Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 30th 2013 new

Barbara,

Men will say right on to everything, but some women will take exception to the word "Baby" even if it is well intended. Men have to carefully choose every word they say, so as not to offend women, even if that takes some of the spontaneity out of the relationship a little bit. So yes, it is a beautiful. I like the bold part too.

Apr 30th 2013 new
Lovely. Except for the baby term, although I interpret this word in this saying as a term of endearment. So, we can work on a special term like that for me, if suggestion isn't quite the right fit. Jacques, I hope most women wouldn't take exception to any well intended term, but home the men would be open to kindly suggested alternatives.
Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Barbara~~~ you have such pretty color hair!Right on! Every man who is a real man
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Barbara~~~ you have such pretty color hair!

Right on! Every man who is a real man

--hide--

Thanks, Jane! Sigh,sometimes I feel like Diogenes, just looking for an honest man.

But I KNOW there are a few of them out there, and I only want one. biggrin And one for you.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-765906 said: Barbara, I just love this quote! As I enter my sixth year of being single (and annulled...
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

Barbara,

I just love this quote! As I enter my sixth year of being single (and annulled), I believe all my dating experiences have been useful

(even the not-so-great ones) because all have taught me to remember to be myself and enjoy spending time with people. I can

honestly say it has taken me this long to re-become myself again and to not make apologies for what I enjoy doing in life. This past

Sunday, I took my soon to be 14 year old daughter (as part of her brithday celebration) to a matinee performance of Mozart's "The

Magic Flute" and we had so much fun! In the past, the men I dated never cared for this sort of thing and I was disappointed alot.

I have never been much of a "sport" person. When I married the first time, I never got to do fun stuff. What I now have learned is not

to repeat my mistakes! I intend to print and stick your quote on my bathroom mirror as a remiinder of what I deserve! Lol.

Thanks again!

Lois

You're welcome, Lois! One of the unanticipated benefits of being a CM member has been all the lovely quotes and links other members have shared. Being on CM has become a means of strengthening my faith and my knowledge of the Magisterium (cough, Bernard and a few others!)

--hide--

Apr 30th 2013 new

Sorry, Lois, that didn't come through. I've enjoyed all the quotes and knowledgeable links other CM members have put on the fora. Its been one of the unanticipated benefits of CM membership, learning as we journey together. There's a remarkably smart bunch of people on CM, I'm grateful to hang out with such a nice crowd!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacques-961161 said: Barbara,Men will say right on to everything, but some women will take exception to the ...
(Quote) Jacques-961161 said:

Barbara,

Men will say right on to everything, but some women will take exception to the word "Baby" even if it is well intended. Men have to carefully choose every word they say, so as not to offend women, even if that takes some of the spontaneity out of the relationship a little bit. So yes, it is a beautiful. I like the bold part too.

--hide--

I agree with you Jacques about using Baby as a pet name. Terms are only endearing if they are reserved for that special someone. My suggestion is men should generally refrain from using a pet name unless it is sincerely just meant for that special lady. Lady rhymes with baby, but for me lady is more complimentary. Sincerity is important. You get a Gold Star!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Lovely. Except for the baby term, although I interpret this word in this saying as a term of endearm...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Lovely. Except for the baby term, although I interpret this word in this saying as a term of endearment. So, we can work on a special term like that for me, if suggestion isn't quite the right fit. Jacques, I hope most women wouldn't take exception to any well intended term, but home the men would be open to kindly suggested alternatives.
--hide--

Hi Elizabeth,

I have to disagree with you this ONE time. I LOVE for my man to call me baby. 'Makes me feel special. loved and papmpered. I am just that type of woman. A bit insecure...no doubt. wave heart goldfish wink

Apr 30th 2013 new

Yes, I will take one of those biggrin

Apr 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi Elizabeth,I have to disagree with you this ONE time. I LOVE for my man to call me ba...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Elizabeth,

I have to disagree with you this ONE time. I LOVE for my man to call me baby. 'Makes me feel special. loved and papmpered. I am just that type of woman. A bit insecure...no doubt.

--hide--
No insecurities. maybe I could appreciate the term. Quite frankly I can't think of anyone i dated calling me that or something similar. (Babe, honey, etc)
Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learne...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to compromise my faith, 2) trust my instincts, and 3) there are a lot of nice guys out there. One of them is just right for me.... A friend sent this to me on Facebook. I liked it so much, I put it on my CM profile. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Every woman deserves a man who calls her baby
Kisses her like he means it
Holds her like he never wants to let her go
Doesn’t cheat or lie
Wipes her tears when she cries
Doesn’t make her jealous of other women
Instead makes other women jealous of her
Is not scared to let his friends know how he really feels about her
And lets her know how much he loves her.

--hide--

I like it. It's very nice.

Posts 11 - 20 of 60