Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Hello CM world-

I've been divorced for nearly 7 years, actively dated for 5. Everyone I've dated possessed the proverbial "deal-breaker" for me. Quite possibly, I was not ready to date. I've been 'on hiatus' for 2 years and even though I do miss having another half, I have difficulty envisioning sharing my space with someone. Has anyone else been through this phenomenon?

Pam

Apr 28 new

Pam, I think you will find that most single-again people struggle with this question. We may truly treasure the freedom that we are experiencing, especially if we were in a long-term marriage & now have an empty nest. Yet, on the other hand, it sure would be nice to be part of a loving couple, that is appealing, too. I keep asking God to show me His will for my life. theheart

Apr 29 new

I question myself all the time. Now that my children are getting older (my youngest is 16 now), I feel like I should develop more friendships and be open to the possibility of another relationship. However, I like my autonomy and the freedom that I have. I have not dated at all for about 10 years. I had a special relationship when I was first divorced, and he was wonderful to me and my kids, but we were at diffent points in life and it didn't work out. My kids liked him, and when we stopped seeing each other, I felt it was another loss to my kids. I think I would like to just take it slow, make a friend, go once in awhile, and let it go where it will. In time, I think maybe there would be more with the right person. If that came to pass, I would rather get a new "space" to live in that would be for the two of us, not my space.

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Marianne-358896 said: ..... I like my autonomy and the freedom that I have. I think I would like to just take it slo...
(Quote) Marianne-358896 said:

..... I like my autonomy and the freedom that I have. I think I would like to just take it slow, make a friend, go once in awhile, and let it go where it will. In time, I think maybe there would be more with the right person. If that came to pass, I would rather get a new "space" to live in that would be for the two of us, not my space.

--hide--

I agree Marianne,. ...well said.

May 01 new
May 01 new
Pam, have you ever read the book boundaries in dating ? It's very good ! Author Cloud & Townsend .
May 01 new

(Quote) Steven-928693 said: Pam, have you ever read the book boundaries in dating ? It's very good ! Author Cloud & Townsen...
(Quote) Steven-928693 said: Pam, have you ever read the book boundaries in dating ? It's very good ! Author Cloud & Townsend .
--hide--

Steven, I agree that that book is very good.

In addition, Rose Sweet's Dear God, Please Send Me a Soulmate

Neil Clark Warren's Finding the Love of Your Life

The Evert's How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul

May 01 new

Living autonomously creates a pre-condition of "my space" ... living as a single person. We've created a space where everything in it more or less defines us as a single personality.

When we meet someone special and want to be with them, we become a couple and start to share the inner space of the heart. That condition allows us to consider creating a space together. The outer physical reality only matches the inner reality. So, I don't think anyone who has created their world/space/lifestyle, so to speak, can change how they truly define it until the heart-space changes. IMHO... :-)

May 02 new

Pam-

I go through this as well. We get comfortable in our "own little world". Take your time, and enjoy the company of others.

Tammy

May 02 new

I haven't Stephen, but I will look that one up. Thanks!

Posts 1 - 10 of 19