Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Hmmm. Have been wondering how to approach our brothers and sisters in Christ whom we are not interested in as a match. scratchchin If you were "live" at a party then a girly thing to do would be to check for lipstick on your teeth or perform a personal hygeine checklist mentally. I am not a fan of ignoring as has been suggested by friends also doing the online dating journey. I like to be honest and forthright. Everyone has feelings and we are all on here, putting our hearts on on sleeves, to find that special person. I imagine what I would like for someone to tell me but draw a blank. Would want it to be courteous and honest. Any suggestions for a newbie?

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Annette-969665 said: Hmmm. Have been wondering how to approach our brothers and sisters in Christ whom we are not in...
(Quote) Annette-969665 said:

Hmmm. Have been wondering how to approach our brothers and sisters in Christ whom we are not interested in as a match. If you were "live" at a party then a girly thing to do would be to check for lipstick on your teeth or perform a personal hygeine checklist mentally. I am not a fan of ignoring as has been suggested by friends also doing the online dating journey. I like to be honest and forthright. Everyone has feelings and we are all on here, putting our hearts on on sleeves, to find that special person. I imagine what I would like for someone to tell me but draw a blank. Would want it to be courteous and honest. Any suggestions for a newbie?

--hide--
A simple thank you but no thank you. Just explain that you 're not interested. You don't have to make it a full doctoral thesis to explain why you aren't interested, unless you really want to.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: A simple thank you but no thank you. Just explain that you 're not interested. You don't ...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

A simple thank you but no thank you. Just explain that you 're not interested. You don't have to make it a full doctoral thesis to explain why you aren't interested, unless you really want to.

--hide--
Peter, that is simple and awesome response. I like it . Thanks for posting this-Annette

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Annette-969665 said: Peter, that is simple and awesome response. I like it . Thanks for posting this-Annette
(Quote) Annette-969665 said:

Peter, that is simple and awesome response. I like it . Thanks for posting this-Annette

--hide--
You're welcome!

May 8th 2013 new

Here are a couple of suggestions from Amy Owens' book, The Little Bitty Break-Up Book.

"I don't see that we have the kind of common ground that I would like to have in an on-going relationship."

"I'm not feeling the kind of chemistry I'd like to feel in an on-going relationship."

If you have a F2F, simply say "I enjoyed meeting you." You don't need to say anymore than that!

Men: don't tell a woman you will call her if you have no intention of doing so. Women: don't tell a man it's ok for him to call you if you know that isn't true.

Approach first dates as practice interviews. Relax, have fun & be grateful for every chance to practice.

May 8th 2013 new

Thanks, Carol this is very helpful

May 8th 2013 new

There's almost no one I've ever encountered that I could consider "ineligible" right off the bat. Nearly anyone would get at least a "thanks" and an emote.

I would never send a literal "Not Interested" message. It's awfully painful to receive one when all a person has tried to do is reach out to a potential friend.

May 8th 2013 new

Thanks, Marge. I want to be very considerate of the feelings of others and at the same time never lead anyone on whom I am not romantically interested in. Am learning to use the emote so will try to send one to you now as a thanks. biggrin

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: There's almost no one I've ever encountered that I could consider "ineligible" ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

There's almost no one I've ever encountered that I could consider "ineligible" right off the bat. Nearly anyone would get at least a "thanks" and an emote.

I would never send a literal "Not Interested" message. It's awfully painful to receive one when all a person has tried to do is reach out to a potential friend.

--hide--

Marge, You're totally correct. I was talking about a little bit after you could see some of who/what the potential match is about.

When I got blocked right after I sent a simple hello to a gentleman on here, that was an unexpected, very surprising blow. I thought that a bit much! eyebrow duck faint scratchchin rolling eyes wide eyed Like you, I would give someone the benefit of the doubt. It's just plain courteous to send a simple reply. But most men here just don't respond for whatever reason! It's always a nice surprise to find a message in your inbox anyway.

May 8th 2013 new

Carol you didn't do anything wrong so don't worry. My friend says in that case he is saving your time and energy for another friend. wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 15