Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

and are you baking anything?

Today is Sunday, do you make a special supper on Sunday?

Ok, what do eat Monday thru Saturday?

What are you today?

biggrin Chef
May 05 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: and are you baking anything? Today is Sunday, do you make a special supper on Sunday? Ok...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: and are you baking anything?

What are you today?

--hide--

Hi Cindy! I don't bake - primarily because I see recipies as guides!!

Today is Cinco de Mayo, so we'll be having a black bean and butternut squash soup (with corn, red peppers, celery, etc) stir the pot! Its getting cold! that we'll be cooking in the crockpot. We'll top it with cheese, avocados or guacamole and sour cream and serve it with (hopefully!) mango salsa and whole wheat tortillas!

If you'd like to join us, stop on by around 4:30 PM (PT)!! Ole! Chelle

May 05 new
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: and are you baking anything? Today is Sunday, do you make a...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: and are you baking anything?

What are you today?

Hi Cindy! I don't bake - primarily because I see recipies as guides!!

Today is Cinco de Mayo, so we'll be having a black bean and butternut squash soup (with corn, red peppers, celery, etc) that we'll be cooking in the crockpot. We'll top it with cheese, avocados or guacamole and sour cream and serve it with (hopefully!) mango salsa and whole wheat tortillas!

If you'd like to join us, stop on by around 4:30 PM (PT)!! Ole! Chelle

--hide--

Thanks Chelle for the invitation, really sounds fun and the food sounds good! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

May I ask what you mean that you see recipes as guides? I don't understand.
May 05 new

Just grilled steak /corn/bake potatoe outside . made salad Oh yes I can cook . back out on the deck agian to bad the woman here don't want to join me .

May 05 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thanks Chelle for the invitation, really sounds fun and the food sounds good! Happy Cinco de May...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Thanks Chelle for the invitation, really sounds fun and the food sounds good! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

--hide--

Hi Cindy! What I meant by using a recipe as a guide is that I don't actually follow them - most of the time; I use them to get ideas on ingredients and then add what I already have at home or substitute other items depending on what's available at the store.

You can't do that with baking or nothing would ever taste good! That's why I cook not bake. I like adding a pinch of this and a dash of that. I wouldn't even say I cook, really. I'm just very good at putting things together, and I love to use the crockpot! Chelle

May 05 new
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thanks Chelle for the invitation, really sounds fun and the...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Hi Cindy! What I meant by using a recipe as a guide is that I don't actually follow them - most of the time; I use them to get ideas on ingredients and then add what I already have at home or substitute other items depending on what's available at the store.

You can't do that with baking or nothing would ever taste good! That's why I cook not bake. I like adding a pinch of this and a dash of that. I wouldn't even say I cook, really. I'm just very good at putting things together, and I love to use the crockpot! Chelle

--hide--

That is what I was thinking you did,but wasn't sure. Ya know back in the old days, people baked that same way, a handful of this, a dash they just knew the right amount, and it turned out good. I think there are some people today that can bake like that.
May 05 new
(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Just grilled steak /corn/bake potatoe outside . made salad Oh yes I can cook . back out on the deck agian to...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Just grilled steak /corn/bake potatoe outside . made salad Oh yes I can cook . back out on the deck agian to bad the woman here don't want to join me .

--hide--

That sounds delicious, I love steak on the grill. So glad the weather is so nice for grilling.
May 05 new
Dinner today was Shrimp in a butter with garlic & onion sauce over rice.
May 05 new

We grilled today. We had homemade black bean sliders burgers with pepper jack cheese. My son made BBQ seasoned home fries.

Getting ready to make banana muffins for snack at school and since the oven is on, I will probably make some breakfast cookies using Chelle's method of a little of this and a little of that cookiemonster cookie

May 05 new

Today we let Compadres do the cooking for us! It was our special celebration of Cinco de Mayo. It felt soooooooooooo good to have someone else fuss over a delicious meal for us. I love baking and cooking and putting together a delicious and healthy meal for my family and myself, but every now and again, it's lovely to just order it and enjoy!

Posts 1 - 10 of 34