Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What A Woman Deserves...

Apr 30th 2013 new

I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to compromise my faith, 2) trust my instincts, and 3) there are a lot of nice guys out there. One of them is just right for me.... A friend sent this to me on Facebook. I liked it so much, I put it on my CM profile. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Every woman deserves a man who calls her baby
Kisses her like he means it
Holds her like he never wants to let her go
Doesn’t cheat or lie
Wipes her tears when she cries
Doesn’t make her jealous of other women
Instead makes other women jealous of her
Is not scared to let his friends know how he really feels about her
And lets her know how much he loves her.
wink
Apr 30th 2013 new

Barbara~~~ you have such pretty color hair!

Right on! Every man who is a real man faint knight-errant lady's handkerchief rose present heartbeat two cents

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learne...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to compromise my faith, 2) trust my instincts, and 3) there are a lot of nice guys out there. One of them is just right for me.... A friend sent this to me on Facebook. I liked it so much, I put it on my CM profile. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Doesn’t cheat or lie

--hide--

Barbara, I like this quote a lot. But I somehow don't especially like being called "baby". I don't mind, Babe, Honey, Sweetie...

I've found a lot of similar quotes on various quotation sites on Pinterest--all very pertinent to what we as women desire in a relationship. Easy to get hooked on perusing those boards, let me tell you!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learne...

Doesn’t cheat or lie

--hide--

Barbara - I've always liked this one too!

Carol - I have to agree about the 'Baby' part. rolling eyes Pet names can be endearing in their time and place. However, at least for me, at my age - I'm not identifying so much with "Baby" as much as the basic ones like Honey, Dear, etc. rose

I've explained the 'jealous' part to many of my male friends and relatives during some really great "He thinks / She thinks" discussions. When a woman looks at a couple and sees how attentive the man is behaving towards the lady - in a respectful and honorable way - we notice and appreciate that! faint We think "What a great guy - I want someone to treat ME like that." crossfingers They don't have to constantly be doting on us or stick to our side the entire evening - just check in to be sure we're ok when we're out socializing with others.

I also love when the gent I am with is also chivalrous towards the other ladies with us - it makes me that much more appreciative of being his special lady. lovestruck! When I'm secure with how he feels about me, and he's already seen to my comfort and safety - I am touched by his kindness towards other women - offering to get them a drink while he is getting ours, holding the door or chair for them as well, giving up his seat for them if there is not enough to go around, etc. (Being gracious / common sense / good manners.) None of that is done in a sexually flirtatious way, it's simply paying attention to what is going on around us. (Altho sometimes it can be misinterpreted - but that's a whole 'nother thread. rolling eyes laughing )

Men - it's been said that if we want to see how a man will treat his wife - to watch how he treats his mother, sisters, daughters, aunts, nieces, other female relatives. In my experience - that has always held true.

I also believe that ladies should return the above behavior in kind, that men deserve to be treated just as well by their woman, to have us behave in ways that make them feel secure in the relationship as well. heart

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Carol - I have to agree about the 'Baby' part. Pet names can be endearing in their time an...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Carol - I have to agree about the 'Baby' part. Pet names can be endearing in their time and place. However, at least for me, at my age - I'm not identifying so much with "Baby" as much as the basic ones like Honey, Dear, etc.

--hide--

Mary, do you think we don't associate with "baby" because of our age or because it sounds kind of condescending?

Your thoughts are valuable, too.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: Every woman deserves a man who calls her babyKisses her like he means it<...

Doesn’t cheat or lie

--hide--

Very Nice! biggrin

Apr 30th 2013 new

Doesn’t cheat or lie

--hide--

May we all be blessed with such a man. lovestruck!

Apr 30th 2013 new

Amen! So simple yet so hard to find.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Barbara - I've always liked this one too! Carol - I have to agree about the &#...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Barbara - I've always liked this one too!

Carol - I have to agree about the 'Baby' part. Pet names can be endearing in their time and place. However, at least for me, at my age - I'm not identifying so much with "Baby" as much as the basic ones like Honey, Dear, etc.

I've explained the 'jealous' part to many of my male friends and relatives during some really great "He thinks / She thinks" discussions. When a woman looks at a couple and sees how attentive the man is behaving towards the lady - in a respectful and honorable way - we notice and appreciate that! We think "What a great guy - I want someone to treat ME like that." They don't have to constantly be doting on us or stick to our side the entire evening - just check in to be sure we're ok when we're out socializing with others.

I also love when the gent I am with is also chivalrous towards the other ladies with us - it makes me that much more appreciative of being his special lady. When I'm secure with how he feels about me, and he's already seen to my comfort and safety - I am touched by his kindness towards other women - offering to get them a drink while he is getting ours, holding the door or chair for them as well, giving up his seat for them if there is not enough to go around, etc. (Being gracious / common sense / good manners.) None of that is done in a sexually flirtatious way, it's simply paying attention to what is going on around us. (Altho sometimes it can be misinterpreted - but that's a whole 'nother thread. )

Men - it's been said that if we want to see how a man will treat his wife - to watch how he treats his mother, sisters, daughters, aunts, nieces, other female relatives. In my experience - that has always held true.

I also believe that ladies should return the above behavior in kind, that men deserve to be treated just as well by their woman, to have us behave in ways that make them feel secure in the relationship as well.

--hide--

I love what you said Mary. So true. Although I do like to be called baby by that one special guy. Not by anyone else but just by him. lovestruck! Battling eyelashes Like you I am a one-man woman and think it so important to be the kind of woman that the man in your life can trust to love him as he deserves. They also deserve to feel safe, loved and admired too. Tobe able to trust the lady in their life to be completely honest and worthy of their trust. heart

Apr 30th 2013 new

Barbara,

I just love this quote! As I enter my sixth year of being single (and annulled), I believe all my dating experiences have been useful

(even the not-so-great ones) because all have taught me to remember to be myself and enjoy spending time with people. I can

honestly say it has taken me this long to re-become myself again and to not make apologies for what I enjoy doing in life. This past

Sunday, I took my soon to be 14 year old daughter (as part of her brithday celebration) to a matinee performance of Mozart's "The

Magic Flute" and we had so much fun! In the past, the men I dated never cared for this sort of thing and I was disappointed alot.

I have never been much of a "sport" person. When I married the first time, I never got to do fun stuff. What I now have learned is not

to repeat my mistakes! I intend to print and stick your quote on my bathroom mirror as a remiinder of what I deserve! Lol.

Thanks again!

Lois wave

Posts 1 - 10 of 60