Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I have, effectively, been out of our once great nation for the past 33 years. Upon returning, it was immediately evident that we, as a nation, have been in a tailspin, declining, sinking in a morass of filth and disorder. Television is a disaster...most programs go right to the base...SEX, SEX and more SEX! Sex is the God of many..obviously. The homosexual agenda is rammed down our throats on every other program...man, they are all piling on this gay bandwagon...this disordered, sick behavior. So, the question is...what are all you good, fellow Catholics doing to stem the tide of puss oozing out of Hollywood's studios. Please..I seek advice on your successful tactics.

May 8th 2013 new

Ok, one way I've "stemmed the puss oozing out of Hollywood's studios" ( crazy you were quite descriptive here) is I've gotten rid of all t.v. reception. I took the leap about 4 years or so ago, and it's been one of the healthiest decisions I've made for me (and my kids). I do watch DVDs, but they're checked out from my local library, and I choose those well.

My radio stations are most often Christian or Catholic.

I read A LOT of fiction, and it's always Christian fiction.

Think about it, if I want to live out Joshua 24:15 (As for me and my house, we will serve the lord), how can I do that if I'm regularly filling my mind and heart with images created from a secular culture?

May 8th 2013 new

I think that we are in an era again of pagan culture and we need to be like the early christians and be strong

Posts 1 - 3 of 3