Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: I'm too busy praying that my BFF gets a phone call from the Redskins. He was at their tra...
(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said:

I'm too busy praying that my BFF gets a phone call from the Redskins. He was at their training camp last weekend.

It's tough for him cause he lined up next to Eric Fisher every game for the last few years...and no one knows who he is! Except, now a lot of people do because the Washington Times wrote a cool piece on him :D

--hide--

Hi Stephanie! Yes finally another female in here wave highfive Pray, share us a link about him? biggrin So it sounds like he's an UDFA?

We (and by that I meant 49ers hehehe) are playing against the Skins I think in week 8? Can't remember, but I am looking forward to this match up. I hope RG3's recovering ok. I didn't like how the team docs and coaches handled his injury. Great athlete like that being tossed up like a rag doll during the play offs. It was so painful to watch.

Hello Gerard - those are great picks to have in 2014 - so many great college players out there that are going to be eligible next year. Yes I did hear about Harvin - I also heard that he has "migraine" issues which is why he missed some games? Maybe from a 49ers fan stand point, maybe he'll have a migraine twice this season hehehe

I read that Petersen has set his rushing-record this season to 2,500 woah...hope he doesn't spread himself too thin but more power to him

I like our FAs too - Dawson from the Browns (we have to let Akers go, don't know what happened to him he was so good). John (Harbaugh) just threw his brother Jim a bone with Boldin in exchange for our #4 pick. I'm not sure about our CB yet though. But I a most excited about Boldin. Crabtree-Boldin-Gore-James-Davis = beast mode as they say it hahaha.

I'd hate to see people get cut eventually to maintain a 53-man roster - so many talented players, but that is nature of the beast.

Did you hear about former Lions WR Titus Young about being arrest 2x in 1 day? Way to blow buddy! That's just too bad.

May 10th 2013 new
The Lions (my team!) don't have the best luck with players.

I prefer college football to the NFL, but I still turn on the TV almost every Sunday afternoon.
May 10th 2013 new
And the link for my friend is here...

www.washingtontimes.com
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: The Lions (my team!) don't have the best luck with players. I prefer college football to...
(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: The Lions (my team!) don't have the best luck with players.

I prefer college football to the NFL, but I still turn on the TV almost every Sunday afternoon.
--hide--

Hello Stephanie,

I hope your friend makes the grade.It's a tough road.

The Vikings are my team.They meet the Lions to start and end the season.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hi Stephanie! Yes finally another female in here Pray, share us a link about him? So it ...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Hi Stephanie! Yes finally another female in here Pray, share us a link about him? So it sounds like he's an UDFA?

We (and by that I meant 49ers hehehe) are playing against the Skins I think in week 8? Can't remember, but I am looking forward to this match up. I hope RG3's recovering ok. I didn't like how the team docs and coaches handled his injury. Great athlete like that being tossed up like a rag doll during the play offs. It was so painful to watch.

Hello Gerard - those are great picks to have in 2014 - so many great college players out there that are going to be eligible next year. Yes I did hear about Harvin - I also heard that he has "migraine" issues which is why he missed some games? Maybe from a 49ers fan stand point, maybe he'll have a migraine twice this season hehehe

I read that Petersen has set his rushing-record this season to 2,500 woah...hope he doesn't spread himself too thin but more power to him

I like our FAs too - Dawson from the Browns (we have to let Akers go, don't know what happened to him he was so good). John (Harbaugh) just threw his brother Jim a bone with Boldin in exchange for our #4 pick. I'm not sure about our CB yet though. But I a most excited about Boldin. Crabtree-Boldin-Gore-James-Davis = beast mode as they say it hahaha.

I'd hate to see people get cut eventually to maintain a 53-man roster - so many talented players, but that is nature of the beast.

Did you hear about former Lions WR Titus Young about being arrest 2x in 1 day? Way to blow buddy! That's just too bad.

--hide--

Hey Reena,

Percy Harvin has had many issues:he is injury prone,temper tantrums on the sidelines,continuous migraines,and outright criticism towards at least one teammate.It was obvious that he didn't want to stay in Minnesota,any longer.He has TREMENDOUS talent...a great kickoff returner,a great slot receiver,effective as occasional running back.He is NOT a good wide receiver(if there is no sepration from the defender,chances are pretty good for an INC or INT.He lacks height and desire to fight for the ball).Addition by subtraction.

As for Adrian Peterson,I hope he does NOT get 2500 yards.It could come at too high a physical price.We need him for the playoffs(hopefully).

I think that CB Assumah can be effective in S.F.He was not properly utilized in Philadelphia.

BTW...the 49ers have a rough schedule from weeks 2 to 5(3 of 4 games in prime time).The Vikings will play them,in week three of preseason.

The Lions led the league,in terms of embarrasing off-season police incedents,last year.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: The Lions (my team!) don't have the best luck with players. I prefer college football to...
(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: The Lions (my team!) don't have the best luck with players.

