Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Plan B made more accessible

May 4th 2013 new

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already. It really bothers me that this passed - it is now more available to those who are at least 15 years old and no prescriptions are needed. Human traffickers, pimps, pedophiles and big pharma - rejoice! I think there has been an appeal filed.

I have met a young man a few weeks ago who is part of the anti-human trafficking (non profit) group in our area - and the stories that he shared were shocking - maybe I am naive, but I didn't realize how much under age girls in our area are exploited by human trafficking. I think Big Pharma lobbyist has such a big influence in this and it's ridiculous how much power they have. It also is an attack on human dignity , on a woman's dignity for this culture to dictate that taking these drugs will make their troubles go away. It flies in the face of chastity.

I am just scared for the young girls in this country today and the way the culture is "setting them up". But there is hope - formation is so critical in a young person's life - and what better to foster a healthy formation than to be in a family with a strong moral compass and in particular Catholic families. As one body (of Christ) , this is a challenge that we face but we can do this - one person at a time. I have hope. I know some are saying they don't to get involved in politics and Church and State needs to be separated but it's issues like this that drags me out in the Public Square and if there is a way for me or us help out, I'm all for it.

www.womenofgrace.com

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: I'm sorry if this has been discussed already. It really bothers me that this passed ...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already. It really bothers me that this passed - it is now more available to those who are at least 15 years old and no prescriptions are needed. Human traffickers, pimps, pedophiles and big pharma - rejoice! I think there has been an appeal filed.

I have met a young man a few weeks ago who is part of the anti-human trafficking (non profit) group in our area - and the stories that he shared were shocking - maybe I am naive, but I didn't realize how much under age girls in our area are exploited by human trafficking. I think Big Pharma lobbyist has such a big influence in this and it's ridiculous how much power they have. It also is an attack on human dignity , on a woman's dignity for this culture to dictate that taking these drugs will make their troubles go away. It flies in the face of chastity.

I am just scared for the young girls in this country today and the way the culture is "setting them up". But there is hope - formation is so critical in a young person's life - and what better to foster a healthy formation than to be in a family with a strong moral compass and in particular Catholic families. As one body (of Christ) , this is a challenge that we face but we can do this - one person at a time. I have hope. I know some are saying they don't to get involved in politics and Church and State needs to be separated but it's issues like this that drags me out in the Public Square and if there is a way for me or us help out, I'm all for it.

www.womenofgrace.com

--hide--

Well, I share your sorrow. This administration is going crazy with passing things. Kids who take that pill will have no remorse
about what they are doing or about to do. It makes things so easy for them.

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: I'm sorry if this has been discussed already. It really bothers me that this passed ...

www.womenofgrace.com

--hide--

During the last election liberals focused on the "War on Women" by the conservative party. What is happening now is truly a War on Women, emotionally and physically. A truly sad time in America. Many years down the line we will see the devastating affects.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: there is hope - formation is so critical in a young person's life - and what better to foster...

there is hope - formation is so critical in a young person's life - and what better to foster a healthy formation than to be in a family with a strong moral compass and in particular Catholic families. As one body (of Christ) , this is a challenge that we face but we can do this - one person at a time. I have hope. I know some are saying they don't to get involved in politics and Church and State needs to be separated but it's issues like this that drags me out in the Public Square and if there is a way for me or us help out, I'm all for it.

www.womenofgrace.com

--hide--

Reena, there is always hope because anything is possible with God. But....

you have hope because you are counting on our young women/girls having a strong formation in a family with a strong moral compass and Catholic families?

Keep in mind a HUGE portion of our very own "Catholics" voted in a man last fall who is VERY anti-scriptural. A man who wrote a health plan that is forcing Christians/Catholics to offer services against their religious beliefs. A man who is attacking our religious liberties. Our Catholic Church spoke out to it's flock and asked it to stand strong for religious freedom. What did "Catholics" overall do? They voted the very anti-scriptural, anti-religious freedom man back into office. Or, if they didn't directly vote for him, they indirectly voted for him by not getting out and voting. These non-voters didn't have the self-determination to take a stance. Our religious freedom wasn't important enough for them to show up at the election booth last fall.

So all these Catholics (pro- anti-scriptural candidate and Luke-Warm Catholics about religious liberty) are the ones you are counting on to give our young girls/women a strong moral compass? And A LOT of Catholics voted for him, so that means A LOT of families are raising their young girls with values what went against what our Church asked us to stand for (Stand Up for Religious Liberties). That's not hope, that's scary. sorry So the notion that anti-scriptural actions are continuing and even being extended (plan B), is no surprise. THIS is what a large percentage of Catholics voted for. We've only just seen the beginning of it all.

