Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

Hi, Richard. Yes, I do believe that should my annulment decision be affirmative and if it is God's will, I will find a wonderful spouse. I have some qualifiers there though. Both of them have to do with obedience and acceptance of God's will for my life. I know it is the same for you.

If God wants you to be married, and you cooperate with His graces, you will be married. There is a really good book: "Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence". I think TAN publishes it. If we 'roll' with life, doing the best we can each day, God will take care of things. He is actively involved in our lives.
May 2nd 2013 new

Richard, we must all try and stay optimistic. It is easy to get discouraged, but I try to think of other areas of my life where God has been faithful in giving me what I need. I realize I am single due to my own mistakes in judgement and I try to learn from those. I Pray that God send you people into your life, whether relationships or friends, to help you to grow in your faith and as a person. Hopefully through that, you will meet the right lady. God Bless!

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Hi, Richard. Yes, I do believe that should my annulment decision be affirmative and if it is God&#...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Hi, Richard. Yes, I do believe that should my annulment decision be affirmative and if it is God's will, I will find a wonderful spouse. I have some qualifiers there though. Both of them have to do with obedience and acceptance of God's will for my life. I know it is the same for you.

If God wants you to be married, and you cooperate with His graces, you will be married. There is a really good book: "Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence". I think TAN publishes it. If we 'roll' with life, doing the best we can each day, God will take care of things. He is actively involved in our lives.
--hide--

You have a deep and abiding faith, Meg .. I am sure it will serve you well along life's journey ...

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...

--hide--

For many years, I have a feeling God is holding someone for me. God has placed this desire in my heart. He seems a very real person for me, I pray for him, for his well being, for him to appreciate everything I am, for him not to come to me soon... I think God is polishing me and making me very appreciative and thankful for him when I meet him!! heart

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Frances-955369 said: Richard, we must all try and stay optimistic. It is easy to get discouraged, but I try to think...
(Quote) Frances-955369 said:

Richard, we must all try and stay optimistic. It is easy to get discouraged, but I try to think of other areas of my life where God has been faithful in giving me what I need. I realize I am single due to my own mistakes in judgement and I try to learn from those. I Pray that God send you people into your life, whether relationships or friends, to help you to grow in your faith and as a person. Hopefully through that, you will meet the right lady. God Bless!

--hide--

Hi Frances ... Yes, mistakes in judgment have been a big factor for many of us ... I am no exception, for sure ... But, here's hoping God sends us all some good chances to turn things around ..

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: You have a deep and abiding faith, Meg .. I am sure it will serve you well along life's journey .....

You have a deep and abiding faith, Meg .. I am sure it will serve you well along life's journey ...

--hide--

Oh, thanks Richard. I have just had enough 2 x 4's hit me up side the head that I have learned I am not in charge. My chess game didn't work.

scratchchin

With every single significant event though, I can see reasons, blessings, bail outs, damage control and...the more I look at things through those eyes, the more I see His Hand in it all. It really is amazing.

Writing a gratitude list every single morning, even listing things perceived as negative, has a tremendous impact on outlook.
May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: For many years, I have a feeling God is holding someone for me. God has placed th...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

For many years, I have a feeling God is holding someone for me. God has placed this desire in my heart. He seems a very real person for me, I pray for him, for his well being, for him to appreciate everything I am, for him not to come to me soon... I think God is polishing me and making me very appreciative and thankful for him when I meet him!!

--hide--

That's a very nice outlook, Sol ... But I suspect you don't need much more polishing .. Hope your guy comes to you soon ...... I,on the other hand, coul use more polish but dont have that much time for it to happen - LOL!

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: For many years, I have a feeling God is holding someone for me. God has placed th...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

For many years, I have a feeling God is holding someone for me. God has placed this desire in my heart. He seems a very real person for me, I pray for him, for his well being, for him to appreciate everything I am, for him not to come to me soon... I think God is polishing me and making me very appreciative and thankful for him when I meet him!!

--hide--

That's a very nice outlook, Sol ... But I suspect you don't need much more polishing .. Hope your guy comes to you soon ...... I,on the other hand, coul use more polish but dont have that much time for it to happen - LOL!

May 2nd 2013 new

I don't think I would have this feeling--at this stage in my life!--that is so strong to get married again, if God didn't have it in His perfect plan for me. But I have to realize that this may be just my human desire. I keep asking God to show me His will unmistakably & so I will trust that He will do so. I believe I still have some good years left in my life & I would like to share a lot of love with the right person.

Posts 1 - 10 of 186