Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately????

Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen System (blender, food processeor etc)....

I dislike ones that have to many parts or are not dishwasher safe....ugh!!!

May 5th 2013 new

I love my mini-Cuisinart food processor. I started using it for baby food and since then use it almost daily for chopping veggies for dinner, making salsa, pureeing strawberries to put in my lemonade, grinding egg shells for my garden, turning stale bread into bread crumbs. It's the only thing that I don't think I could live without! Except maybe my coffee pot, but then again, there is always Starbucks!

May 5th 2013 new

I like my Ninja blender, but I really really like my Ninja 3-in-1 Cooker. It can be used as an oven, stovetop, and steamer. It's really great for single living. Today I roasted a pork tenderloin in it, cleaned it up, then and steam baked a half dozen peanutbutter chocolate muffins.

May 6th 2013 new

Love my Kitchen Aid mixer used it yesterday when I made oatmeal raisin cookies

Rarely use my Cuisinart any more

May 6th 2013 new

My KitchenAid mixer and my Jack Lalanne juicer. I am a kitchen gadget junky. You name it and I probably treated myself to it for Christmas, a birthday, a good bonus, whatever excuse I could think of. laughing laughing

Least favorite is my Breville Pie Maker. It only works well when you use frozen pre-made dough eyepopping ( they tell you that in the instructions and I thought that they we kidding but they are not. boggled ) I prefer to use homemade dough for pies so I have been trying to figure out to be able to do with not so good results. I even tried freezing precut homemade dough shapes. Still a disaster irked I bought is as I liked the concept of making mini-pies and giving everone their favorite pie but I guess that will ony be a pipe dream. Sighs sad

I even buy gadgets for my kids as my daughter also loves to cook. We of couse have many common one like the ice-makers but we also have a home made waffle cone maker, a snow cone maker ( a pretty hefty one which come in handy when you have a long line of neighborhood kids), a candy floss(cotton candy) maker to name a few.

Yes I may have an issue but for someone who does not like to eat out much and who cooks a lot and enjoys it the come in handy. embarassed You have hit upon my one vice. embarassed

I don't have a ninja though. wink

May 6th 2013 new

I wish I had a foot-operated kitchen sink (like in a dentist's office). I'm washing my hands all the time when I cook, and it sure would be helpful.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I wish I had a foot-operated kitchen sink (like ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I wish I had a foot-operated kitchen sink (like in a dentist's office). I'm washing my hands all the time when I cook, and it sure would be helpful.

--hide--
Marge! you and I exactly. Althought they do have kitchen faucets out now(and bathrooms as well) that you just put your hands under and the water comes out, you don't have to touch anything except the towel! scratchchin cool wink

May 6th 2013 new

Because my stove's oven does an uneven job of baking, I chose to get a toaster over to use for whatever fits in it. It's a Breville (not the over $200 one!) & I like it a lot. An 11x13 baking dish does NOT fit in it nor does a muffin tin.

May 6th 2013 new

What I don't like about the "electric eye" is...it's electric!! More expensive, and you have no utility during a power failure.
Mechanical trumps electric/electronic anytime.

May 6th 2013 new

Check out the electric faucets. I believe many of them can be battery operated.

Posts 1 - 10 of 30