Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Profile photo problems

May 5th 2013 new

So I'm back again, and I finally have a new photo I like enough to use as a profile photo (about time too, I've been using the old one for more than a year). The problem is, every time I try to update it, it doesn't go through. The first time I tried it, it got cropped funny (probably because the cropping tool doesn't seem to work on whatever computer I use), so I tried again. After several hours, it would just change to some random photo in my album that I didn't like. I tried reuploading it in different formats, with the proper settings, and the same thing would happen. So I just got rid of the photos it would change to, and when I logged on today, I ended up with no profile photo at all. The strange thing is... I noticed a few others that had profile photos now have them missing too.

I have no idea what you're seeing now. Hopefully it's the pic from when I was doing a medieval re-enactment (which I really want for the photo since it also says something about my interests and can act as both a filter and a conversation starter).

So is this a technical issue? Or is someone just giving me a hard time? Because honestly I don't see what's offensive or wrong about a photo which shows my shoulders wearing medieval armor (actually Gondorian armor from LOTR for you nerds out there).

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Robert-834944 said: So I'm back again, and I finally have a new photo I like enough to use as a profile photo (a...
(Quote) Robert-834944 said:

So I'm back again, and I finally have a new photo I like enough to use as a profile photo (about time too, I've been using the old one for more than a year). The problem is, every time I try to update it, it doesn't go through. The first time I tried it, it got cropped funny (probably because the cropping tool doesn't seem to work on whatever computer I use), so I tried again. After several hours, it would just change to some random photo in my album that I didn't like. I tried reuploading it in different formats, with the proper settings, and the same thing would happen. So I just got rid of the photos it would change to, and when I logged on today, I ended up with no profile photo at all. The strange thing is... I noticed a few others that had profile photos now have them missing too.

I have no idea what you're seeing now. Hopefully it's the pic from when I was doing a medieval re-enactment (which I really want for the photo since it also says something about my interests and can act as both a filter and a conversation starter).

So is this a technical issue? Or is someone just giving me a hard time? Because honestly I don't see what's offensive or wrong about a photo which shows my shoulders wearing medieval armor (actually Gondorian armor from LOTR for you nerds out there).

--hide--

Robert, i'll try and help here but you'll get better advice from one of the Staff. The way it works i believe is that when you change your profile pic, you can see the change", but only when it's reviewed by the Staff will it show to other CM members.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Robert, i'll try and help here but you'll get better advice from one of the Staff...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Robert, i'll try and help here but you'll get better advice from one of the Staff. The way it works i believe is that when you change your profile pic, you can see the change", but only when it's reviewed by the Staff will it show to other CM members.

--hide--

Thanks. At least that's good to know. I guess I'll refrain from contacting people till it's up then lol! But I am inclined to think the issue is more widespread than myself. I'm seeing quite a few users with no profile photos on my home page, more than usual anyway and including one girl who I know just a few days ago had a profile photo. Or it could just be a coincidence.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Robert-834944 said: So I'm back again, and I finally have a new photo I like enough to use as a profile photo (a...
(Quote) Robert-834944 said:

--hide--

Hi Robert

Welcome back rose

This is my personal experience: After uploading and saving your new profile photo, refresh the page or log out and log in again; then you will see your new profile photo.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4