Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really positive experience but they have not been. The women seem very jaded, angry and they have not been unlike women on secular sites. I have been surprised even the women who claim that they hold to all the tenets of the Catholic faith don't seem to live it. For example, the use of profanity and the disregard of abstention of pre-marital sex.

Went on a date and one women did nothing but talk all night about her past "abusive relationships." That is not any different then the women I have met either at work or on secular dating sites. She asked me if I was adhering to the "no sex before marriage" and I told her by God's grace that I was and had not fallen." She laughed and said that she has not been able to adhere to that.

Why do people say they believe everything when they obviously don't or think it's a big joke?

I wish my experience was more positive up to this point. Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types.

Keith

May 05 new
I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. All I can say is that from talking in the women's forum, I know there are plenty of good Catholic women on CM. Just keep looking and praying!!
May 05 new

I'm sorry for your bad experiences -- I'vehad that kind too -- we ARE NOT all like that! I will pray for us both -- well, I already pray for everyone on CM in general, but I'll add you specifically.

May 05 new
Bro I agree with you and then they get on here ranting about how there is no good catholic men please I'm sorry to hear about this but don't give up bro trust in his mercy and grace brother
May 05 new

I'm SO sorry, Keith, that you have had this experience. Like the other ladies said, there ARE those of us out there who DO adhere to the tenets of the Church. Just keep praying for God to send you the right one, and I will pray for you likewise! :)

May 05 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types... Keith
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types...

Keith

--hide--

I'm sorry for your experience. I join the other women in encouraging you not to give up. Unfortunately people are at times deceitful in their profile but not all. I just don't think it has anything to with "personality types"...it has a lot to do with liars and deceivers so I wouldn't focus on that (personality types).

May 05 new

Don't lose heart Keith. I believe there are many strong Catholic women on this site, and I personally will not go back to the secular sites. Keep praying! Praying

May 05 new

There are several woman on this site who I have met who told me about good woman and bad men they have dated . how misused they were . they all seem to go back to them leave me in the friendship mode . They feel that they have change or that they can change them .

May 05 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Went on a date and one women did nothing but talk all night about her past "abusive relationship...

Went on a date and one women did nothing but talk all night about her past "abusive relationships." That is not any different then the women I have met either at work or on secular dating sites. She asked me if I was adhering to the "no sex before marriage" and I told her by God's grace that I was and had not fallen." She laughed and said that she has not been able to adhere to that.

Why do people say they believe everything when they obviously don't or think it's a big joke?

I wish my experience was more positive up to this point. Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types.
Keith

--hide--

Keith, i know you're not generalizing all the Women here on CM, and having a few bad dates can understandably make a person question whether people are who they say they are. However keep in mind also that airing your "date conversations" in a public forum could have a negative affect on who you may contact in the future? just a thought scratchchin Praying

May 05 new
(Quote) Keith-965841 said: I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really positive experien...

I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really positive experience but they have not been. The women seem very jaded, angry and they have not been unlike women on secular sites. I have been surprised even the women who claim that they hold to all the tenets of the Catholic faith don't seem to live it. For example, the use of profanity and the disregard of abstention of pre-marital sex.

Keith

--hide--
Keith, just out of curiosity, how old we're these women?
Posts 1 - 10 of 76