Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 05 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am not sure what this bill actually hopes to accomplish, but I can say this. When I was eight ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I am not sure what this bill actually hopes to accomplish, but I can say this. When I was eight I was one of the first girls allowed to play baseball on a boy's team in the State of Oklahoma -- that season there were two of us. I looked like a girl with hair down to my backside, the other girl was more of a tomboy. I kept my hair up under my hat until my first time at bat, after we stuck the ball we dropped the bat and headed for first base, as we neared first base we removed our batting helmet and tossed it toward the first base coach. All my hair would come tumbling out and the boys were all stunned, with cries of "It's a girl." It was always good for an extra base or two, lol.

From that year forward, however, I played on a girl's softball team.

My niece did wrestling and was very good, she started when she little like six or so. She wanted to continue to wrestle and her mom felt like there was nothing wrong with it, but by the time she was twelve or so, she won every match because of forfeits because no one wanted to wrestle with her, because she was definitely a girl.

Two of my friends daughters both were kickers on the football teams, but their dad was a pro football player and a kicker.

Two of my girls wanted to go out for football and I said no with some arguing, but I stayed firm. Too much physical contact for their ages. But, another girl played for a year or so, very tomboyish.

The point is if no one reacts to it, it generally peters out on its own and sorts itself out.

--hide--

There are two bills and they are about gay rights. This doesn't have to do with a girl playing on a boy's team or visa versa, this is about a girl deciding she is a boy or a boy deciding he is a girl and being able to participate in that capacity. This isn't going to peter out on it's own if these bills are put into law and they set a precedent for the other states. I was listening to some teachers talking about them and they will have far reaching affects. I am assuming you or the other little girls you were talking about didn't insist on using the boys locker room or restrooms?

May 05 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: There are two bills and they are about gay rights. This doesn't have to do with a girl...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

There are two bills and they are about gay rights. This doesn't have to do with a girl playing on a boy's team or visa versa, this is about a girl deciding she is a boy or a boy deciding he is a girl and being able to participate in that capacity. This isn't going to peter out on it's own if these bills are put into law and they set a precedent for the other states. I was listening to some teachers talking about them and they will have far reaching affects. I am assuming you or the other little girls you were talking about didn't insist on using the boys locker room or restrooms?

--hide--

My point was that despite legislation allowing such things, or creating a law against prohibiting them, social pressure remains a serious check on such things.

Businesses of course will have to determine for themselves if the laws prohibit them from accomplishing their missions and if so how they are to respond.

May 05 new

I would love to be a lawyer in California if this law passes. I see billions of dollars in sexual harassment lawsuits.

May 05 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I can't understand why God keeps al...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I can't understand why God keeps allowing it.

As has been mentioned, God gave us free will. That often has negative consequences.

--hide--
I think she meant,why hasn't He chastised us yet,like Sodom and Gommorroh.2.bp.blogspot.com

May 05 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: The Boy Scouts in the state of California should simply disband rather than be forced to accept t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

The Boy Scouts in the state of California should simply disband rather than be forced to accept the unacceptable if it comes to that. If these outrages come to pass there, the one party People's Republic of Maryland won't be far behind.

--hide--

It should disband and reform as a Catholic organization. This has precedence, since in France there are Boy Scouts and Girls Guides that are part of the Church, even allied as part of Traditionalist parishes.

It could be done in California, and other states as well. A Scout troop that is a part of a parish would be harder to destroy than a national organization.

May 05 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It should disband and reform as a Catholic organization. This has precedence, since in ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It should disband and reform as a Catholic organization. This has precedence, since in France there are Boy Scouts and Girls Guides that are part of the Church, even allied as part of Traditionalist parishes.

It could be done in California, and other states as well. A Scout troop that is a part of a parish would be harder to destroy than a national organization.

--hide--

There's already a substitute for the girls scouts being held via the Catholic Church. It's called the American Heritage Girls . We have one started at our parish:

www.ahgonline.org

And I don't know if this is a substitute for boy scouts (my son is currently working to become an Eagle Scout), but our church has recently started the Knights of Columbus Squires (aimed for young Catholic men ages 10-18)

www.kofc.org

May 05 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I think she meant,why hasn't He chastised us yet,like Sodom and Gommorroh.http://2.bp.blogspo...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I think she meant,why hasn't He chastised us yet,like Sodom and Gommorroh.2.bp.blogspot.com

--hide--

He loves us so much he has given us so many chances. However, I believe we are in for major chastisement because we haven't listened.

May 05 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My point was that despite legislation allowing such things, or creating a law against p...

My point was that despite legislation allowing such things, or creating a law against prohibiting them, social pressure remains a serious check on such things.

Businesses of course will have to determine for themselves if the laws prohibit them from accomplishing their missions and if so how they are to respond.

--hide--

Unfortunately, it is society that has put these people in office. I feel many of us have lost our voice. Praying that you are right and enough people will have the courage to stand up. If you look around, however, we are being "forced" to comply. If people take their kids out of school because they don't want them to be subjected to these things, they will suffer consequences. In L.A. they have been arresting parents for keeping their kids out of school too many days under the truancy laws.

May 05 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My point was that despite legislation allowing such things, or creating a law against p...

--hide--

"Picture this ... your 7 year-old daughter comes home from school in tears. You ask her what’s wrong and she says she’s afraid to go to the bathroom at school because a boy comes in while she’s there. Outraged, you call the school to demand an explanation. You’re told that your daughter is telling the truth, but because the boy says he wants to be a girl, their hands are tied. “It’s the law.” Sound far-fetched? Think again. This is exactly what lies ahead under new legislation pending in the California legislature. But there’s more ... much more."
May 05 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I think she meant,why hasn't He chastised us yet,like Sodom and Gommorroh.2.bp.blogspot.com.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

That I believe that something similar to Sodom and Gommorrh will occur in the future is something I have posted on these Forums time and time again. Nobody believed me.
Posts 11 - 20 of 45