Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: humor is a winner...maybe a joke or a comedy movie you saw... IE: has this ever happened to you et...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

humor is a winner...maybe a joke or a comedy movie you saw... IE: has this ever happened to you etc.....
course singing is always fun and funny

--hide--

I do think humor makes everything fun and if two people can really laugh, then it really adds to their connection.... laughing wink laughing

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
--hide--

Lot's of money! duck duck duck duck duck duck laughing

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I struggle to get past hi sometimes when I first meet a woman and to get her to talk about herself. It...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I struggle to get past hi sometimes when I first meet a woman and to get her to talk about herself. It's really frustrating.
--hide--

I have the same problem in that I'm also a little on the shy side when meeting new people, but I've been working on it. It really takes practice to get a conversation going. I know that I'm a good listener. I pick up on things and try to remember them. Remembering something that I said that was important to me is definately a good way to show that you are interested in me. Ask open ended questions that require more than a yes/no answer.

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Lot's of money!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Lot's of money!

--hide--

And here I was thinking alcohol... who knew!

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Good choice... Do women misunderstand you?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Good choice... Do women misunderstand you?

--hide--

Sometimes, but my intentions are good,...sometimes. laughing wink

May 9th 2013 new
To borrow a line from "an American president" ... Compliment her on her shoes. Or something else if it is someone you met on CM review her profile info and any conversations you have had and ask a question that shows you remember something ... Like I remember you said you traveled to Michigan. What took you there? What did you like etc. if you ask open ended questions follow ups should be pretty easy. It's ok for there to be lulls ...
May 9th 2013 new

Do NOT talk about other dates, girlfriends or exwives. Do NOT talk about or allude to sex, in any fashion. Do NOT answer your phone while spending time with her.

See how much time this will leave you with to just be in the moment!?!?!? heart

May 9th 2013 new

There is no one formula that will work for every lady you meet, but there are some common factors:

1) Appearance – be your best self. If your style is casual, that is no excuse for a huge grease stain. If your style is more formal, make sure the shirt is ironed. If you are athletic and you are meeting for a bike ride or a hike or a tennis match, wear something appropriate for the activity that is still
presentable. (So, no ripped sweatpants). You get the gist.

2) Good manners never go out of style.

3) Pleasant conversation. If you are struggling to get past “Hi”, make comments about neutral things like the weather, the home team, etc. If you’re actually on a date, ask questions or make comments about things that interest you or are meaningful to you, and see if you have anything in common there. Sometimes the best questions aren’t even questions. “On Sunday, I’m going to a brunch with my family after Mass.” That gives the other
person an opening to ask where you go to Church, talk about their own Church and / or their own family, or perhaps to discover that you don’t match up in that area.

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: Do NOT talk about other dates, girlfriends or exwives. Do NOT talk about or allude to sex, in ...
(Quote) Michelle-443439 said:

Do NOT talk about other dates, girlfriends or exwives. Do NOT talk about or allude to sex, in any fashion. Do NOT answer your phone while spending time with her.

See how much time this will leave you with to just be in the moment!?!?!?

--hide--

Great advice! The "do not" list is just as important as the "do" list!

May 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I strut around like a peacock, flex my big muscles, and place shiny objects at her feet.Works ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I strut around like a peacock, flex my big muscles, and place shiny objects at her feet.

Works every time.

--hide--

laughing laughing
Posts 21 - 30 of 67