Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

For the Retired

May 10th 2013 new

So many of us on CM say we prefer our own location. For us retired/semi-retired...ever think about long distance relationships like the snow birds? 6 months at his and 6 months at hers?

May 10th 2013 new
The man I dated a while ago asked me about that, as he knew I loved Wisconsin so much, but he loved this area best. A part of me thinks such an arrangement might be interesting, but for several reasons, it wouldn't work for me. One being having animals. Cats & dogs can be fairly easily transported, but gone from horses or chickens for 6 mos? And winter is one reason I want WI. So.....
May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: but gone from horses or chickens for 6 mos?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: but gone from horses or chickens for 6 mos?
--hide--

Wow! Lina, I live in an agricultural area but I think my brain still thinks suburban. I never considered larger animals! That would be hard to figure out.

May 10th 2013 new

I'd live anywhere for 6 months at a time.

But who's got money to do this?

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I'd live anywhere for 6 months at a time.But who's got money to do this?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I'd live anywhere for 6 months at a time.

But who's got money to do this?

--hide--
Oops, Marge - slight technical difficulty for sure.

But, it can be overcome. Many snowbirds own places in the sunny south. While they're not spending time there, a lot of people rent out their places to vacationers. They collect handsome rental incomes from this. Most of the occupants are referrals so there haven't been damage incidents to speak of. It's something like swapping houses for a period of time. Do-able with the use of common sense.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I'd live anywhere for 6 months at a time. But who's got money to do this?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I'd live anywhere for 6 months at a time. But who's got money to do this?

--hide--

Hi Marge! I was just thinking that most of us own our own homes and like where we live. Yet we say in our profiles we like to travel and see new things, so it would be akin to having your cake and eating it too (that anology may not work in this instance!) Falling in love with someone who will help us on the path to heaven, sigh. Wouldn't it be nice to not have either one have to give up home, friends and family to unite? Instead spending time in both locations might make for a larger circle of friends and family. I do understand the sacrificial nature of love and marriage, but I keep wondering........

May 11th 2013 new

I think I could do it for awhile, but I'm not sure about the long-term. I'm pretty sure I would tire of it after awhile. Now, if the commute was between California and Hawaii -- - - - Hmmmmm, I think I could "tolerate" that!

May 13th 2013 new

I would be very open to that idea if the man lived somewhere that I found attractive. In fact in sounds like a great adventure. My deceased husband owned his own home in MD and I own mine in VA, and we did a version of this arrangement. Ours revolved around my youngest child's school schedule but it worked fairly well. I would suggest that other retired folks consider this.

May 13th 2013 new

I would be very open to that idea if the man lived somewhere that I found attractive. In fact in sounds like a great adventure. My deceased husband owned his own home in MD and I own mine in VA, and we did a version of this arrangement. Ours revolved around my youngest child's school schedule but it worked fairly well. I would suggest that other retired folks consider this.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I would be very open to that idea if the man lived somewhere that I found attractive. In fact in s...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

--hide--
I think it's great idea. I teach and have 3 months off every summer. I was thinking more 9 months and 3 months until I retire.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12