Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

...seeing and listing all the things, every moment, for which we are grateful. We have had this thread before but it has been a few months and it is truly 'magical'. I know God likes it when we notice and I've read, the more we thank Him the more He wants to give. Here's to blessings!

I am grateful I was born into the Catholic Faith and didn't have to go find it. I'm grateful my mother worked so hard to teach it. I'm grateful for my Catholic friends here on CM; this site helps keep me grounded; the love, friendship and support have been one of the greatest blessings I could have asked for. It has been almost six months now since I joined. It was a great decision.

Also, as soon as this week's cold weather blows through, I am grateful for spring! biggrin
May 1st 2013 new

Thanks Meg,
I think I have to echo your sentiments, and will add we have had a spectacula week, and my tulips (just planted in the fall) look beautiful.

May 1st 2013 new
Tulips are beautiful.

We have a really nice pond and trail area around our office buildings...I was walking there today on my lunch break and the geese were sooo happy. They stood about a foot from me, content with life. .biggrin
May 1st 2013 new

I too am grateful for my Catholic faith. I don't know how I could get through without God in my life. Also grateful for my family, my kids are home from college for the summer, my health, that I'm employed, the green grass, warmer temps and my daffodils. Yes it is hard to stop, life is good.

May 2nd 2013 new

Here in San Diego County, I am admiring the plethora of roses--all colors, all sizes.

I am blessed to live here where the weather is ideal most of the time, my neighborhood is quiet & friendly & my son & his family are less than a mile away. I belong to a Bible study group made up of beautiful Catholic women with whom I can sing & pray.

I was blessed to have an excellent surgeon for my 2 knee replacement surgeries, excellent care at the rehab facility, caring & skilled therapists.

Yes, God is good!

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Here in San Diego County, I am admiring the plethora of roses--all colors, all sizes. I am b...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Here in San Diego County, I am admiring the plethora of roses--all colors, all sizes.

I am blessed to live here where the weather is ideal most of the time, my neighborhood is quiet & friendly & my son & his family are less than a mile away. I belong to a Bible study group made up of beautiful Catholic women with whom I can sing & pray.

I was blessed to have an excellent surgeon for my 2 knee replacement surgeries, excellent care at the rehab facility, caring & skilled therapists.

Yes, God is good!

--hide--

San Diego...wow! I'll bet it is great weather. We are snowing here tonight but...okay I am grateful it is beautiful and picturesque even if it is MAY IN KANSAS CITY and this is weird. eyepopping

laughing So ...grateful we are all having a good laugh today as we look out our office windows amazed at how heavily it is coming down and most of us didn't bring coats this morning!! I am grateful "Missura' is unpredictable. biggrin
May 2nd 2013 new

My Catholic Faith has given me strength to go through my ups and downs. I am grateful that I am surrounded by kind and helpful people and I believe that God has answered my prayers through them. Thank you, Lord, for fulfilling my daily needs, physically and spiritually.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Dee-949973 said: My Catholic Faith has given me strength to go through my ups and downs. I am grateful that I am sur...
(Quote) Dee-949973 said:

My Catholic Faith has given me strength to go through my ups and downs. I am grateful that I am surrounded by kind and helpful people and I believe that God has answered my prayers through them. Thank you, Lord, for fulfilling my daily needs, physically and spiritually.

--hide--
Thanks Meg for this great thread. I had a profound spiritual awakening involving the Holy Spirit about 3 months ago and yes I've found it hard to stop talking about it!! Amen! Welcome Dee to the forums hug

May 7th 2013 new
Praise you Lord. I am blessed in so many ways... Faith, parents and family, great and fun job, new man in my life and two rainy days to stop our CA fires.
May 7th 2013 new

Meg, thanks for starting this thread. It reminds me of the ones that Mesquite Jerry used to post about Good Deeds/Good Works!

So, in that vein, the other day when I had my mother out for a doctor appointment, we stopped to have lunch at her favorite coffee shop. Mama always wears a hat out, and one of the other patrons came up and complimented her about her hat, and how it brought back memories of a deceased grandparent...About 20 minutes later, I asked for our check---Yep, you guessed it---that kind woman had picked up our lunch tab, without ever saying a word. My mama was just so overjoyed and felt soo blessed and loved. At 92, it was such a gift to her, and made me think of the Prayer of St. Francis and the love for one another. rose

Posts 1 - 10 of 23