Yet I am glad when one of these situations gets a Catholic fired up and calls her/him to action. God Bless you in the path you are being led down (as a warrior for Christ and His Church). Go USA Praying

May 5th 2013 new

www.womenofgrace.com

--hide--
This proposition is truly scary. Efforts have been made to allow teenagers to have abortions without parental consent, now we have the Plan B pill, available to teens, again without parental consent.

A fallacy, from a medical viewpoint, is that parents are responsible for their children. With every medical procedure or medication, there is risk involved -- side-effects, allergic reactions, and so on. Government laws allow the procedures to take place, or certain meds available, but don't assume any responsibility should something go wrong. It's then up to the parents who aren't even aware of what happened, to handle their daughters' medical situations. What happens when a young girl isn't able to communicate the information because of being unconscious? How do parents even guess at what is happening?

I'm not sure about the pharmacy lobby being the primary force behind this. Consider the fact that many pharmacists have refused to fill prescriptions for the Plan B pill because it violates their conscience. The main forces have been pro-abortion and "feminist" groups, such as Planned Parenthood.

The word "woman" was used to describe 15 year olds in Obama's speech. Not so. At 15 year old is still a girl, still maturing, and is not considered an adult.

More scary -- some groups want this pill to be available to "women" of ANY age. Some are advocating that it be available to girls as young as 12-13.

You also mentioned the human-trafficking problem. It's likely more widespread than people can imagine. It happens to young girls, especially runaways, or for some reason are left homeless. They are easy prey --naive, scared, broke and hungry -- and plain desperate. I'm sure more information about this will be forthcoming. So far the secret has been hidden pretty well -- for obvious reasons.

There aren't enough Christian voices to protest all of this -- we've been too silent too long. And...we have a political administration that is bending with the wind when it comes to moral issues. Our opinions should be submitted to our respective congressmen and senators.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: I have met a young man a few weeks ago who is part of the anti-human traffickin...

I have met a young man a few weeks ago who is part of the anti-human trafficking (non profit) group in our area - and the stories that he shared were shocking - maybe I am naive, but I didn't realize how much under age girls in our area are exploited by human trafficking.

--hide--

I have a long commute to/from work and listen to a lot of radio. One benefit of listening to Catholic/Christian stations, I am aware of the HUGE problem America has with sex-trafficking. On the other hand, if someone listens to the regular stations (or watches our regular channels on t.v.) they wouldn't really know it's an active problem, a situation in crisis.

Did you know our very own Super Bowl is a hot spot for men to buy sex with young girls (ages 12-14)?

www.nola.com

fox2now.com

How about the Kentucky Derby?

www.courier-journal.com

Top 3 facts from an article on human trafficking:

There are more people in slavery now than at any other time in human history.
More people are enslaved worldwide than ever before. In its 400 years, the transatlantic slave trade is estimated to have shipped up to 12 million Africans to various colonies in the West. Free the Slaves estimates that the number of peoplecurrently in slavery today is at least 27 million. (Disposable People, 1999) Slavery still exists in the United States.
According to the CIA, more than one million people are currently being trafficked within the United States and that number is growing. Estimates by the U.S. State Department suggest that up to an additional 17,500 trafficking victims are brought into the US every year. (California Department of Social Services,www.cdss.ca.gov Not all trafficking victims in the United States are from foreign countries.
An estimated 100,000 children in the U.S. today are domestic victims of sex trafficking—primarily adolescent girls between the ages of 12 and 16. (Polaris Project, www.polarisproject.org
ywca-sv.org

Maybe America needs to gets it's head out of all it's technology (how many times do you see people with their faces glued to their screens), reduce it's very busy, busy, lifestyle, turn off secular media, and get back on God's chosen path for us, otherwise we'll never recognize the morally downward spiral we really are on.
And ladies, we've contributed to this moral decline. We let someone talk us (as a gender) into thinking a woman's choice was the way to live our lives. That having sex outside of marriage would be a good thing (heck, you don't need to marry a man, you can be like a man (so we were told) and just enjoy the sex without the commitment). How's that worked for us? We were told we could be in charge of our bodies, and have the sex without the "burden" of becoming pregnant, so we (as a gender) started taking birth control pills? How's that worked for us? Then, when the birth control didn't work, we were told (actually, completely lied to) that we could just get rid of the blob of cells, that it was our RIGHT and choice to do so. How's that worked for us? We've been a slave to fashions, thinking we were in control, when instead we've slowly, yet regularly, been led down a path that has us dressed as though we could be one of the working girls in the movie Pretty Woman, or in the sex trafficking ring. I mean, yoga pants? Really ladies? We've been led around like lemmings for the past many years, and now many men (not all, but quiet a few) view us as sex objects, for their pleasure. And it's now gone the route of them lusting after our young daughters, and actually getting them via the sex trade.
Ladies. We've been had. We need to go back to scripture, be the strong, faithful women God intended us to be (Proverbs 31) and work side-by-side with Godly, faithful men to bring back traditional views, traditional marriage, love and respect for others and ourselves.
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: I have a long commute to/from work and listen to a lot of radio. One benefit of list...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

