Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 29th 2013 new

I almost slipped by this time but I once again thank Josephine for initiating this thread.

Lina, I wish you a very happy belated birthday. I am not on the site everyday and when I miss someone, please know it is never intentional.

This year for whatever reason, I received more phone calls from family and friends in and around Houston, personal e-mails, cards, emotes and messages from CM than ever before. Maybe some think this old buzzard has a very limited life expectancy. laughing

I want to share something that came to mind prior to Mass on Sunday morning and I shared on Facebook:

Sunday morning was another day where I once again thanked God for my many blessings. A man who appeared to be younger than myself was rolled in a wheel chair to the front of the sanctuary. It made me realize and again was a reminder how blessed I am to be able to get up from my pew, kneel, genuflect, participate in the ministry, volunteer my services, walk on my own, drive my truck and so many other things albeit a little slower.

After thanks to Our Blessed Lord, I sincerely thank each of you for the very kind birthday wishes. Let it be known, I treasure each and every one of you. We won’t always agree on every issue or topic but we can always kneel and pray in the same pew to the same God. I feel that is the important thing in our on-going path to salvation. At times, we will fall and fall again but we will never be defeated - ever.

May God richly bless each of you and may the Sacred Heart of Jesus always embrace you in His loving arms.

Let's remember to pray everyday for each other - even those who do us harm.

Love you all - sincerely. Praying hug rose

Leon

Apr 29th 2013 new
Belated happy birthday Leon Happy Birthday!
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: I almost slipped by this time but I once again thank Josephine for initiating this thread.
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

I almost slipped by this time but I once again thank Josephine for initiating this thread.

Lina, I wish you a very happy belated birthday. I am not on the site everyday and when I miss someone, please know it is never intentional.

This year for whatever reason, I received more phone calls from family and friends in and around Houston, personal e-mails, cards, emotes and messages from CM than ever before. Maybe some think this old buzzard has a very limited life expectancy.

I want to share something that came to mind prior to Mass on Sunday morning and I shared on Facebook:

Sunday morning was another day where I once again thanked God for my many blessings. A man who appeared to be younger than myself was rolled in a wheel chair to the front of the sanctuary. It made me realize and again was a reminder how blessed I am to be able to get up from my pew, kneel, genuflect, participate in the ministry, volunteer my services, walk on my own, drive my truck and so many other things albeit a little slower.

After thanks to Our Blessed Lord, I sincerely thank each of you for the very kind birthday wishes. Let it be known, I treasure each and every one of you. We won’t always agree on every issue or topic but we can always kneel and pray in the same pew to the same God. I feel that is the important thing in our on-going path to salvation. At times, we will fall and fall again but we will never be defeated - ever.

May God richly bless each of you and may the Sacred Heart of Jesus always embrace you in His loving arms.

Love you all - sincerely.

Leon

--hide--

To one of the most valued and respected men on CM, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! More blessings to you and thanks for being a blessing to us here... biggrin Happy Birthday! Praying

Apr 29th 2013 new

Happy Birthday Leon Happy Birthday! wave

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: I almost slipped by this time but I once again thank Josephine for initiating this thread.
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

This year for whatever reason, I received more phone calls from family and friends in and around Houston, personal e-mails, cards, emotes and messages from CM than ever before. Maybe some think this old buzzard has a very limited life expectancy.

Love you all - sincerely.

Leon

--hide--
Leon, this is one of the BEST posts I've ever seen....period! Thank you for being the gentleman you are!

Apr 29th 2013 new
Happy Birthday, Leon. I always enjoy your posts! Happy happy Birthday and many more. smile
Apr 29th 2013 new

hersheyskiss cookie heart rose goldfish BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS TO YOU LEON!! hug

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Happy birthday Leon! Sorry about your Astros.
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Happy birthday Leon!

Sorry about your Astros.

--hide--

Edward,

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

The Astros are getting what they deserve. Under different ownership, they decimated the farm system and other than three or four players, most of their free agent signings were busts. It is going to be a painful road back and overall the majority of Houstonians thought we were blackballed into entering the American League. Oh well, it is what it is. Hope we don't break the Mets 1962 record of losing 120 games.

Although they have started mediocre, I feel your Tigers and Nationals will be strong at the end. I was hoping the Lions would be coming to Houston to play the Texans this year but no cigar. I still can't figure how we beat them last year in their yard.

Hope you are able to do some traveling this summer and see some games or whatever your wishes.

Blessings always and hope you are feeling well. Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Happy Birthday Leon!!! Leon You are a favorite in the forums!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Happy Birthday Leon!!! Leon You are a favorite in the forums!

--hide--

Marian,

Thank you for the kind words.

I know you have had to carry some heavy crosses in the past year or so. I also know you are a woman of strong faith. You will get through the rough times. You will continue to be in my prayer intentions each night.

Always remember - your CM family loves you.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON

--hide--

Kevin,

Thank you sir. I kept waiting for one of your famous Kevinisms but will probably need to wait for another day or someone else's thread.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Posts 21 - 30 of 99