Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--
YEAH GUYS!! BE PROACTIVE, BE BRAVE, BE OF GOOD COURAGE!! We are waiting for PURSUERS!!

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Sam-948516 said: hmmm I disagree with this post. If we are to model ourselves after Christ, wh...
(Quote) Sam-948516 said:

hmmm I disagree with this post.

If we are to model ourselves after Christ, when He came the first time He came being humble and with humility. Yes he sacrficed His life, and His love is of a sacrifical nature, but the whole knight in shining armor thing seems to me to be a cultural product that has false ideas of what love actually is.

A man should be respectful, should make sacrifices for the woman he loves, should be polite, open doors, etc. But to model yourself after Christ would be to be bold in Truth, faith, hope, and true Charitiy, not movie charity.

This whole idea of knight in shining armor isnt Christ like at all, at least as far as pursuing a woman goes. I would lay down my life for my wife and family like Christ laid down His for us, but true love isnt "knight in shining armor romance", this is just a cultural idea. Ever wonder why it is never like it is in the movies? Because in the movies it is not real. The relationships they show in movies...fast moving fast paced, with soley external visible acts of heroism, are the types of relationships that crash and burn because they are soley dependent on feeling good about the person you are dating and on external acts of "love", not true internal changing. In fact, Catholic match recently wrote a blog about this type of relationship.

If we are to model ourselves on the love Christ actually showed us, and the love God has for us, and the love we have for our Faith, then we will quickly see that romance is not this love. If this were true, then I would have to raise my hand and say I do not love God, because I have many days where I do not feel a strong connection or have strong feelings towards God. Not that I necessarily relapse in morals, it is just harder to pray a rosary or read a spiritual book etc. But I try to persevere and bear that cross, just like St. Theresea did. yet, this does not mean I do not love God.

It took me a while to understand that romance is not love, nor is it even a good thing to try and live by because it is superficial. I will love my woman, I will do good things for her, and I will sacrifice for her and I will persevere on the days where that feeling of connection isnt necessarily as strong, because that is what true love is.

Christ came in humility, humble, a proclaimer of Truth and one of an undying self sacrifice.

Not as a knight in shining armor, sweeeping all of us off our feet and making all of us fall in romantic love with Him. were this the case, they wouldnt have crucified Him.

When He returns as a warrior it will be to destroy the world and give a judgement to mankind. If we were to stretch the idea of knight in shining armor then it would probably be more suited to the second coming. Not the first.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I say these things because this idea of "love" held me back for a while and I have seen the consequences of it. I would say protestantism hinges more on this idea of "love" .

--hide--

Ahh, young Sam. Apparently you have not read enough of my posts to know what I mean by a knight for Christ, or romance, or real love. You and I are speaking of the same thing. The false romantic images and stories you allude to are so popular because they appeal to our yearning for the real Romance that we find with God. They fall short, of course, but they are the secular world's attempt to meet that yearning.

There is nothing more bold in today's world than humility. Just look at how we have all noticed Pope Francis' entrance into his pontificate.

When I speak of princesses, princes, knights, and ladies, I am referring to our standing in the Kingdom of God. We have a right to a royal place in His court. Yet, so often we condemn ourselves and others to scullery maids and field servants. (See Romans 8:1-14) The world would be a lot different if all of us had the humility to see each other as people of high dignity.

Sir Sam, you can believe that you and I disagree. It's not necessary that you see things as I do. I do believe that you will be successful in your search here if you are bold and courageous.
Apr 29th 2013 new
Thank you, Matt! rose That was beautifully said. May God bless you with your heart's desires.
Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. I don't see a lot of boldness around here. 2. I don't want a knight in shining armor. I c...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

1. I don't see a lot of boldness around here.

2. I don't want a knight in shining armor. I can fight my own battles.

3. I am not a princess. Sorry, that's not my nature, and many years of being single has made me more than self-reliant.

4. All I want is a man of good character who wants an intellectual sparring partner.

--hide--

Hi Marge. wave

I think we are definitely working with different definitions of "princess." For me, a princess is the daughter of the King. It's a position of dignity and promise. It has nothing to do with independence, dependence, etc.

