Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

"One of the largest hospitals in Orange County has decided to ban elective abortions, shortly after entering into a partnership with a Catholic hospital group. Last week Hoag Memorial Hospital told its doctors about the decision. The hospital said that the decision was made completely independently of the fact that they are now in a partnership with a Catholic group,according to the Orange County Register via City News Service.

Hoag recently finalized a partnership with St. Joseph Health System, which is owned by a Catholic charity. As the Hoag partnership is finalized, St. Joseph Health System controls about one third of the county's health care through its six hospitals and clinics affiliated with them, the Register reports. St. Joseph does follow the Catholic practices, including prohibiting abortions and contraceptive practices, according to the Register."

laist.com
This is a quote from the OC Register's article by one of the doctors..
"Jeffrey Illeck, a Hoag affiliated OB-GYN, put it bluntly. The decision by Hoag, he said, is just one more example of the Catholic agenda that is slowly permeating the whole country to take away a woman's right to choose."

For once reading the paper made me happy!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: "One of the largest hospitals in Orange County has decided to ban elective abortions, shortly...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

"One of the largest hospitals in Orange County has decided to ban elective abortions, shortly after entering into a partnership with a Catholic hospital group. Last week Hoag Memorial Hospital told its doctors about the decision. The hospital said that the decision was made completely independently of the fact that they are now in a partnership with a Catholic group,according to the Orange County Register via City News Service.

Hoag recently finalized a partnership with St. Joseph Health System, which is owned by a Catholic charity. As the Hoag partnership is finalized, St. Joseph Health System controls about one third of the county's health care through its six hospitals and clinics affiliated with them, the Register reports. St. Joseph does follow the Catholic practices, including prohibiting abortions and contraceptive practices, according to the Register."

laist.com
This is a quote from the OC Register's article by one of the doctors..
"Jeffrey Illeck, a Hoag affiliated OB-GYN, put it bluntly. The decision by Hoag, he said, is just one more example of the Catholic agenda that is slowly permeating the whole country to take away a woman's right to choose."

For once reading the paper made me happy!!!!!!!!!!!

--hide--

If it is true, Laura, it is wonderful news. Personally, I think Uncle Sam will find this kind of action, discriminatory to women,
and have it reversed.

May 7th 2013 new
The only quibble to the obstetrician's point is that the Catholic Church seeks to restore the right to life the preborn child enjoys. In doing so, we must deny something that is no right at all and which the Supreme (or should I say "extreme" court) had no authority to grant in the first place.
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The only quibble to the obstetrician's point is that the Catholic Church seeks to restore the right...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The only quibble to the obstetrician's point is that the Catholic Church seeks to restore the right to life the preborn child enjoys. In doing so, we must deny something that is no right at all and which the Supreme (or should I say "extreme" court) had no authority to grant in the first place.
--hide--

Yes, Steven, I actually laughed out loud when I read his quote it was so ironic!

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: If it is true, Laura, it is wonderful news. Personally, I think Uncle Sam will find th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

If it is true, Laura, it is wonderful news. Personally, I think Uncle Sam will find this kind of action, discriminatory to women,
and have it reversed.

--hide--

I think under Obama care they won't stand a chance, especially since they are saying it isn't for religious reasons. The doctor's are making such a fuss. They haven't restricted any other woman's issues. Like they said, they do very limited amout of abortions there in the first place. It is a wonderful hospital. Even though it is a Presbyterian, they have the mass in their chapel every Sat. vigil and have a tabernacle. When my son was there I felt so comforted by knowing our Lord was in the house:)

May 7th 2013 new

Your thread title......let us hope so. Blessings. wave

Posts 1 - 6 of 6