Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 5th 2013 new

Hi Albert and welcome! I agree that there seems to be a lack of initiative of folks on this site at times. I've been on and off (mostly off) the site for the past few years myself. I also suppose I have been guilty of not keeping my information and pictures fresh and up-to-date. However, sometimes when you just receive an emoticon or no response at all, it may be because the person is not currently a paying member and can only respond with emoticons. Other than that, it does seem to me that as we get older many singles say they are looking for a committed relationship but are we really? I ask myself this question. Am I motivated and open enough to be open to others and their ways? We all kind of get set in our ways as we age and don't give them up easily. I think this may be even more difficult for relationships that are not in person. So, that being said, the things I am going to try to do is be more active on here, not give up despite some dry times and keep my site updated. And, of course, pray to the Lord of the harvest that our hearts desires may bear fruit; fruit that will last. God's speed! ;' )

Larissa

May 5th 2013 new
Most of my emoticons are not blanks; there are actually messages attached to them, though the number of characters in the message is limited.
May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Brett-848238 said: It is my experience that most people on CatholicMatch do not believe in “Carpe Diem”.
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

It is my experience that most people on CatholicMatch do not believe in “Carpe Diem”.

--hide--

I agree.
May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been unable...
(Quote) Albert-964084 said:

I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site.

I have been unable to get girls to write back and engage in conversations. Not withstanding that many may not like the way I look, getting no responses in writing (many emoticons, no actual messages) is making the experience on catholic match a disappointing one. Any suggestions or is there a proper protocol that must be observed?

--hide--

I saw your profile and I don't have an answer for you.
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been ...

I have been unable to get girls to write back and engage in conversations. Not withstanding that many may not like the way I look, getting no responses in writing (many emoticons, no actual messages) is making the experience on catholic match a disappointing one. Any suggestions or is there a proper protocol that must be observed?

--hide--

I think the women you write should respond even if it is to say "I'm not interested and this is why..." I myself try to respond to everyone. I checked out your profile and in my honest opinion Albert, I think it's your position on premarital sex. You said you disagreed with the church's position on it. I'm not suggesting that you lie and change it since that is your honest position and if you begin a relationship with a lie its obviously headed for failure.

May 6th 2013 new

I think you have a nice face, Albert! I am new too and don't know what to expect yet. Let's hang in there for a bit and see if things work out here.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Pedyne-248823 said: I think the women you write should respond even if it is to say "I...
(Quote) Pedyne-248823 said:

I think the women you write should respond even if it is to say "I'm not interested and this is why..." I myself try to respond to everyone. I checked out your profile and in my honest opinion Albert, I think it's your position on premarital sex. You said you disagreed with the church's position on it. I'm not suggesting that you lie and change it since that is your honest position and if you begin a relationship with a lie its obviously headed for failure.

--hide--

I agree with Pedyne. I think you need to look into your position on premarital sex. Do not lie but pray and seek God in this area. That could be the deciding factor for many woman on this site. God bless you as you discern and pray.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been ...

--hide--

If we find the answer to that we will be millionaires :-). But, having said that welcome!! Participate in the forums and get to know some of the posters. You'll be able to learn some things about them and then perhaps have time to ease into conversations outside the forums.

I didn't have a clue what the emoticons were nor what their purpose was at first and I had a few people who only sent emoticons and I didn't know what to do with them, I'd send something back and ask a question, get another emoticon?? They still confuse me, but not as much and they are a handy little tool to keep in touch and let smeone know you are thinking about them.

May 6th 2013 new

Yes, I think manners are important and there should be an online dating etiquette. I do have friends who just ignore posts if not interested but is nice to be courteous and friendly. Not sure what one says if not interested in the other person romantically or if views are not congruent. Is a good question. Bit Albert, I would have said to you that I think you look like the actor that played Julia Roberts love interest in Eat, Pray, Love movie!

May 6th 2013 new

I looked at your profile and the only thing that I could think might hinder interest on a Catholic site, is your MONTHLY Mass attendance. But that's only MY opinion ;-). Personally I'm interested in someone who's living their faith. Hang on in there ! I'm sure there's someone for you out there. Bless.

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 179