I'm not looking for my knight to fight my battles. In fact, he really isn't my knight; he's Christ's. He will have his own battles to fight. But I figure we will be more successful at furthering the Kingdom if we battle alongside each other.
Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Lady Dawn, you are a gem. You are BOLD with class and grace. You are BOLD with warmth and ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Lady Dawn, you are a gem. You are BOLD with class and grace. You are BOLD with warmth and kindness. You are BOLD with femininity and a true open heart towards all. You are a fine example of how a Catholic maiden should behave in her search for their Prince. ( I know it's a 'knight' but it's as close to a Prince as I can come. Work with me! )

You are open to meeting ANYONE. You set no restrictions on yourself or others. You won't allow any wimpy free-will excuses to hold you back from opportunities to meet your true love. In your search, you are doing your part 100%, enthusiastically, lovingly, openly - and thus allowing God to do HIS will for you as well.

If only everyone had as much faith as you do.....

You write such wonderful words, you send such thought-provoking messages - THANK YOU!

--hide--

embarassed Princess Mary of the Northside, thank you for your kind words. I don't know about all that... especially the 100% part. But I thank you for the vote of confidence. I try. I've come a long way, learned a lot. I do know that the man who finds me will find a better me than when I came here.
Apr 29th 2013 new
Matt and Dawn, wise words. I like the whole idea you describe. Guys, why are we so stubborn or closed off in this? Lazy, scared, or what? For myself I can testify that I believe that trying to be like this got me the woman that God has put aside for me, really. Romance for me is exactly being Christlike. Just like Matt describes. Christ captivated us all by sacrificing, leading and being present. I look at Christ's love to model my own love.
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--

I want to be able to make that little knight... Never mind a "match", can I have that little fella? ;)

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: I want to be able to make that little knight... Never mind a "match", can I have tha...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

I want to be able to make that little knight... Never mind a "match", can I have that little fella? ;)

--hide--

Sure! You can have up to 10 in each forum post! Just type

knight-errant knight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errantknight-errant :knight:

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Sam-948516 said: If we are to model ourselves after Christ, when He came the first time He came being humble and wit...
(Quote) Sam-948516 said:

If we are to model ourselves after Christ, when He came the first time He came being humble and with humility. Yes he sacrficed His life, and His love is of a sacrifical nature, but the whole knight in shining armor thing seems to me to be a cultural product that has false ideas of what love actually is.

This whole idea of knight in shining armor isnt Christ like at all, at least as far as pursuing a woman goes. I would lay down my life for my wife and family like Christ laid down His for us, but true love isnt "knight in shining armor romance", this is just a cultural idea. Ever wonder why it is never like it is in the movies? Because in the movies it is not real. The relationships they show in movies...fast moving fast paced, with soley external visible acts of heroism, are the types of relationships that crash and burn because they are soley dependent on feeling good about the person you are dating and on external acts of "love", not true internal changing.

If we are to model ourselves on the love Christ actually showed us, and the love God has for us, and the love we have for our Faith, then we will quickly see that romance is not this love. If this were true, then I would have to raise my hand and say I do not love God, because I have many days where I do not feel a strong connection or have strong feelings towards God. Not that I necessarily relapse in morals, it is just harder to pray a rosary or read a spiritual book etc. But I try to persevere and bear that cross, just like St. Theresea did. yet, this does not mean I do not love God.

When He returns as a warrior it will be to destroy the world and give a judgement to mankind. If we were to stretch the idea of knight in shining armor then it would probably be more suited to the second coming. Not the first.

--hide--

I see what you are saying, Sam. In light of your post, it's kinda funny how the medieval knight was actually supposed to be patterned off of Christ...and before their knighting they would spend an entire night in prayer and fasting that they might serve God and his people well as a knight. Next to nothing of the knight's life was spent wooing but defending the poor and underserved, of providing justice to those who were wronged, etc. Of course, this is when evil had a more physical face and poor and stupid people had to be defended in a more overt manner. oh...wait...guess things haven't changed that much. Many knights never married because that would have interfered with their service to God, king, and country.

Any analogy is faulty...that's why it is an analogy. I personally would not want to marry a man who did not fit the description of one who would serve the Church, defend the weak, provide for the poor, and bring justice to the wronged.

The knight as a romantic figure...sure, I can definitely see what you are saying and I certainly don't want a movie romance...living in dreams is kinda icky.

Apr 30th 2013 new

I believe there should be a balance of both romance and practicality.

No, we do not live in Hollywood, so we should accept reality and live in the REAL world. There is no such thing as a perfect man (or woman for that matter!) and so we need to lower our standards just a little.
Having said that, if there was no romance, relationships would never last. There needs to be a little spice to keep the flame alive. (Throw some wood on the fire!)

Love God and trust in Him.

Posts 11 - 20 of 75