Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 29th 2013 new

Praying Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Praying

Apr 29th 2013 new

party Belated Happy Birthday, Sir Leon! Happy Birthday!

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Happy Birthday to one of the nicest men in the forums!!!! God Bless You Leon
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Happy Birthday to one of the nicest men in the forums!!!!

God Bless You Leon
--hide--
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! HAPPY B.DAY LEON! AND MANY MORE!; HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY! (WHATEVER YOU DID) TAKE CARE MIKE "PEACE"!!

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Josephine,I was hoping to slip through this time but I am grateful for your kindne...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Josephine,

I was hoping to slip through this time but I am grateful for your kindness.

I had a wonderful day and a week prior, my children and son-in-law had taken me to one of the fanciest restaurants in Houston. Just glad they were doing the paying.

I don't recall a time when I had so many phone calls, personal e-mails and messages and emotes from CM.

Once again, thank you so very much.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--
Birthday greetings, Leon.

No -- you can't just slip through although you almost were successful in your effort. You had the CM site shut down for nearly a day. That just drew more attention to you.

I thought your opinion of a fancy restaurant was Hardee's, but leave it to your family to find you some fine vittles for that Texas-size appetite of yours. Got room for the cake yet?

Glad you have been getting the attention (that's a-tention, not de-tention) you deserve. As one of CM's resident gentlemen, you should be recognized for your extensive contributions to the fora.

We hope you will continue to make your presence known here, although we understand you might be slowing down a bit with age.

Many blessings on your special day and may you have many more to enjoy!!!

Feliz compleanos, amigo.

Ray

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday Leon!!! pinata present lil mikie cookie Happy Birthday! balloon You get a Gold Star! Leon You are a favorite in the forums!

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday Leon rose Happy Birthday! Cheers! balloon present

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON!!! Happy Birthday! Have a great day my Texas brother to the South! (sorry this is late)

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Josephine,I was hoping to slip thr...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Josephine,

I was hoping to slip through this time but I am grateful for your kindness.

I had a wonderful day and a week prior, my children and son-in-law had taken me to one of the fanciest restaurants in Houston. Just glad they were doing the paying.

I don't recall a time when I had so many phone calls, personal e-mails and messages and emotes from CM.

Once again, thank you so very much.

Blessings always,

Leon

Birthday greetings, Leon.

No -- you can't just slip through although you almost were successful in your effort. You had the CM site shut down for nearly a day. That just drew more attention to you.

I thought your opinion of a fancy restaurant was Hardee's, but leave it to your family to find you some fine vittles for that Texas-size appetite of yours. Got room for the cake yet?

Glad you have been getting the attention (that's a-tention, not de-tention) you deserve. As one of CM's resident gentlemen, you should be recognized for your extensive contributions to the fora.

We hope you will continue to make your presence known here, although we understand you might be slowing down a bit with age.

Many blessings on your special day and may you have many more to enjoy!!!

Feliz compleanos, amigo.

Ray

--hide--

Ray,

Thank you kindly for your post.

My two children usually grant my wishes until it comes time to take me for my birthday dinner. They do it their way - period. For the newer posters, this Texan is pretty plain vanilla. I can only imagine what the total tab was for that evening. When you include the couple of bottles of wine (this is a must for my daughter), appetizers, main course, side dishes and dessert - well, it just boggles my mind to spend that kind of money in a three hour period. Must be the generation gap. Don't get me wrong, it is so appreciated but never, ever expected.

We don't have any Hardee's but have Golden Corrals. Heck, for $13.00 (including tax and drink) you can get a buffet that would make King Solomon turn green with envy. laughing

A couple of months ago, my son-in-law hired me as a consultant for his ever expanding business. I am doing the finishing touches for a health insurance program for his employees. Then, he wants me to write detailed job descriptions, set up a safety program, purchase safety supplies and keep him out of trouble with OSHA and the Texas Workers' Compensation Commission, setting up forms to do employee evaluations, etc. These are all tasks I performed for many years in my former job prior to retirement.

He told me to bill him for what I consider just compensation. It got me to thinking - if they can spend hundreds of dollars for one night's entertainment, then I am going to reconsider giving him the family rate for my services. laughing laughing Plus, I have had to curtail some of my volunteer services.

To me, the people you are with make the occasion memorable. The venue is secondary. Many will boast of where they went with little mention of who was there to celebrate the occasion. So, you all keep sending me your unused restaurant coupons. laughing

Yes, I got lots of attention. More so than I deserve. The de-tention starts back today.

Thank you for being one of the very bright lights since my membership in July, 2010.

May God richly bless you - always. Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Posts 11 - 20 of 99