join in together. Each year I have participated it has gotten bigger and bigger. Three of the years that I have walked the Purple People Bridge, I have done so with friends from CM. I think it is also a great event for CatholicMatch singles to meet at, but it is easy to get lost in a crowd. That's why I thought it would be good to meet before the walk at Mass. Of course people can join up with us along the way. (We'll have to come up with some kind of identifying item-- balloons, a hat, sign, etc. I don't think we are allowed to carry signs. I'll have to think on that.)

Feel free to invite anyone! The more the merrier!! Numbers are important at this event for Life. Just make sure that if they are going to try to meet up with us, that there is a way for us to know to look for them.
--hide--

wave clap highfive Sounds like yet another fabulous time with fellow CMers (and hundreds of non-CMers on the actual "Walk the Bridge" part.) biggrin

Here's the link with all the information about the walk: www.crossthebridgeforlife.com

Great idea to meet for mass first, Dawn, and as you said, that way other CMers can look for you and meet up. hug Thank you so much for posting this thread to make people aware of this annual walk, and to organize making a "CM" day of it for those that wish to join in. You're SO GOOD about getting CMers together - and ANY event with you in attendance is a GREAT time! cool

Bummer, I'll miss this AGAIN - will be out of town. One of these years I WILL get to do this with you. In the meantime, rock those purple shirts and have a wonderful time! Be sure to give hugs to Lucy and Andrew and Rob......oh heck, give everyone hugs for me please! hug

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Sounds like yet another fabulous time with fellow CMers (and hundreds of non-CMers on the act...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Sounds like yet another fabulous time with fellow CMers (and hundreds of non-CMers on the actual "Walk the Bridge" part.)

Here's the link with all the information about the walk: www.crossthebridgeforlife.com

Great idea to meet for mass first, Dawn, and as you said, that way other CMers can look for you and meet up. Thank you so much for posting this thread to make people aware of this annual walk, and to organize making a "CM" day of it for those that wish to join in. You're SO GOOD about getting CMers together - and ANY event with you in attendance is a GREAT time!

Bummer, I'll miss this AGAIN - will be out of town. One of these years I WILL get to do this with you. In the meantime, rock those purple shirts and have a wonderful time! Be sure to give hugs to Lucy and Andrew and Rob......oh heck, give everyone hugs for me please!

--hide--
hug We sure will miss you, Mary, but I know I'll catch you a few times this summer! Thank you for the support. cool
Apr 29th 2013 new

Dawn -- I won't be able to come. Too soon after my Memphis/New Orleans trip.

However, with regard to your "darn" about the Reds being out of town .... there will be local pro baseball that weekend: the Florence Freedom have a home series against Rockford. United States Flag baseball

florencefreedom.com

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Dawn -- I won't be able to come. Too soon after my Memphis/New Orleans trip. However, with r...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Dawn -- I won't be able to come. Too soon after my Memphis/New Orleans trip.

However, with regard to your "darn" about the Reds being out of town .... there will be local pro baseball that weekend: the Florence Freedom have a home series against Rockford.

florencefreedom.com

--hide--

Zoom, that is a great idea for Saturday. Affordable and fun! Thanks! Sorry you can't make it but we'll see you soon!
May 3rd 2013 new
One month until the Cross the Bridge For Life! A great way to celebrate Corpus Christi Sunday!! Praying

We currently have twelve men and women signed up on the events page. There are local people who have never been to an event. And there are people traveling in for the weekend. There are some people from the Indy Crew, long time friends of mine and wonderful people!

We have plenty of room for more to join us (It's a wide river between Ohio and KY-- laughing)

We'd love to meet you, pray with you, support life with you, and laugh with you. You never know who God will introduce to you!!
Posts 11 - 20 of 50