Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 9th 2013 new
What sort of open-ended questions?

It's often frustrating being out with a woman who gives me short three or four word answers. Not only that it's discouraging.
May 9th 2013 new
There is this really attractive young woman in my parish who I seem to have a hard time getting past hi with.

My only reservation is she might be a little young as she is 26.
May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: There is this really attractive young woman in my parish who I seem to have a hard time getting past hi w...
(Quote) John-220051 said: There is this really attractive young woman in my parish who I seem to have a hard time getting past hi with.

--hide--

If there is a connection, go for it! After a few conversations and/or dates, you will have a better idea if you are on the same page maturity and other wise. Good luck!

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What sort of open-ended questions? It's often frustrating being out with a woman who gives me...
(Quote) John-220051 said: What sort of open-ended questions?

It's often frustrating being out with a woman who gives me short three or four word answers. Not only that it's discouraging.
--hide--

How about "What was the last book you read?" If she likes to read, she'll love that question. If she says something like she can't remember, move on to another topic.

May 9th 2013 new
[quote]John. what else do you know about her? Do you know what she likes? Theology on Tap or pro-life activities?
May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: There is this really attractive young woman in my parish who I seem to have a hard time getting past hi w...
(Quote) John-220051 said: There is this really attractive young woman in my parish who I seem to have a hard time getting past hi with.

--hide--

Sorry John, but if my 26 year old daughter came home with somebody who was 38 I wouldn't be too pleased and would let her know. From there she could do what she wants. If I was 26 and someone who was 38 approached me I would probably high tail it out of there. Try to find someone who is at least over 30 :veryhappy... BTW, why is it men are always attracted to the youngen's?

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I struggle to get past hi sometimes when I first meet a woman and to get her to talk about herself. It...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I struggle to get past hi sometimes when I first meet a woman and to get her to talk about herself. It's really frustrating.
--hide--

Give a generic compliment, ask her about her day- encourage her to be specific. I know what you mean about people who won't "add" to the conversation- it IS frustrating, but the shy need their help, I guess.

May 9th 2013 new

John it is possible that you already are getting the answer to an age problem with her short answers. I would find out if the age gap is what you suspect. If you don't think age is an issue look for opportunities to interact at church events where the activity can be interlaced with getting to know you topics.

OR the "shiny things at her feet" ........

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Show that you care about her and what she is thinking. Remember what she says and...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Show that you care about her and what she is thinking. Remember what she says and reply to it. Build on that.

--hide--

Yes, I've found that women are indeed impressed by this.

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-427945 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Show that you care about her and what s...
(Quote) Chris-427945 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Show that you care about her and what she is thinking. Remember what she says and reply to it. Build on that.

Yes, I've found that women are indeed impressed by this.

--hide--

It helps to build that sense of connection. I went out with a man who could not stop talking about 3 years ago. We stayed in touch for a while but parted ways for a while. During the build up to the election and last summer while reading a certain book I felt compelled to contact him and get his thoughts on the upcoming election and the book I had read last summer. We have slowly begun talking again and he decided to drive up 3 1/2 hours and we went out for a day and he made it a point to talk less. That means a lot to me that he made all the effort he has made. So in order to talk less and listen more he aske me some questions. It has been a nice treat for him to self reflect and try this approach with me.

Posts 31 - 40 of 67