I have a long commute to/from work and listen to a lot of radio. One benefit of listening to Catholic/Christian stations, I am aware of the HUGE problem America has with sex-trafficking. On the other hand, if someone listens to the regular stations (or watches our regular channels on t.v.) they wouldn't really know it's an active problem, a situation in crisis.

Did you know our very own Super Bowl is a hot spot for men to buy sex with young girls (ages 12-14)?

www.nola.com

fox2now.com

How about the Kentucky Derby?

www.courier-journal.com

Top 3 facts from an article on human trafficking:

There are more people in slavery now than at any other time in human history.
More people are enslaved worldwide than ever before. In its 400 years, the transatlantic slave trade is estimated to have shipped up to 12 million Africans to various colonies in the West. Free the Slaves estimates that the number of peoplecurrently in slavery today is at least 27 million. (Disposable People, 1999) Slavery still exists in the United States.
According to the CIA, more than one million people are currently being trafficked within the United States and that number is growing. Estimates by the U.S. State Department suggest that up to an additional 17,500 trafficking victims are brought into the US every year. (California Department of Social Services,www.cdss.ca.gov Not all trafficking victims in the United States are from foreign countries.
An estimated 100,000 children in the U.S. today are domestic victims of sex trafficking—primarily adolescent girls between the ages of 12 and 16. (Polaris Project, www.polarisproject.org
ywca-sv.org

Maybe America needs to gets it's head out of all it's technology (how many times do you see people with their faces glued to their screens), reduce it's very busy, busy, lifestyle, turn off secular media, and get back on God's chosen path for us, otherwise we'll never recognize the morally downward spiral we really are on.
And ladies, we've contributed to this moral decline. We let someone talk us (as a gender) into thinking a woman's choice was the way to live our lives. That having sex outside of marriage would be a good thing (heck, you don't need to marry a man, you can be like a man (so we were told) and just enjoy the sex without the commitment). How's that worked for us? We were told we could be in charge of our bodies, and have the sex without the "burden" of becoming pregnant, so we (as a gender) started taking birth control pills? How's that worked for us? Then, when the birth control didn't work, we were told (actually, completely lied to) that we could just get rid of the blob of cells, that it was our RIGHT and choice to do so. How's that worked for us? We've been a slave to fashions, thinking we were in control, when instead we've slowly, yet regularly, been led down a path that has us dressed as though we could be one of the working girls in the movie Pretty Woman, or in the sex trafficking ring. I mean, yoga pants? Really ladies? We've been led around like lemmings for the past many years, and now many men (not all, but quiet a few) view us as sex objects, for their pleasure. And it's now gone the route of them lusting after our young daughters, and actually getting them via the sex trade.
Ladies. We've been had. We need to go back to scripture, be the strong, faithful women God intended us to be (Proverbs 31) and work side-by-side with Godly, faithful men to bring back traditional views, traditional marriage, love and respect for others and ourselves.

--hide--

Amen to that, Sis! Praying

I see the family as the Domestic Church and if we start off with strong families , the children from the families will be better equipped with life because they have a solid formation. The runaways that you mentioned - more than likely they did not have a good family life which is why they ran away to begin with . These kids are fed with lies about the culture of what they should do and not do etc. It will be good the next generation. The people of GRACE network (the non profit I was talking about) said that most of the teens they help are runaways and yes they are Americans - they can't do this alone and I do want to help out however I can. Which is why, again, it has to start by building stronger families - no matter who is in the White House, to keep these kids from going astray and from being exploited.

It feels like I am swimming upriver sometimes. I am happy to hear that there is someone out there that has some sense to appeal this Plan B decision. Yes it is scary but I have hope.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This proposition is truly scary. Efforts have been made to allow teenagers to have abortions withou...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This proposition is truly scary. Efforts have been made to allow teenagers to have abortions without parental consent, now we have the Plan B pill, available to teens, again without parental consent.

