Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

I would advise you or anyone who is suffering to try to take joy in the smallest things. That is a good place to start. Feeling grateful in those small things is a start toward many areas where we can build something. It is a mental/emotional/spiritual exercise that I have to do right this minute because I am struggling right at this moment but it helps me to orient myself into the outlook where I function best and where God can help me and work with me best.

So giving thanks for the small stuff is a starting point and can sometimes turn our thoughts around toward a positive action. Sometimes it is us who has to do the reaching out toward another person.

May 3rd 2013 new
Wow...I have been thinking along these lines for about a week now! After having to plan a baby shower for a coworker(10 years younger than me) I started to feel like life is passing me by and wondering if there really is someone out there meant for me. Like others have said, I can't imagine God would have put these strong desires on my heart to be a wife and mother if he didn't mean for them to be fulfilled, but sometimes I get impatient...I guess I will just keep praying for him (whoever/ wherever he is!) like I have for the past 18 years or so, and that both of us will grow in our love for God so that we are able to build upon that foundation for our love for each other in marriage.
May 3rd 2013 new

The logical, cynical slant within me says no. And if the answer turns out to be no, well, I'm actually not to hung up on that. It just means I'm likely to die in some seedy resthome, or on the floor of my kitchen in my 80s where I lay there undiscovered for a few weeks until the neighbours ring the cops about the stench.

There will be a workable cat door....

From a religious/spiritual slant I like to think yes, but the longer I wait, the more I see how men treat me in particular, I do think "perhaps that's God's way of saying you're meant to be a nun".

Either or, I'm not to bothered. I'm happy with my own company. I'd be happy married. I'd be happy as a nun. I'd be happy as a hobo sleeping under a bridge. Its all about attitude.

May 3rd 2013 new

I posted the following post (which I need to edit) in a different thread in the Prayer and Support room.

80 minutes ago

I believe in both prayer and in action. I think we have to present our petitions to the Lord but also work on our relationship with God in our prayer too. Adoration is one way to work on our relationship with Jesus and the Trinity. I think that prayer and relationship is something that develops in a multifaceted way. For example reading what the saints have to say about God can enhance our praying to Him and understanding of how to contemplate Him. Contemplation in front of the Blessed Sacrament is very healing. I recommend it and I am talking to myself as I write this too.

I think that when we do things(action) to try to help our situation in one or another way, combine it with prayer, we can have the best outcome. I am not saying God gives us what we want when we pray, I am saying that He can teach us through all things that come our way; We need to get into ongoing conversation with Him. One activity we should pursue is learning what He is trying to teach us. I don't know how else to express all of this. I think prayer is a deep internal process, and in and through it we can get closer to God.

I think I learned a lot about prayer through the 54 day novenas I have done here with the people on this site. Being in community, saying the rosary daily and meditating this way has been a great experience. I think God teaches us a lot through our prayers with Him. I was not one to log on to check the rosary thread- It just was not my style- I was content to say the prayers daily and just know others were joining in.

Many of us singles are praying for a spouse, for health issues, for emotional healing and for jobs and so on. Many of us live with uncertainty. It is this uncertainty that we must bring with us as we go into prayer and it is this uncertainty that we must lift up to HIM.

Then we have to add action. Any kind of reaching out to meet someone or going somewhere new where we could bump into someone would constitute an action.

May 3rd 2013 new

Everytime I ask my Magic 8 Ball if I will find my match, it tells me "Outlook not so good".

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Hi, Richard. Yes, I do believe that should my annulment decision be affirmative and if it is God's will...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Hi, Richard. Yes, I do believe that should my annulment decision be affirmative and if it is God's will, I will find a wonderful spouse. I have some qualifiers there though. Both of them have to do with obedience and acceptance of God's will for my life. I know it is the same for you.

If God wants you to be married, and you cooperate with His graces, you will be married. There is a really good book: "Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence". I think TAN publishes it. If we 'roll' with life, doing the best we can each day, God will take care of things. He is actively involved in our lives.
--hide--

I have that book somewhere in my apartment but have not read it. I'll have to find it now and read it.

Yes Richard, I believe I will find my match. Believe it or not, even am my age, I feel I haven't been ready, and that's why it hasn't happened yet. In my ming and heart, I know there is a reason why I am still single. We grow and change all the time, and in hind sight, if I had married when I was younger I'm not convinced it would have worked out because I needed work. I have faith that God knows what he's doing and things will happen in his own time.

Have faith Richard.
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Brett-848238 said: Everytime I ask my Magic 8 Ball if I will find my match, it tells me "Outlook not so good".
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

Everytime I ask my Magic 8 Ball if I will find my match, it tells me "Outlook not so good".

--hide--

Then stop looking at the magic 8 ball Brett.
May 3rd 2013 new

Richard,

In response to your question - no, if I keep having birthdays. laughing

I am not "hung up" on my personal age. It is what it is. However, I do not feel it would be in my best interests or hers to become romantically involved in someone 15 to 20 years younger or 10 years older.

I am fortunate to have a good happy life. That happy life would be complemented greatly if a strong faith-based Catholic woman entered my life. That would be the ultimate scenario.

Although I feel I have a good relationship with Our Blessed Lord, He is not going to bring someone to my door, ring the bell and say "here she is". I feel He expects us to do that on our own. When it involves interpersonal relationships with others, He gives us a brain to think with and reason. We don't live by instinct. We can't expect Him to do everything for us. I need His help in gaining eternal salvation. I need Him to help me carry my cross when life makes a wrong turn. That includes illness and any crisis that may occur. I am too weak to do those things on my own.

In short, I can't sit in an easy chair and wait for Him to intervene. He is telling me "if I want it, get out there and do it".

Just my opinion,

By the way, I hope life has gotten better for you considering your unfortunate happenings with the break ins.

God bless you now and always. Praying Praying Praying

Leon

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

Hello Richard. To be honest, I do not really spend much time dwelling on it. I do not feel drawn to wasting time hoping I will meet someone. If it happens, it happens. If not, this is more than alright.

May 3rd 2013 new

carol I am with you on this one. I just keep praying that God will send me one if it is according to his will.

Posts 21 - 30 of 186