Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Apr 29th 2013 new

Hi Cindy,
You are so right on point. It doesn't matter what we want or think. It says in Scared Sripture that He desires NOT sacrifice but obedience.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: news.yahoo.com.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

news.yahoo.com

Help me answer my friends who think this is a great thing, please.

So far they have posted:
1. Good for her. Follow your bliss, people.
2. Actually, many religions are catholic, and are Catholic in their proper names. The word means "universal." If Rosemarie Smead has indeed been ordained as a Roman Catholic priest, it is unprecedented as the Roman Catholic church has, to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, not ordained a woman as a priest before. I am not sure what basic tenets she rejects, but surely those subjecting women to inferior status would have to be one of them.
3. According to the article, she still identifies as Catholic. Clearly, the group is a splinter group, and not sanctioned by the mainstream powers that be, but presumably they still follow many practices. They have emerged from the Catholic tradition, and are taking it in a new direction even as they continue to identify themselves with that tradition. It's not my label. Cathy and others (dissdots esp) wasn't there another group a few years back who did a similar ordination?? I seem to remember that there was, but I don't recall any details. I'm a curious bystander, not a Catholic or former Catholic.
4. and, keep in mind that the "tenets" of the faith were all decided solely by men, as if God doesn't speak to women at all.

--hide--

1. First, we follow Christ, not our "bliss" (which is reserved for us in Heaven when we see God face to face; this world is a vale of tears).

2. No. The Catholic Church is the Universal Church that Christ founded, lead by the spiritual descendent of St. Peter. Any other community can call itself Catholic, but will lack the fullness of the sacraments or the Truths of the faith.

3. She could identify herself as an artichoke, for all the difference that makes. mischievous

Having committed personal sacrilege by her simulation of Holy Orders, she is excommunicated from the Church. She still possesses the character imparted on her soul by Baptism and confirmation, but she has rejected the Church, and until she recants her ordination she is not in communion with the Church.

Furthermore, the Church can no more ordain women as priests than boys can be mommies. Pope John Paul II, in this Apostolic Letter Sacradotalis Ordinatio reiterated this point, and invoked Papal Infalibilty in doing so by formally teaching on this matter of Faith, and making it binding on all Catholics to hold this teaching "so that all doubt on the matter be removed."

www.vatican.va

www.ewtn.com

Roma locuta est, causa finita est (Rome has spoken, the matter is settled).

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed t...
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed the Catechumens. I still say there is nothing in Scipture or tradiition that excludes women from the Deacon. For sure the priesthood.

--hide--

Anyone may baptize, as long as the Trinitarian form is used. Female deaconesses were used to help in the baptisms of adult females in part because the practice was sometimes done by full immersion and it seems to me in some instances in the nude as they were then reclothed upon completion of the baptism, but I'll have to hunt that one down. Consecrated religious are an extension of those early female helpers. Women were always an active part of the faith and of imparting the faith but there were none among the twelve and even when deacons were chosen and hands laid upon them, I can think of not a single passage where the same was done for the female assistants as a method of commissioning them to the same service as men.

This makes me very sad. I just had this same discussion in Scripture study the other night with some of the older women in the parish who are still hopeful of female priests. I said it would never happen, it isn't a matter of church discipline which can be changed like a non-married priesthood. It is instead something instituted by Christ and therefore we cannot change it. One of the women said well that makes no sense at all and the other one said women are just as capable as men. I said it isn't about being capable or incapable, its about being called to different paths. Women have gifts that men do not and we are called to use them in ways that men cannot etc. I wish at the time I had thought enough to remind them that women are the ones who raise the men who become priests, we are the active every day guide in the domestic church. While we seek to have the man as the head of the family it is generally the women who carry out the every day Church in our families. And, we are called to do this. We are also called to love and serve. It isn't a lesser thing, it is a vital and much needed thing and just as important in the everyday as tasks committed to men, it is different but it is complementary.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: news.yahoo.com.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

news.yahoo.com

Help me answer my friends who think this is a great thing, please.

So far they have posted:
1. Good for her. Follow your bliss, people.
2. Actually, many religions are catholic, and are Catholic in their proper names. The word means "universal." If Rosemarie Smead has indeed been ordained as a Roman Catholic priest, it is unprecedented as the Roman Catholic church has, to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, not ordained a woman as a priest before. I am not sure what basic tenets she rejects, but surely those subjecting women to inferior status would have to be one of them.
3. According to the article, she still identifies as Catholic. Clearly, the group is a splinter group, and not sanctioned by the mainstream powers that be, but presumably they still follow many practices. They have emerged from the Catholic tradition, and are taking it in a new direction even as they continue to identify themselves with that tradition. It's not my label. Cathy and others (dissdots esp) wasn't there another group a few years back who did a similar ordination?? I seem to remember that there was, but I don't recall any details. I'm a curious bystander, not a Catholic or former Catholic.
4. and, keep in mind that the "tenets" of the faith were all decided solely by men, as if God doesn't speak to women at all.

