Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Apr 29th 2013 new

I am open to older, but they must be open to having children. Being that I am still young, I would love more children in the future. That is my only requirement of an older man.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Nina-874289 said: I am open to older, but they must be open to having children. Being that I am still young, I would...
(Quote) Nina-874289 said:

I am open to older, but they must be open to having children. Being that I am still young, I would love more children in the future. That is my only requirement of an older man.

--hide--

In order to be validly married in the Church everyone, regardless of age, must be open to the propagation of life should they be blessed with such by God.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Owning a Kuboda tractor and being able to operate power tools may not be feminine, but i...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Owning a Kuboda tractor and being able to operate power tools may not be feminine, but it sure comes in handy!

--hide--

Hey Tracy! Jasper is my hometown! I second the sentiment regarding tools- repair services cost too much money! Good luck to you on your search!

Apr 29th 2013 new
I don't know where the decent, young available Catholic guys are! They are rare treasures indeed, but are worth trouble ;)
Apr 29th 2013 new

The decent, single Catholic guys are definitely out there. All you have to do is look and pick.

Apr 29th 2013 new

I think location can certainly be part of the challenge too. Personally, I don't plan on staying in the Midwest my entire life, and most of the wonderful gentlemen on here in the area I am, want to stay in the area. boggled Which means you're then looking at nice wonderful Catholic gentlemen outside your area and praying that God says okay and gets you a job and moving to that area.

Least that's the challenge I've had, thus far in this adventure.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Bridget-915414 said: I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Cathol...
(Quote) Bridget-915414 said:

I have a question for all of you guys out there....why can't I find a decent, single Catholic guy? How come they don't exist?

--hide--

I think they exist. They just aren't truley interested in getting Married wink Or so it seems in my case.

Apr 30th 2013 new

There are many single catholic guys even some that haven't been married. The problem with finding guys or girls is the same as the problem with finding new friends. If you only look to find what you want then there is an overwhelming probability that you will not be what they want. This leads to a game of numbers where you will only find similar wants in a very small percentage and should be ready for a great deal of rejection to find interest from very few. large amount of effort for a small amount of interest.

If you open your search to include interest in more people then you are likely to have more success getting to know more people and letting what you want find you as long as you allow for that what you want to be flexible enough that you can adapt t it when it finds you. I find that this site as well as many religion based sites have too many people who are too rigid in their own status quo and that makes it dificult to empathise or even want to try. This means people miss out on what is out there and what is out there misses out on getting to know them. All of my great love stories have not come from the starngers that I meet directly but the ones that you meet from knowing them. In this way people could help each other but I find that too few of my girl - friends are willing to help. It can work though, if you help girls to meet the guys you aren't going to be involved with then they will be more willing to do the same for you.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-495813 said: We are out there, I am searching for a decent Catholic woman myself. As I type I am listening to &...
(Quote) Mark-495813 said:

We are out there, I am searching for a decent Catholic woman myself. As I type I am listening to "How do I get to 'I do'" on Catholic Answers. It was an episode aired Feb 8. SO far i have enjoyed it. You can download the podcast or from their website catholic.com

--hide--

Yup...looking for all the good Catholic ladies...but the only ones in church are married.

I don't know where the vast majority of single Catholic women hang out... it isn't in church. Big failure of the Catholic Church to minister to those of us who are single, single again, etc. Individuals can run Singles' groups out of churches, but I think this is an issue that warrants attention from higher up.

Case in point... I know of ONE Young Adults' group in Tampa. It would seem to me there should be more in a city this size. Even the Diocese doesn't seem too concerned about the lack of groups for singles. And, we really should have groups specifically FOR marriage-minded singles. If marriage is such a priority within the Church--and it seems to be--I would think there should be more help along the way for those who are searching.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nina-874289 said: Alex, well there are decent Catholic women in the DC area but if they have a child or have been previousl...
(Quote) Nina-874289 said: Alex, well there are decent Catholic women in the DC area but if they have a child or have been previously married most times are passed up on.
--hide--

Nina, I found in my experience that >her< child was more important than I was. I think a lot of guys fear being so sidelined by preexisting children a woman may bring into a marriage...not to mention, after any are born into the marriage. This is not supposed to happen, but so many profiles of women say "my children come first and you must be able to deal with that." Ummmm..., as a man who values marriage and wants to be a partner with my wife (and not a second class citizen)... I'd say, "No thanks!" to such a woman if I were looking for a wife (which I will be, assuming my annulment decision stays on track.)

Nothing wrong with a woman has a child/children, but our Lord must be her first priority, and the marriage union must be her second--before the children.

Posts 151 - 160 of 196