Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site.

I have been unable to get girls to write back and engage in conversations. Not withstanding that many may not like the way I look, getting no responses in writing (many emoticons, no actual messages) is making the experience on catholic match a disappointing one. Any suggestions or is there a proper protocol that must be observed?

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been ...
(Quote) Albert-964084 said:

I have been unable to get girls to write back and engage in conversations. Not withstanding that many may not like the way I look, getting no responses in writing (many emoticons, no actual messages) is making the experience on catholic match a disappointing one. Any suggestions or is there a proper protocol that must be observed?

--hide--
First order of business -- welcome, Albert, to CM. You've already discovered the forums. As a new member, you'll find this a good way to get acquainted with others.

Now for your question, if you don't mind meddling from a member of the older set. The operative word here is PATIENCE. You are a new member. Allow some time to settle in, get acquainted with CM's features (dating "tools", if you will). Things just don't happen overnight, even though you are joining the cyberspace set. Some people are impatient and expect immediate results. It just doesn't happen that way.

As far as contacts with ladies of interest, feel free to contact as many as you wish. It's helpful if you send an emote to include a few words in the space allowed. Something gleaned from a woman's profile is a sign that you actually read it and found something you liked about it (her, too). Don't expect responses from everyone you contact. You might not be aware of it, but not everyone's profile will indicate that the person is an active (read: paying) member. It can be difficult to distinguish paying versus non-paying people, but with a little trial and error, you'll have better results.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Oh, and one more thing -- keep the face you have.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been ...

--hide--

Hi Albert, welcome to CM rose

Apr 30th 2013 new

Hi Albert!

I can tell you for me, I see an emote as a Hi. You say hi to me, I say hi back. If you want to engage in conversation give me something to respond to that will start the conversation. I

Also, I enjoy looking at pictures, but if there is a group picture of more than one man, I sometimes can't tell which person is the one in the profile. It's good to see you with family and friends having fun. Put captions with your pictures. Let people know what you are doing and who you are with. There is a picture of you cutting a cake. Is it a birthday or other celebration? There is a picture of you with 2 girls. Are they your nieces, daughters, sisters, ex-girlfriend and her friend? There are people that have pictures that are several years old. Make sure they are current. I'm not saying that your pictures have these things, I'm just telling you what I have noticed about other profiles.

You might want to mention what schools you went to. Can be something that you have in common with someone. From these forums, I started chatting with a woman that grew up in the same parish as my dad. Sometimes it's a small world. Anything worth while takes time. Good Luck!

Apr 30th 2013 new

--hide--

If you don't mind another suggestion from an "old timer"... the people in Florida have been quite active in planning events and group meet-ups lately... I'm not sure if they've actually had any yet, but there has been a lot of talk in the forums about them. Go to the forum room "Member Meet Ups" and look for discussion threads about potential gatherings in your area, and also watch the Events page for both local and national events that are planned by members. I just attended my 8th event this past weekend, and had a great time. I've met over 100 CMers by going to them.

Apr 30th 2013 new

It is my experience that most people on CatholicMatch do not believe in “Carpe Diem”.

May 1st 2013 new

--hide--

Hey Albert welcome to CM. May God give the the grace to have patience and pray for her - whoever and whereever she may be. Move on if you get no responses. Make is short and sweet . We are on God's timing not ours. I will pray for you (and everyone here).

We all are our greatest critics when it comes to our looks - our God is a God of beauty and we are His creation. Don't be too hard on your looks Albert. In the words of India.Arie laughing bear with me please, " When I look in the mirror the only one there is me. Every freckle on my face is where it's supposed to be. I know my Creator He made no mistakes on me. My feet, my eyes, my lips, my thighs - I'm loving what I see."

May 1st 2013 new

This is true.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: It is my experience that most people on CatholicMatch do not believe in “Carpe Diem”.
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

It is my experience that most people on CatholicMatch do not believe in “Carpe Diem”.

--hide--

I agree with Brett. People on this site are very hesitant to make a move.

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been unable...

--hide--

First order of business, as Ray said, is welcome to the Forums, Albert!

Next, pray. I have prayed on and off for many years for someone to come into my life.

I got a few pieces of correspondence today. This time, I make no judgement one way or the other how it is going to turn out, whether just friendly correspondence or more. In the past, I was so gung-ho that my first relationship would turn into marriage. This time, the time for me is simply, as they say, "let go and let God".
Posts 1 - 10 of 179