--hide--

Hello Stephanie - I like both but I am more familiar with the NFL. Speaking of, can't wait see what Chip Kelly can in Philly.

Thanks for the link, Stephanie. Best wishes to your friend and hope the NFL and media would see beyond Fisher's shadow. There is hope. Remember Kurt Warner? Went undrafted, played arena football for years. Was stocking shelves at a grocery store at minimum wage when he got a call from the Rams and he lead the Rams to a Superbowl victory. There is hope. Thanks for the heads up on your friend.

I still remember "the handshake" hoopla between coach Harbaugh and the Lions Coach (forgot his name sorry).

Hello Gerard - oh woah laughing didn't realize Harvin was like that. How hard that must be in the locker room. I can see now why the Vikes made the decision.

Interesting what you said about Nmandi A. scratchchin it's very conditional what he has with the 49ers - but the great thing about the 49er culture is that they would make him compete with Rogers, Brown and maybe even rookie Cooper for the starting job. I notice too that he is the most veteran of all CBs, with Rogers after him. We shall see.

As Vikes fan, what do you think of Mike Singletary?

How was rookie camp for everyone?

Happy Mother's Day all your Mommas! wave

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hello Stephanie - I like both but I am more familiar with the NFL. Speaking of, can'...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Hello Stephanie - I like both but I am more familiar with the NFL. Speaking of, can't wait see what Chip Kelly can in Philly.

Thanks for the link, Stephanie. Best wishes to your friend and hope the NFL and media would see beyond Fisher's shadow. There is hope. Remember Kurt Warner? Went undrafted, played arena football for years. Was stocking shelves at a grocery store at minimum wage when he got a call from the Rams and he lead the Rams to a Superbowl victory. There is hope. Thanks for the heads up on your friend.

I still remember "the handshake" hoopla between coach Harbaugh and the Lions Coach (forgot his name sorry).

Hello Gerard - oh woah didn't realize Harvin was like that. How hard that must be in the locker room. I can see now why the Vikes made the decision.

Interesting what you said about Nmandi A. it's very conditional what he has with the 49ers - but the great thing about the 49er culture is that they would make him compete with Rogers, Brown and maybe even rookie Cooper for the starting job. I notice too that he is the most veteran of all CBs, with Rogers after him. We shall see.

As Vikes fan, what do you think of Mike Singletary?

How was rookie camp for everyone?

Happy Mother's Day all your Mommas!

--hide--

Hey Reena,

Mike Singletary was an outstanding linebacker,with the Chicago Bears. I admired his abibilty and style of play.As division rivals,he was a thorn in the side... laughing

I was ESTACTIC when he joined the Vikes as a special assistant and linebackers coach.Unfortunately,there has been a lot of recent turnover at the position(Chad Greenway has been the one constant).They picked a couple of linebackers in the draft...only time will tell.

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Hey Reena, Mike Singletary was an outstanding linebacker,with the Chicago Bears....
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Hey Reena,

Mike Singletary was an outstanding linebacker,with the Chicago Bears. I admired his abibilty and style of play.As division rivals,he was a thorn in the side...

I was ESTACTIC when he joined the Vikes as a special assistant and linebackers coach.Unfortunately,there has been a lot of recent turnover at the position(Chad Greenway has been the one constant).They picked a couple of linebackers in the draft...only time will tell.

--hide--
Gerard....how are you!? You describe one of my all-time favorites at linebacker. He never let size get in the way of his outstanding play. And opposing offenses DID fear him.

I had the pleasure of meeting him once when his playing career was over. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met! Guess he must have left all that meanness on the field!

May 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Gerard....how are you!? You describe one of my all-time favorites at linebacker. He never let siz...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Gerard....how are you!? You describe one of my all-time favorites at linebacker. He never let size get in the way of his outstanding play. And opposing offenses DID fear him.

I had the pleasure of meeting him once when his playing career was over. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met! Guess he must have left all that meanness on the field!

--hide--

Jerry,

It's good to see you again! He was a smart player with good skills and instincts.

May 24th 2013 new
Hello Gerard, hello Jerry and everyone

Singletary was indeed a great linebacker and I wouldn't want to be at the other end of those eyes in the field for sure. You are right about him not letting size deter him either. I'm glad that he is still in the game he loves. He was with SF for a few years and I think had two seasons as the head coach - it wasn't a pleasant dynamic it appears - on field and off field. Sadly, some 49er fans resort to calling him "Dingleberry" because of it. More power to him with the Vikes.

Michael Crabtree had a torn achilles - he might not start until november. I'm glad we acquired veteran Boldin and we also have Manningham and we'll see if Jenkins will deliver something this season.

And Superbowl 50 - how about that? Woohoo! At the 49ers new Levis stadium!

Posts 41 - 50 of 61