Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-804631 said: What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately???? Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen Sys...
(Quote) Sarah-804631 said:

What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately????

Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen System (blender, food processeor etc)....

I dislike ones that have to many parts or are not dishwasher safe....ugh!!!

--hide--
At my age, it's my jar opener. Don't have the hand strength I once had.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: My favorite: My mini blender in which I can make smoothies. I have also made tomato sauce with it...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

My favorite: My mini blender in which I can make smoothies. I have also made tomato sauce with it too.

My least favorite: My 12-cup coffee maker. The thing is such a pain to prepare and clean.

--hide--
One good thing about the older drip coffee makers that use a filter- there is no trash. Coffee grounds and the paper filter can be added to a compost container. Many come with a permanent reusable filter. The newer Keurig type include foil and plastic.

May 7th 2013 new

[quote]Peter-449116 said:

"At my age, it's my jar opener. Don't have the hand strength I once had."

Peter, are you telling me my powerful, massive grip is not forever? irked

What else do I need to know about what is down the road ole chap? eyepopping

Please be gentle. Praying

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bart-749635 said: (Quote) Peter-449116 said: "At my age, it's my jar opener. Don'...
(Quote) Bart-749635 said:

[quote]Peter-449116 said:

"At my age, it's my jar opener. Don't have the hand strength I once had."

Peter, are you telling me my powerful, massive grip is not forever?

What else do I need to know about what is down the road ole chap?

Please be gentle.

--hide--
While getting prepared for a Knights of Columbus home repair project, don't try to strap an extension ladder on the roof of your SUV without using a step stool. At least not when you're 68! If you're taller than 5' 06" you can ignore this advice!

May 7th 2013 new

What a great question! I love anything that makes my labor in the kitchen easier. I cook 6 nights a week, all from scratch. I love my Willims & Sonoma

knives and my Cuisinart food processor. I make my salad dressing in it as well as my dinner rolls and I even chop lots of my veggies in it when I make

my super hot/sweet turkey chili. I also love all gadgets by XOX. If I didn't have these, i'd be in the kitchen so much longer than I want to be. I LOVE to

cook and bake and these make it a pleasure (most of the time... biggrin )

May 7th 2013 new

Since I'm into green juice ........... my fave is my juicer. biggrin

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-804631 said: What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately???? Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen Sys...
(Quote) Sarah-804631 said:

What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately????

Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen System (blender, food processeor etc)....

I dislike ones that have to many parts or are not dishwasher safe....ugh!!!

--hide--

my favorites are my mini food processor and the meatball maker lol

lease favorite my juicer

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: my favorites are my mini food processor and the meatball maker lol lease favorit...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

my favorites are my mini food processor and the meatball maker lol

lease favorite my juicer

--hide--

Lauren,

Why do you not like your juicer? I've been thinking about getting one, and I'm looking for the pros and cons.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-806727 said: Lauren, Why do you not like your juicer? I've been thinking a...
(Quote) Kate-806727 said:

Lauren,

Why do you not like your juicer? I've been thinking about getting one, and I'm looking for the pros and cons.

--hide--

Hi Kate,

Takes up too much space, is awkward to use, can be really messy, and I haven't been too fond of the juices I've come up with. I'd rather use an old fashion orange juicer or a blender and see what I get lol.

And, it was too pricey on top of that.

May 8th 2013 new

My favorites are:

Rice Cooker

Crock Pot

Sometimes my least favorite is the kitchen! wink

Posts 21 - 30 of 30