Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Apr 28th 2013 new

Sorry,but an annulment,should be granted for 3 reasons:marriage noy consummated,dead of spouse(widow status),and the sexuality of a partner in question.

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-903658 said: Thank you for the information. I would like to start the process(again). I've been divorced since 19...
(Quote) Theresa-903658 said: Thank you for the information.

I would like to start the process(again). I've been divorced since 1990!.I never expected to be considering another relationship that may lead to another marriage.

I'm ready to explore new options:)

Costs have kept me from reapplying. Maybe it's time....

Wishing everyone well.

Good night. And Gods'blessings.
--hide--

Hello Theresa,

Costs are never an obstacle, as they say, in case of shortness or low income, your special financial circumstances will be taken into account.

God's blessings on your efforts

TKC rose

Therese
Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I just spoke with the Tribunal this week and several things were explained to me that at least apply here in the Kan...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I just spoke with the Tribunal this week and several things were explained to me that at least apply here in the Kansas City St. Joseph Diocese

If both the petitioner and the respondent complete their paperwork, select 'confidential' regarding their answers and if any and all witnesses also select 'confidential', then the Petitioner and Respondent will not do anything at Publication. Likened to a conveyor belt, time frames are based on the number of cases submitted and the expediency and thoroughness of all statements. If the Tribunal does not require clarification or additional information that, of course, reduces time frames. The process was likened to putting together a puzzle based on the various input given. Usually no one statement defines the outcome but is rather from a compilation.
--hide--

Thank you Meg for the additional information that you provided from Kansas' Tribunal smile
Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Hector-770413 said: Sorry,but an annulment,should be granted for 3 reasons:marriage noy consummated,dead of spouse(widow status),a...
(Quote) Hector-770413 said:

Sorry,but an annulment,should be granted for 3 reasons:marriage noy consummated,dead of spouse(widow status),and the sexuality of a partner in question.

--hide--

Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church

There are very well defined canonical grounds for Marriage Annulment. Once these

have been established marriage Annulment can proceed. It is important to

understand the grounds for Marriage Annulment before making application, and if in

doubt you should consult your local priest.

Insufficient use of reason (Canon 1095, 10)

You or your spouse did not know what was happening during the marriage

ceremony because of insanity, mental illness, or a lack of consciousness.

Grave lack of discretionary judgment concerning essential matrimonial rights and

duties (Canon 1095, 20)

You or your spouse was affected by some serious circumstances or factors that

made you unable to judge or evaluate either the decision to marry or the ability to

create a true marital relationship.

Psychic-natured incapacity to assume marital obligations (Canon 1095, 30)

You or your spouse, at the time of consent, was unable to fulfill the obligations of

marriage because of a serious psychological disorder or other condition.

Ignorance about the nature of marriage (Canon 1096, sec. 1)

You or your spouse did not know that marriage is a permanent relationship between

a man and a woman ordered toward the procreation of offspring by means of some

sexual cooperation.

Error of person (Canon 1097, sec. 1) Reasons for Marriage Annulment

You or your spouse intended to marry a specific individual who was not the

individual with whom marriage was celebrated. (For example, mail order brides;

otherwise, this rarely occurs in the United States.)

Error about a quality of a person (Canon 1097, sec. 2)

You or your spouse intended to marry someone who either possessed or did not

possess a certain quality, e.g., social status, marital status, education, religious

conviction, freedom from disease, or arrest record. That quality must have been

directly and principally intended.

Fraud (Canon 1098) Reasons for Marriage Annulment

You or your spouse was intentionally deceived about the presence or absence of a

quality in the other. The reason for this deception was to obtain consent to marriage.

Total willful exclusion of marriage (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse did not intend to contract marriage as the law of the Catholic

Church understands marriage. Rather, the ceremony was observed solely as a

means of obtaining something other than marriage itself, e.g., to obtain legal status

in the country or to legitimize a child.

Willful exclusion of children (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, to deny the

other's right to sexual acts open to procreation.

Willful exclusion of marital fidelity (Canon 1101, 12)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, not to remain

faithful.

Willful exclusion of marital permanence (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, not to create a

permanent relationship, retaining an option to divorce.

Future condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)

You or your spouse attached a future condition to your decision to marry, e.g., you

will complete your education, your income will be at a certain level, you will remain in

this area.

Past condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)R

You or your spouse attached a past condition so your decision to marry and that

condition did not exist; e.g., I will marry you provided that you have never been

married before, I will marry you provided that you have graduated from college.

Present condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)

You or your spouse attached a present condition to your decision to marry and that

condition did not exist, e.g., I will marry you provided you don't have any debt.

Force (Canon 1103)

You or your spouse married because of an external physical or moral force that you

could not resist.

Fear (1103)

You or your spouse chose to marry because of fear that was grave and inescapable

and was caused by an outside source.

Error regarding marital unity that determined the will (1099)

You or your spouse married believing that marriage was not necessarily an

exclusive relationship.

Error regarding marital indissolubility that determined the will (Canon 1099)

You or your spouse married believing that civil law had the power to dissolve

marriage and that remarriage was acceptable after civil divorce.

Error regarding marital sacramental dignity that determined the will (Canon 1099)

You and your spouse married believing that marriage is not a religious or sacred

relationship but merely a civil contract or arrangement.

Lack of new consent during convalidation (Canons 1157,1160)

After your civil marriage, you and your spouse participated in a Catholic ceremony

and you or your spouse believed that (1) you were already married, (2) the Catholic

ceremony was merely a blessing, and (3) the consent given during. the Catholic

ceremony had no real effect.
Apr 29th 2013 new

Thank you so much for that list. I am currently working on my annulment and there are only 3 options listed that have to do with consent
-inability to consent

-defective consent

-lack of freedom to give consent

None of these fit my situation.

