Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Bill Maher, whom we all know interviews Brian Levin a radically liberal professor who directs the "Center for hate and extremism" and Professor Levin begins to compare violent Islam to Christianity and Bill Maher says, "Comparing Christianity to Islam is liberal bull----t."

I was totally shocked and it's the first time that I would have given Maher a high five.

The CM site doesn't allow you to post the complete link from you tube, but i'll post the you tube site and the title.

http://www.youtube.com

Type in,

Bill Maher Surprise Even Men! Comparing Islamic Violence to Christianity is "Liberal Bull"

Or you can look it up on you tube by just typing in "Bill Maher and Boston Bomber."

Keith

Apr 24th 2013 new

Sorry the video is titled,

Bill Maher Surprises Even Me! Comparing Islamic Violence to Christianity Is "Liberal Bull"

Sorry.
Apr 25th 2013 new
Well that is shocking. Maybe the Holy Ghost is prompting these tiny, baby steps in the right direction. Normally Mr. Maher makes me feel nothing but nauseous but I suppose I should spend more energy praying for his conversion and less being repulsed by him.
Apr 26th 2013 new

I know his comments caused some stir in the liberal media.

I know someone who met him and she told me that he's basically a pretty rude guy.

Hopefully he'll convert.

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Bill Maher, whom we all know interviews Brian Levin a radically liberal professor who directs the...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Bill Maher, whom we all know interviews Brian Levin a radically liberal professor who directs the "Center for hate and extremism" and Professor Levin begins to compare violent Islam to Christianity and Bill Maher says, "Comparing Christianity to Islam is liberal bull----t."

I was totally shocked and it's the first time that I would have given Maher a high five.

The CM site doesn't allow you to post the complete link from you tube, but i'll post the you tube site and the title.

Type in,

Bill Maher Surprise Even Men! Comparing Islamic Violence to Christianity is "Liberal Bull"

Or you can look it up on you tube by just typing in "Bill Maher and Boston Bomber."

Keith

--hide--

We might pray it is the first inkling of his regaining his sanity.

When one loses his mind, he doesn't lose his reason, as Chesterton said. They lose everything but their reason, as Maher found out when talking with V-fan David Icke.

www.youtube.com

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Bill Maher, whom we all know interviews Brian Levin a radically liberal professor who directs the...

Type in,

Keith

--hide--

Bill Maher is often anti-Christian, and yet he'll go so far as to tell others how to practice Christianity. My jaw dropped when he said Obama wasn't being a good Christian because he went after Osama bin Laden. I was like "What?"

I also hope that Bill Maher converts to Christianity one day. It would be nice. However, I can't help but think he was just being more anti-Islam than anti-Christianity. Islam is at a point where Christianity was in the middle ages. It can be very intolerant and justify violence against those who don't believe in them. I'd like to say that they should be given room to "grow up" so to speak like we have done for the most part. Problem is we have weapons of mass destruction in this world and it's hard to watch. Sometimes, we have to defend ourselves.

I think most Muslims are good people, but there is an overly strong faction that still needs to evolve. :(

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-364556 said: Bill Maher is often anti-Christian, and yet he'll go so far as to tel...
(Quote) Melanie-364556 said:

Bill Maher is often anti-Christian, and yet he'll go so far as to tell others how to practice Christianity. My jaw dropped when he said Obama wasn't being a good Christian because he went after Osama bin Laden. I was like "What?"

I also hope that Bill Maher converts to Christianity one day. It would be nice. However, I can't help but think he was just being more anti-Islam than anti-Christianity. Islam is at a point where Christianity was in the middle ages. It can be very intolerant and justify violence against those who don't believe in them. I'd like to say that they should be given room to "grow up" so to speak like we have done for the most part. Problem is we have weapons of mass destruction in this world and it's hard to watch. Sometimes, we have to defend ourselves.

I think most Muslims are good people, but there is an overly strong faction that still needs to evolve. :(

--hide--

Pray tell! When and where in the middle ages was Christianity Intolerant and justified violence against non-believers. Be sure you don't try to use the crusades or the inquisition as illustrations, as you would be wrong.

Apr 28th 2013 new

[quote]Melanie-364556 said:

I also hope that Bill Maher converts to Christianity one day. It would be nice. However, I can't help but think he was just being more anti-Islam than anti-Christianity. Islam is at a point where Christianity was in the middle ages.

Christianity has never been like violent Islam. There were abuses in the Crusades and Inquisitions but most of that was political. The early Church and the Apostles were never violent and the abuses have been far less than what is typically thought.

It can be very intolerant and justify violence against those who don't believe in them. I'd like to say that they should be given room to "grow up" so to speak like we have done for the most part. Problem is we have weapons of mass destruction in this world and it's hard to watch. Sometimes, we have to defend ourselves.

I don't think that anyone would argue that there are good Muslim people. However as Bill Maher said, if you make fun of the Prophet, most Muslims would think that you have what is coming to you. It's more than just a small faction; the religions are fundamentally different. Christianity teaches to turn the other cheek and Islam does not. As Bill Maher said, "an ex Muslim is a dangerous thing, ask Salman Rushdie."

Apr 28th 2013 new

Type in,

Keith

--hide--

Nice! It is refreshing to hear that from Maher.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Pray tell! When and where in the middle ages was Christianity Intolerant and justified vi...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Pray tell! When and where in the middle ages was Christianity Intolerant and justified violence against non-believers. Be sure you don't try to use the crusades or the inquisition as illustrations, as you would be wrong.

--hide--

I keep thinking the Crusades were started by Christians who wanted their land back after 700 years of Muslim rule. Imagine if the Indians decided to take the land back from us after about three hundred years of our rule. I don't think that was reasonable. If the Muslims had just taken over their land, then okay. Seven hundred years later? No. I would also count the inquizition.

But what I was mostly thinking of was the hundreds of years of theocracy in Christianity. A Christian's (and probably other religions as well) idea of freedom of religion was making their faith the state religion and persecuting anybody who wouldn't practice it. Your convictions should decide your faith, not the king or queen. People would persecute each other for not being Catholic, Protestant, or whatever. It's funny. We always hear about the Puritans leaving Britain to get religious freedom. Yeah, but they did, but then they either ran out or executed people who weren't practicing their faith. Rhode Island was the first colony in what's now America to have freedom of religion. Our founding fathers wanted the church and state separated because they understand what a religion ran country did to people. Actually, Uganda is the perfect example of a country being ran too much by religion. They have a new rule saying homosexuals can be executed. Not only that, but people who know a homosexual and didn't report can be punished by law. They're not doing that in the name of Islam, but Christianity. Bottom line is that religion shouldn't run the country. In theory, God would know what he's doing. In reality, it's faulty humans who run a country. So, I'm mostly talking about theocracy, not the Crussades or the inquizition.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11