A fallacy, from a medical viewpoint, is that parents are responsible for their children. With every medical procedure or medication, there is risk involved -- side-effects, allergic reactions, and so on. Government laws allow the procedures to take place, or certain meds available, but don't assume any responsibility should something go wrong. It's then up to the parents who aren't even aware of what happened, to handle their daughters' medical situations. What happens when a young girl isn't able to communicate the information because of being unconscious? How do parents even guess at what is happening?

I'm not sure about the pharmacy lobby being the primary force behind this. Consider the fact that many pharmacists have refused to fill prescriptions for the Plan B pill because it violates their conscience. The main forces have been pro-abortion and "feminist" groups, such as Planned Parenthood.

The word "woman" was used to describe 15 year olds in Obama's speech. Not so. At 15 year old is still a girl, still maturing, and is not considered an adult.

More scary -- some groups want this pill to be available to "women" of ANY age. Some are advocating that it be available to girls as young as 12-13.

You also mentioned the human-trafficking problem. It's likely more widespread than people can imagine. It happens to young girls, especially runaways, or for some reason are left homeless. They are easy prey --naive, scared, broke and hungry -- and plain desperate. I'm sure more information about this will be forthcoming. So far the secret has been hidden pretty well -- for obvious reasons.

There aren't enough Christian voices to protest all of this -- we've been too silent too long. And...we have a political administration that is bending with the wind when it comes to moral issues. Our opinions should be submitted to our respective congressmen and senators.

--hide--

Hello Ray - I'm sorry for the confusion . By saying Big Pharma, I did not mean the pharmacists but rather the Pharmaceutical companies who has deep pockets to lobby Washington. I did not dig deep but I did a quick google search and the manufacturer of Blan B is a company called Teva (ironically based in Israel) . They spent $5.7M lobbying Washington on 2011 and 2012 according to this article : www.usnews.com

For those who are into the stock market - if they have Teva stocks - their portfolio will look really good. I don't think I can buy Teva stocks in good conscience.

You are so right on about that medical fallacy. I can't remember the details but I have a friend who shared that in WA State, I might be getting this muddled, but in son's school - the school is not even required to let him know if their son wanted some prescription medication for something. I can't remember the details - that is just bizzare. It undercuts parenthood . But is not longer a big surprise in this country lately :(.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Well, I share your sorrow. This administration is going crazy with passing things. Kid...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Well, I share your sorrow. This administration is going crazy with passing things. Kids who take that pill will have no remorse
about what they are doing or about to do. It makes things so easy for them.

--hide--

Hello Marianne. If I remmeber correctly, and this was back in, I want to say 10 years ago, it costs the FDA $500M to study a drug before they put it out in the market. I think now these pharmaceutical companies has found a way to still market it anyway legally, without having FDA approval . So these Pharmaceutical companies will buy these ad agencies to market their product. Our girls consume it and then they have side effects from it.

I remember watching a pill ad and my little brother (he's in highschool) was with me. The ad started rambling off about the side effects and I think my brother said "Well why would they want to take this pill if you "fix a" but get "b-z" side effects? " I said to him "Because these ad tell these girls that there is something wrong with their body when in truth it is all very natural, but these ads make them think that it's not and they have to take these pills because there is something wrong with them. It's very deceptive."

Brother: That's stupid. (I hope I'm planting some seeds) biggrin

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hello Marianne. If I remmeber correctly, and this was back in, I want to say 10 years ag...

Hello Marianne. If I remmeber correctly, and this was back in, I want to say 10 years ago, it costs the FDA $500M to study a drug before they put it out in the market. I think now these pharmaceutical companies has found a way to still market it anyway legally, without having FDA approval . So these Pharmaceutical companies will buy these ad agencies to market their product. Our girls consume it and then they have side effects from it.

I remember watching a pill ad and my little brother (he's in highschool) was with me. The ad started rambling off about the side effects and I think my brother said "Well why would they want to take this pill if you "fix a" but get "b-z" side effects? " I said to him "Because these ad tell these girls that there is something wrong with their body when in truth it is all very natural, but these ads make them think that it's not and they have to take these pills because there is something wrong with them. It's very deceptive."

Brother: That's stupid. (I hope I'm planting some seeds)

--hide--

And I don't think a teenager will wonder if the pill is harming them. They just want the convenience.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10