Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new

I have not met anyone yet and, although I've received a couple of messages, thus far this site has been the least successful of any I've ever joined. I even checked to see if I could cancel my subscription or switch to Match.com (because I thought Catholicmatch was a subsidiary of Match), but it looks like I'm stuck for the remainder of my six months. Oh, well....lesson learned. It was great reading that others have had better experiences than mine, however! I guess God has other plans for me at the moment heart

Apr 28th 2013 new
I have not met anyone and have sent several messages with only a couple of men responding to my emails.
Apr 28th 2013 new

I have met a couple people from this site, and I was in a 3.5 month relationship with one of them. Otherwise, I am friends with a few CMers on facebook, and I try to keep in contact with them on a regular basis. It can get quite discouraging on here, as I find myself sending many messages/emotigrams, but I do not get many responses.

Apr 28th 2013 new

I guess it does work for some!! A friend of mine just got engaged last weekend ---to a guy she met on CM (first marriage for both! She is 39!! They are getting married in October! He is a great guy----I am so happy for them both. I met him last week when he was in town (8 hours apart from each other----but she will move to his town when they marry.) A former boss of mine (my age)---is engaged to a nice guy she met on CM also---they are getting married in December I think it is!! (both of them in this area). I was told I'll be invited to both----imagine that----2 weddings at the end of this year and both from CM!!!!!! Funny how that happened..... (I've been on CM 4 and 1/2 years I think it is and these will be my first CM weddings to be invited to!)

Nothing has worked for me lately on CM----but I keep my membership just in case. I met someone within days of when I signed up----a real great guy-----we dated 9 months. It didn't work out in the long run---he's married to someone else now-----but we both learned a lot from dating each other. I'd say he was the closest to what I'm looking for-----and so set the bar high for a quality guy...

I'm still out there in regular life trying to meet people too.....not just relying on this.... I have met a few other guys on this site in the past....a date or two...but nothing developed from it besides friendship. I joined a Swing dance group by my home last July---and dated a few guys from that----but we were way too different and it didn't work. I still enjoy going though....you never know when that might change. And I was surprised to find out there are a few guys from CM who go to the dance club too..

I see this as just one of many options for trying to meet people.. Being a Catholic site is nice...

Apr 28th 2013 new

I guess it does work for some!! A friend of mine just got engaged last weekend ---to a guy she met on CM (first marriage for both! She is 39!! They are getting married in October! He is a great guy----I am so happy for them both. I met him last week when he was in town (8 hours apart from each other----but she will move to his town when they marry.) A former boss of mine (my age)---is engaged to a nice guy she met on CM also---they are getting married in December I think it is!! (both of them in this area). I was told I'll be invited to both----imagine that----2 weddings at the end of this year and both from CM!!!!!! Funny how that happened..... (I've been on CM 4 and 1/2 years I think it is and these will be my first CM weddings to be invited to!)

Nothing has worked for me lately on CM----but I keep my membership just in case. I met someone within days of when I signed up----a real great guy-----we dated 9 months. It didn't work out in the long run---he's married to someone else now-----but we both learned a lot from dating each other. I'd say he was the closest to what I'm looking for-----and so set the bar high for a quality guy...

I'm still out there in regular life trying to meet people too.....not just relying on this.... I have met a few other guys on this site in the past....a date or two...but nothing developed from it besides friendship. I joined a Swing dance group by my home last July---and dated a few guys from that----but we were way too different and it didn't work. I still enjoy going though....you never know when that might change. And I was surprised to find out there are a few guys from CM who go to the dance club too..

I see this as just one of many options for trying to meet people.. Being a Catholic site is nice...

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Moire-630682 said: Thanks, David. I was getting a bit concerned as I've been going through the forums and seem to notice a...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

Thanks, David. I was getting a bit concerned as I've been going through the forums and seem to notice a lot of people who have been on the site for years and have "given up" on finding a match, but stay onboard for the Catholic community. Don't get me wrong, that's great, but that's not what I'm here for. So I appreciate your encouragement!

--hide--

Honestly, who do you expect to see in the forums? They don't allow those who are married to remain on the site. I happen to know quite a few married couples from CM who wish they could still be part of the forums. None of us came to CM for the community we have found. It is an added blessing that God has given us. I've learned that life (here or elsewhere) is not really about what I want, but what God does. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to be here, but I think God wants me here. I've been here for 9 years (I've had a few relationships along the way.) if I had not been here, I think I'd still be a 42 year old single woman. It's no different to be single after 9 years of CM than 9 years of being anywhere else. (it's not a magic fix, people.) It's life. I like me, my life, my friends (especially my CMmers!), my adventures, and my faith.
May 1st 2013 new

Hi everybody,

I am Myriam and I am single hahaha

I think I've been here since 2007 I've met five men and had one relationship.

I do feel a little discouraged because my experience with the last man I met here about a month ago. He initiated communication, we had our F2F everything seemed great, he invited me to go out on Saturday and he stopped communicating I didn't want to bother him so I waited until Friday to send him a message and he said he had issues and wasn't ready date or be in a relationship, and that I look like his ex-wife.

I hear a lot of people have been married here I haven't met any of them in person yet, but I pray that someday I will be as lucky as them.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: ... They don't allow those who are married to remain on the site. ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

... They don't allow those who are married to remain on the site. ...
--hide--

- which is why we're all hoping to get thrown out. smile

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Myriam-344031 said: ... he said he had issues and wasn't ready date or be in a relationship, and that I ...
(Quote) Myriam-344031 said:

... he said he had issues and wasn't ready date or be in a relationship, and that I look like his ex-wife. ...

--hide--

- which, if true, suggests that his ex-wife must be very good-looking. smile

May 2nd 2013 new

Hahaha Kevin you're terrible you make me laugh!

Posts 181 - 190 of 200