Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-828727 said: Tahoe is such a great place. Almost as great as McCall Idaho
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

Tahoe is such a great place. Almost as great as McCall Idaho

--hide--

Fred, is McCall your hometown or is it known for something?
May 8th 2013 new

My grandmother was born on on the side of Payette lake around 1890s; not sure on her birthday; since the Shoshones wer vague on birthdays. I have visited for years. My grandmothers people were forced to leave to go to Eastern Idaho reservation. Check Out McCall Idaho on the internet. It is a great place to visit with lots of things to do and white water rafting and good hunting. I was there about 4 years ago and awoke and thought a raccoon was messinng with the trash cans and walked out at about midnight and saw a small black bear run up a tree next to the cabin. I decided that I should go back inside.

May 8th 2013 new

Ireland. August.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Sounds great, Jerry. I was in Reno once for a convention and we were going to drive to Tahoe but ran out o...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Sounds great, Jerry. I was in Reno once for a convention and we were going to drive to Tahoe but ran out of time. I hear it is beautiful and fun.
--hide--
I have always flown into Reno....and sometimes take a bus the rest of the way to Tahoe. But "K", my cousin has come down before and picked me up there. Course we stayed for awhile to hit the machines. But one time we went to the antique car show and it was great. And that trip up the mountain by car/bus is a pretty one. Gosh I'm thinking about looking into flights now!

May 8th 2013 new

Love my summer ... I'm hitting Palm Springs for a small vaca with family and later this summer, the Sturgis Bike Rally. I'm hitting a few concerts at the Rally. I don't go to the Rally every year, and I'm not a biker - but it's a fun place to go. And they really have great concerts.

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I have always flown into Reno....and sometimes take a bus the rest of the way to Tahoe. But "K", my c...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I have always flown into Reno....and sometimes take a bus the rest of the way to Tahoe. But "K", my cousin has come down before and picked me up there. Course we stayed for awhile to hit the machines. But one time we went to the antique car show and it was great. And that trip up the mountain by car/bus is a pretty one. Gosh I'm thinking about looking into flights now!

--hide--

Let us know about your trip when you get back!
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-828727 said: My grandmother was born on on the side of Payette lake around 1890s; not sure on her birthday; since the Shoshon...
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

My grandmother was born on on the side of Payette lake around 1890s; not sure on her birthday; since the Shoshones wer vague on birthdays. I have visited for years. My grandmothers people were forced to leave to go to Eastern Idaho reservation. Check Out McCall Idaho on the internet. It is a great place to visit with lots of things to do and white water rafting and good hunting. I was there about 4 years ago and awoke and thought a raccoon was messinng with the trash cans and walked out at about midnight and saw a small black bear run up a tree next to the cabin. I decided that I should go back inside.

--hide--

Fred, it looks beautiful...www.mccall.id.us
May 9th 2013 new

I'm headed to Vegas in a few months. I've never been, but am thrilled to meet up again with a couple of gals whom I got to meet on the CM Ireland trip two years ago. They've been to Vegas before, but I'll be a newbie. We're not the big gamblers, but we hope to take some day trips to the Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam/Red Rock, take in some shows, sit by the pool, etc.

Any suggestions to add to our list, by the way? I've always been lucky to get some great advice before making trips!

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I'll be heading to CM Italy and coming home via Dublin Ireland! We will be going to Assissi...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I'll be heading to CM Italy and coming home via Dublin Ireland! We will be going to Assissi, Padua (bucket list destination as St Anthony is my favorite saint) and Cascia, as well as spending time at a Villa in Tuscany.

--hide--

Chica Babe, you know I'm sending out hugs to you and all the other travellers for these two trips. Can't wait to hear the stories!

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri. Allow at least two days for this escape. The employees, the atmosph...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri. Allow at least two days for this escape. The employees, the atmosphere, live music shows (included), skilled craftsmen demonstrating their art, the variety of things to learn, observe and do...More than anything though, I always leave there with a warm heart and a bigger smile.

At Christmas, you think you have gone back in time. Christ's name is proudly used and Christmas greetings come from all the employees. Many are retired and now work here and it is because they love being a part of Silver Dollar. The shows, costumes, carolers and lights are outstanding.

The owners of Silver Dollar City are pro-life and have publicly stated so. This is a great destination but, an absolute must during the Christmas Season. http://www.silverdollarcity.com
--hide--

My friend is already planning for next winter. She is a AMAZING snowboarder. I might meet up with her and go skiing in Switzerland. Something to cross off the bucket list! Anyone been skiing there? I thing it is called Verbier? Not sure if that spelling is correct...

Posts 31 - 40 of 45