--hide--

Do you remember when Sinead O'Connor was also ordained?? She has since come back to the faith as I understand it, but she went through phase herself and was "ordained" by a splinter group.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Looking forward to woman priest. .....YES
--hide--

Hi Jim,

With all due respect are you serious?' You look forward to a woman priest---YES!" Are you in the Roman Catholic Rite? Do you take seriously the institution of The Holy Eucharist? If Jesus wanted woman preists, why didn't he have his own mother among the 12 on Holy Thursday as they participated in the first Mass? Respectfully, I disagree with you 100% and frankly more re than anything it is very disturbing to read comments like this on a Catholic website. Wow...

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: So, they have left the Roman Catholic Church, and have started their own. They are no longer Rom...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

So, they have left the Roman Catholic Church, and have started their own. They are no longer Roman Catholic, under the Pope.

They have turned their backs in defiance on the Church.

It is best not to attend their church, it's not in the eyes of the Holy See.

I guess now there is another denomination started.
--hide--

The Ecclesial Community of the Cheap Polyester Vestments.

The Episcopal Church might want to sue, since they're there first, and do it worse. This is their "presiding bishop!"

badvestments.blogspot.com

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility. The Church is always referred to as the...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility.

The Church is always referred to as the Bride of Christ.

The Priest is acting in persona Christi.

Christ was male.

The priest is therefore male.

Christ founded the priesthood through his masculinity.

These links cannot be undone.

Christ is the groom. The priest acts in the place of Christ. The priest cannot be female because then in her role as priest she is acting as a "groom" to a Church referred to in the feminine. The groom is a masculine role.

A woman cannot "marry" another woman. Despite what some stupid countries think.

The whole "because its good for religion" or "because ladies are nice" is all assinine. If Christ had wanted female priests he would have ordained them. He did crazy stuff that went against the current social grain all the time. He ate with the unclean and hung out with prostitutes, had tax collectors amongst his friends, was considered a drunk and "worked" on the Sabbath. Those were pretty big social no-nos, lifting up women to the place of the priesthood is pretty much on par with those things in radical thinking way. He would have done it if he wanted to.

Whatever silly reasons people come up with to try and justify women preists, it doesn't pan out theologically or scripturally.

--hide--

This clap

Apr 30th 2013 new

--hide--
I don't know if Jim is serious or not; But my Two cents worth: Ok The Church has changed some what over the centuries; ok yes there are laws to the church; However with our priests (some of them) getin old retiring etc. and in some paraishes "shortage" of priests; My opinion is this (and only my opinion) I (seriously) don't see why and i'am serious; Eventually i mean like 30 or maybe 50 yrs from now; Let the NUNs say the mass (thats right) Let the NUNs say the mass; Ordain the NUNs; How many of you? learned mostly from Nuns who taught our relgion (catacism) etc. hey i learned a lot from a couple of NUNs and if the church approved it and they ordained NUns to say the mass; I'am there!! BTW: I bet they would give a darn good homily/ serman too! Ok people all of ya disagree (bring it on) But i'am serious too!!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: I don't know if Jim is serious or not; But my Two cents worth: Ok The Church has changed some ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

I don't know if Jim is serious or not; But my Two cents worth: Ok The Church has changed some what over the centuries; ok yes there are laws to the church; However with our priests (some of them) getin old retiring etc. and in some paraishes "shortage" of priests; My opinion is this (and only my opinion) I (seriously) don't see why and i'am serious; Eventually i mean like 30 or maybe 50 yrs from now; Let the NUNs say the mass (thats right) Let the NUNs say the mass; Ordain the NUNs; How many of you? learned mostly from Nuns who taught our relgion (catacism) etc. hey i learned a lot from a couple of NUNs and if the church approved it and they ordained NUns to say the mass; I'am there!! BTW: I bet they would give a darn good homily/ serman too! Ok people all of ya disagree (bring it on) But i'am serious too!!

--hide--

If you let a Nun say Mass, the Nun becomes a priest, and the Church has no authority to ordain female priests. Bl. Pope John Paul II stated this infallibly, and as such thinking that the Church should / could ordain female priests is sinful.

Apr 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility. The Church is always referred to as the Bride...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility.

The Church is always referred to as the Bride of Christ.

The Priest is acting in persona Christi.

Christ was male.

The priest is therefore male.

Christ founded the priesthood through his masculinity.

These links cannot be undone.

Christ is the groom. The priest acts in the place of Christ. The priest cannot be female because then in her role as priest she is acting as a "groom" to a Church referred to in the feminine. The groom is a masculine role.

A woman cannot "marry" another woman. Despite what some stupid countries think.

The whole "because its good for religion" or "because ladies are nice" is all assinine. If Christ had wanted female priests he would have ordained them. He did crazy stuff that went against the current social grain all the time. He ate with the unclean and hung out with prostitutes, had tax collectors amongst his friends, was considered a drunk and "worked" on the Sabbath. Those were pretty big social no-nos, lifting up women to the place of the priesthood is pretty much on par with those things in radical thinking way. He would have done it if he wanted to.

Whatever silly reasons people come up with to try and justify women preists, it doesn't pan out theologically or scripturally.

--hide--

which naturally brings us to the subject of girl altarboys
Posts 31 - 40 of 157