My heart goes out to those who have 100 questions, mine has only 36 and that is hard enough.

Apr 29th 2013 new

Thanks so much for this list!!!

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Thank you Meg for the additional information that you provided from Kansas' Tribunal
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Thank you Meg for the additional information that you provided from Kansas' Tribunal
--hide--

You're welcome. Actually though it was the Kansas City, Mo/St. Joseph, Mo Tribunal that I spoke with...

Thank you so much for doing this thread! hug
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church There are very ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church

There are very well defined canonical grounds for Marriage Annulment. Once these

have been established marriage Annulment can proceed. It is important to

understand the grounds for Marriage Annulment before making application, and if in

doubt you should consult your local priest.

Insufficient use of reason (Canon 1095, 10)

You or your spouse did not know what was happening during the marriage

ceremony because of insanity, mental illness, or a lack of consciousness.

Grave lack of discretionary judgment concerning essential matrimonial rights and

duties (Canon 1095, 20)

You or your spouse was affected by some serious circumstances or factors that

made you unable to judge or evaluate either the decision to marry or the ability to

create a true marital relationship.

Psychic-natured incapacity to assume marital obligations (Canon 1095, 30)

You or your spouse, at the time of consent, was unable to fulfill the obligations of

marriage because of a serious psychological disorder or other condition.

Ignorance about the nature of marriage (Canon 1096, sec. 1)

You or your spouse did not know that marriage is a permanent relationship between

a man and a woman ordered toward the procreation of offspring by means of some

sexual cooperation.

Error of person (Canon 1097, sec. 1) Reasons for Marriage Annulment

You or your spouse intended to marry a specific individual who was not the

individual with whom marriage was celebrated. (For example, mail order brides;

otherwise, this rarely occurs in the United States.)

Error about a quality of a person (Canon 1097, sec. 2)

You or your spouse intended to marry someone who either possessed or did not

possess a certain quality, e.g., social status, marital status, education, religious

conviction, freedom from disease, or arrest record. That quality must have been

directly and principally intended.

Fraud (Canon 1098) Reasons for Marriage Annulment

You or your spouse was intentionally deceived about the presence or absence of a

quality in the other. The reason for this deception was to obtain consent to marriage.

Total willful exclusion of marriage (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse did not intend to contract marriage as the law of the Catholic

Church understands marriage. Rather, the ceremony was observed solely as a

means of obtaining something other than marriage itself, e.g., to obtain legal status

in the country or to legitimize a child.

Willful exclusion of children (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, to deny the

other's right to sexual acts open to procreation.

Willful exclusion of marital fidelity (Canon 1101, 12)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, not to remain

faithful.

Willful exclusion of marital permanence (Canon 1101, sec. 2)

You or your spouse married intending, either explicitly or implicitly, not to create a

permanent relationship, retaining an option to divorce.

Future condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)

You or your spouse attached a future condition to your decision to marry, e.g., you

will complete your education, your income will be at a certain level, you will remain in

this area.

Past condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)R

You or your spouse attached a past condition so your decision to marry and that

condition did not exist; e.g., I will marry you provided that you have never been

married before, I will marry you provided that you have graduated from college.

Present condition (Canon 1102, sec. 2)

You or your spouse attached a present condition to your decision to marry and that

condition did not exist, e.g., I will marry you provided you don't have any debt.

Force (Canon 1103)

You or your spouse married because of an external physical or moral force that you

could not resist.

Fear (1103)

You or your spouse chose to marry because of fear that was grave and inescapable

and was caused by an outside source.

Error regarding marital unity that determined the will (1099)

You or your spouse married believing that marriage was not necessarily an

exclusive relationship.

Error regarding marital indissolubility that determined the will (Canon 1099)

You or your spouse married believing that civil law had the power to dissolve

marriage and that remarriage was acceptable after civil divorce.

Error regarding marital sacramental dignity that determined the will (Canon 1099)

You and your spouse married believing that marriage is not a religious or sacred

relationship but merely a civil contract or arrangement.

Lack of new consent during convalidation (Canons 1157,1160)

After your civil marriage, you and your spouse participated in a Catholic ceremony

and you or your spouse believed that (1) you were already married, (2) the Catholic

ceremony was merely a blessing, and (3) the consent given during. the Catholic

ceremony had no real effect.
--hide--

Canon law's are written by the church authority,which have adapted to new "times',but the Bible was written by the Holy Spirit inspiration on man,none of this canons appear on The Bible.Today divorced is a reality,because even being a good faithful catholic,does not bring always sucess,Love is fragile,but is the flame that ignites the fire.We will moved forward when we understand this,I know that divorced is very high and The Church want to maintain the flock united(which is good).I don't have a valid reason for a annulment an I'am not going to lie about it,we both still good catholic's,may God forgive me for any wrongdoing.May God bless you.

May 7th 2013 new
That gives me hope. I am afraid to start the process.
May 7th 2013 new
Very helpful information, in case of abuse.

A Statement of the U.S. Catholic Bishops.

As pastors of the Catholic Church in the United States, we state as clearly and strongly as we can that violence against women, inside or outside the home, is never justified. Violence in any form"physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal"is sinful; often, it is a crime as well. We have called for a moral revolution to replace a culture of violence. We acknowledge that violence has many forms, many causes, and many victimsmen as well as women.2

Violence and abuse, not divorce, break up a marriage.

old.usccb.org
Posts 31 - 40 of 65