Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Even though you may believe in premarital sex for yourself, certainly you would respect a woma...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Even though you may believe in premarital sex for yourself, certainly you would respect a woman that doesn't. Make sure you let her know that you would be respectful of her beliefs and it's not a deal breaker for you. You might be surprised at the beautiful woman God has waiting for you:) Read the Book of Tobit in the Catholic Bible, it is truly inspirational on this topic.

--hide--

I think Laura said it very well. In addition, the admonition against premartital sex is plainly stated in 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 and Galatians 5:16-25. So, it's not the priests or the Church, it is truly God who gives us this caution.

Personally, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a person who doesn't agree with #7 because it just may be that he will respect my beliefs & standards in this regard.

However, I will generally pass over a profile of someone who does not put God at the center of his life & that includes attending Mass less than weekly.

As others have suggested, DO NOT LIE about who you are & what you believe & practice.

And I do agree with the advice to be patient because sometimes it takes time to get even one solid response from someone you might connect with.

May 10th 2013 new

OOPS! I meant question #5.

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: I have read through the posts and do not find them judgemental. Albert asked why he was not get...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

I have read through the posts and do not find them judgemental. Albert asked why he was not getting responses and a number of us answered.

It is a fact that this is a Catholic site. And a large number of men and women are here to seek a partner who will help them in their Catholic journey. So this is one area where many would not respond back to him. In fact, I only read Albert's profile to give him constructive feedback, as he asked for it. Just because one does not agree with it, does not mean that it is judgmental. I think the posts have been very charitable, asking Albert to discern and pray about his stance on premarital sex. Our Lady of Fatima has said, " More souls go to hell for sins of the flesh than for any other reason."

The bible and the church teachings are very clear about this. To me it is not a personal value system but a Catholic value system based on God's teaching. To do anything else is disobedience to God. And to me a 45 year old virgin is precious in the sight of God. That is our calling.

"Do you not realise that people who do evil will never inherit the kingdom of God? Make no mistake -- the sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, the self-indulgent, sodomites, thieves, misers, drunkards, slanderers and swindlers, none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

Some of you used to be of that kind: but you have been washed clean, you have been sanctified, and you have been justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and through theSpirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6 : 9-11

Is it OK for us to remain silent and let a soul be lost? If someone has failed in this area, God is forgiving. He is always there to give us the strength we require to remain chaste. You can be washed clean.

So those of you who think premarital sex is OK, please pray and seek God and he will guide you. I pray that God bless you and show everyone seeking, the light and the truth.

--hide--

Pauline wrote some mighty powerful words for all of us to ponder. Bow clap You get a Gold Star! highfive hersheyskiss rose thumbsup theheart

May 10th 2013 new
Hi Albert, I looked at your profile. I have two thoughts. First, and as previously mentioned, monthly vs. weekly mass attendance would be a deal-breaker for me. Second, 6/7 (and your 1/7 being premarital sex) doesn't cut it for several reasons for me. In addition to violating our beautiful church's teaching, and the many objective, tangible and evidence based reasons for avoiding premarital sex I have yet another reason (perhaps selfish) for avoiding a relationship with a man not opposed to premarital sex. I want a man that will help me stay accountable, pray with me for premarital chastity, and walk that walk with me. If I am unequally yoked with a man in a dating relationship and I have to be the one to hold that boundary and he doesn't it will only lead to other unhealthy imbalances in the relationship. Blessings and keep seeking the truth.
May 10th 2013 new

Hi Albert, I am new here too and feel the same way you do. It's hard to tell what the other person is thinking when you don't even get a response to an emotigram. I try to answer everyone and even send a thank you to let them know I appreciate they viewed my profile. I think the others are right. We just need to give it time and hope God will lead us to our "perfect match"! Praying

May 10th 2013 new

Hey Albert,
I too have encountered this problem, and have thought about it quite extensively. From what I have gathered from reading the forums and my own experiences here emotigrams and almost as personal as waving at someone from across a crowded room. There is no connection with them. Send a message to the person you find interesting, maybe ask a simple question about their day or their week. Tell them what in their profile sparked your interest. Hopefully it was more than simply their profile picture. If they don't respond to an actual message then they likely are not paying members of the website. If they do respond then you have established a connection and can begin to learn more about them, see if that spark of interest is more than just a spark. I know my advice likely doesn't count for much as compared to that given by some of these other folks here on the forum but I hope you can take what helps and leave what doesn't.

God Bless!

May 10th 2013 new
The truth is that a lot of people on here aren't mature enough to be in a relationship. They are more concerned about using you to make them feel better about themselves(the amount of vanity on this site is insane) You don't want someone who is emotionally insecure. Focus on strengthening yourself in the Spirit of God and from that, good things will come. God Bless.
May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Albert-964084 said: I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site. I have been ...
(Quote) Albert-964084 said:

I would love to get feedback on how to get more involved with this site.

I have been unable to get girls to write back and engage in conversations. Not withstanding that many may not like the way I look, getting no responses in writing (many emoticons, no actual messages) is making the experience on catholic match a disappointing one. Any suggestions or is there a proper protocol that must be observed?

--hide--

Continue doing what you do.

Attend local events or even plan an event, mass and brunch, dinner and a movie, dinner and mass, ice cream, coffee, outdoor concerts etc Just keep on keeping on and don't give up, have patience and don't put so much pressure on yourself and do have fun in the process God's Blessings!!

May 10th 2013 new
Marge, you forgot the "beset by demons" group. This group is serious but demons prevent them from finding like-minded people they could marry. I honestly believe that many demons are devoted to preventing Catholic marriages that might produce Catholic children. There is a cosmic battle between good and evil, and perhaps some of us are nothing more than "collateral damage" in that larger scheme of things, or perhaps we have been directly attacked; no one will ever know for sure. This "group 4" probably is not a large group compared to the others, but we are here. One could consider us "totally unattractive" but I don't think that's what is meant by "unattractive" here. I may not have a scar across my face or a peg leg, but my values probably repel many a woman. Yet if I lived in the Midwest, I would have been married years ago. I do agree though that dating sites tend to be populated by those difficult to match. The ones that match easily get matched when they are young, and most don't even need a dating site; they just walk outside and attract someone. If they are not particularly religious, the demons leave them alone.
May 10th 2013 new

Very interesting point.
I don't know if I would agree entirely with your definition, but I would certainly amend my categories to include those I sometimes call "God's broken ones". Some of them may fall into your "beset by demons", but I suspect they are two overlapping rings on a Venn diagram.

Posts 41 - 50 of 179