Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi everyone!

I'm new to CM. I currently work at a Catholic School and, you've guessed it, I'm single. My principal recently reccomended the book "The Five Love Languages". When looking for it on Kobo, I found the Singles Edition and have just started reading it. I'm wondering if anyone else is reading it or has read it and would be interested in a little "online" discussion :-)

Would love to chat with other Catholic Singles :-)

Becky

May 06 new
Becky, an online book discussion is an excellent idea!! Several years ago (I know, I've been here too long!!Some good man needs to rescue me!) I was part of several forum book discussions here.

I'm glad to hear there is love languages book for singles. I read a bit of the original one, but found it hard to follow because at the time I'd never been in a relationship before. I think one especially for singles would be good. I'll keep my eye out for a book discussion thread on this!!
May 06 new

I would join a book discussion on this. highfive

Did you find the book easily at a book store? crossfingers

May 06 new

Good idea, Rebecca! I have read & recommended the book to many people.

May 06 new

Reading this makes me really want to grab that book. And I didnt know if it is already available here in our bookstore though they said it is really a good one. Each and everyone of us had our own love language. As for me, Im more of affirmation side, giving gifts. What's your strongest love language?

May 07 new

(Quote) Mariella-964442 said: Reading this makes me really want to grab that book. And I didnt know if it is already availab...
(Quote) Mariella-964442 said:

Reading this makes me really want to grab that book. And I didnt know if it is already available here in our bookstore though they said it is really a good one. Each and everyone of us had our own love language. As for me, Im more of affirmation side, giving gifts. What's your strongest love language?

--hide--

1. Acts of Service

2. Quality Time

3. Words of Affirmation

4. Physical Touch

5. Gifts

May 07 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: 1. Acts of Service 2. Quality Time 3. Words of Affirmation 4. P...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

1. Acts of Service

2. Quality Time

3. Words of Affirmation

4. Physical Touch

5. Gifts

--hide--

Yeah, thank you for that sis. Carol! I just can't find the right words biggrin

May 07 new

I had no idea that there was a singles edition of that book. I am going to look for it right now! I couldn't get into the couples version because I've never really been part of a genuine couple!

I would be interested in joining in a book discussion on this. As with Dawn, I remember several years ago having something like this on CatholicMatch.

If this gets going, count me in. Seriously, I am going to look for that book right now!!!

May 07 new

Dawn! Look at our membership numbers! We're the lowest on the page! laughing We really HAVE been here for quite some time! It will be 10 years for me in a month or so!

Looking lovely as always, Dawn. Wonderful to "see" your smiling face again!

May 07 new
(Quote) Tanya-63933 said: Dawn! Look at our membership numbers! We're the lowest on the page! We really HAVE been here for quite some...
(Quote) Tanya-63933 said:

Dawn! Look at our membership numbers! We're the lowest on the page! We really HAVE been here for quite some time! It will be 10 years for me in a month or so!

Looking lovely as always, Dawn. Wonderful to "see" your smiling face again!

--hide--

hug Tanya!!! Good to see you, too, but I wish you weren't here. I wish that you had found that bold and loving Catholic man that God has picked out for you! But since you haven't it is good to see you.

Yes. A decade this month. CM has become a part of my life-- and it seems me a part of it's. kinda like we are part of the decor. (Don't sit on us-- we're not chairs or sofas. We're rare works of art!) One day, chica, the right man will find me and you. Praying I have great hope!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 25